PDA

View Full Version : What a final climb of Le Tour de France

Terpe
20th July 2013, 16:39
Fantastic penultimate stage. The very top 3 riders overall all finish together as the 3 leaders in this stage.

I think Chris would have liked to win this stage and be 'King-of-the-Mountains' but came in 3rd behind Nairo Quintana (new 'King-of-the-Mountains' and Joaquim Rodriguez.

One thing I noticed was a trio of T***S who just ran out into the path of Froome. Unbelievable idiots.
Chris Froome lashed an arm at them to show his feelings.

Anyway, Chris Froome has demolished the competition and is now all set to ride victorious into Paris tomorrow.

Who'd have thought that UK would win twice running. That's only twice in 100 years and both consectutive. What more this is the 100th anniversary year.

Fa fa Froomage, allez allez allez!!!

stevewool
20th July 2013, 17:25
yes a very good tour, but over so quick too,
Talking about the idiots running along side the riders, did you see the old chap wearing nothing but black shorts and holding a stuffed wild bore running along them smilling and laughing

Terpe
20th July 2013, 18:04
yes a very good tour, but over so quick too,
Talking about the idiots running along side the riders, did you see the old chap wearing nothing but black shorts and holding a stuffed wild bore running along them smilling and laughing

I must have missed that one Steve..:icon_lol:

There's a huge fan base and following for this event and so many spectators. It does irk me a little to see them getting far too close, running alongside and slapping the backs of these riders. I guess they get used to it as part of the event though.

Did you notice all those smoke flares yesterday??

Anyway, I miss my TdF afternoons watching ITV4

stevewool
20th July 2013, 18:31
its crazy with all them folk, i offen woder would it be better with motorbikes side by side in front to give them the extra space but, thinking back its always been like that up in the mountains , the only thing that has changed is the cloths they are wearing ie lack off i mean, the man carrying the pig in on youtube

somebody
20th July 2013, 19:02
Was a great stage as have many this year. I saw on fb the tour page was warning people to stay back. It's the beauty of the sport that your up close but one day you get the feeling it will end up in tears one day but do we stop everything just in case or take a few risks?

bigmarco
20th July 2013, 23:33
Congratulations to Chris and how amazing is British Cycling at the moment.
Like to see Mark Cavendish win the final sprint down the Champs Elyees for the fifth consecutive time which would be an out right record.
Could be a good weekend for us with Lee Westwood leading in the Open and England about to smash the Aussies in the 2nd test