PDA

View Full Version : Back to Bataan

BoholoX
23rd July 2013, 16:15
8.30am this Saturday on BBC2

A John Wayne movie filmed in 1945, interestingly enough had to be rewritten during filming as the actual invasion of the Philippines was on-going.

Not seen it before, but may be interesting for some

Terpe
23rd July 2013, 20:59
It's interesting for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've already set my video recorder. Thanks for the heads-up

cloud9-rob
7th August 2013, 18:40
Its ok film...there`s another ww2 film ..(colour film)...about Battan too,...how the locals help form resistance pockets........sorry I can not rember its name :$ ....its a B movie ..if I remember.....it shows some horros...like the troops being put in bunkers then burning fuel drums rolled in :( we all forget.....thease were people like you or me :/, poor old john wayne....they reckon he died from the cancer he got from filming in the deserts were they did those nuclear testing :(.....god rest your soul Mr wayne . Times have moved on ...but to us olders we remember...ha was al we saw on tv back in the 80s.....Cowboy films and the like.......into the late 90s........Hardly see the old classics nowa days . This worlds got it self in to one mighty big rush .......thank you old man river ha :$ creek ok going back in my coffin :$

cloud9-rob
7th August 2013, 18:44
The Americans had a bit of a time in the pines during ww2, the front line kept moving,, and MacArthur..had to abandon the troops...and they had to walk a great distance to escape the Japanese force...many life's lost......its war I suppose

Arthur Little
7th August 2013, 23:50
The Americans had a bit of a time in the pines during ww2, the front line kept moving,, and MacArthur..had to abandon the troops...

... 'fraid we're gonna have to abandon YOU in like manner. Goodbye! :Wave: