PDA

View Full Version : "Work & Benefits"

Arthur Little
19th July 2013, 15:51
Invariably ... :anerikke: ... much time and discussion's spent on these two topics. Here they ARE again albeit from a refreshingly different perspective:

Thanks to my wife's natural talents as an 'agriculturist' her "green fingers" have made a TREMENDOUS difference to the appearance of my [now our] garden over the past 4 years (and a bit) since she first set foot on British "soil" in March 2009.

Now don't get me wrong :nono-1-1: ... I'd put one helluv an effort into converting - what amounted to one LARGE rubble heap when my late first wife and myself became the occupants of a brand-new house in *June 1968 - into a nice garden ... one I'd structurally altered many times in the 23 years between *then and the summer of 1991, a few months before she died.

However, for the greater part of 17 years following her death, I found I simply couldn't be bothered tending to the "showpiece" we'd created together. Oh ...:anerikke: ... I continued to cut the grass ... keep the ground generally neat & tidy, etc. But I didn't really add to the existing collection of plants or shrubs.

Anyway, Myrna and I are about to order a ton or two of gravel. So - in spite of the current heatwave - I've spent a good deal of the past week hacking away at the bone-hard earth surrounding the borders of her beautiful flowerbeds with the aid of a pick borrowed from a friend, levelling the ground in preparation.

:yeahthat:'s been MY work! And bloody hard graft it IS too in the blazing :sunshine: for a (more or less) lifelong penpusher rapidly approaching the age of 70!

"Benefits"?? Well ... :anerikke: ... if we've been the envy of the local neighbourhood ever since Myrna's arrival ... we'll soon be even MORE so! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th July 2013, 16:05
Why don't you get onto your local Probation Office Arthur and see if they can get a squad of criminals sent out to do the grafting as so called "Community Payback".

On second thoughts the work would probably be too hard and be rejected by 'Elf n Safety

imagine
19th July 2013, 16:08
Why don't you get onto your local Probation Office Arthur and see if they can get a squad of criminals sent out to do the grafting as so called "Community Payback".

On second thoughts the work would probably be too hard and be rejected by 'Elf n Safety

oh and don't forget their human rights :doh:icon_lol:

Dedworth
19th July 2013, 16:10
oh and don't forget their human rights :doh:icon_lol:

Blimey I slipped up there :biggrin:

imagine
19th July 2013, 17:58
Blimey I slipped up there :biggrin:

you will get downgraded to politician status if your not careful :laugher::laugher: