PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice - The Final

DaveyWallis
18th July 2013, 17:30
Well it was on last night and Leah won.

What do others think about this recent series?

I thought that Lord Sugar didn't really want to go with either business idea. Both were flawed IMO, but Leah's was marginally the better of the two.

I think that he would have preferred to work with Neil Clough and was bitterly disappointed with his business plan, which was awful.

It makes you wonder about the quality of the contestants when the last 5 had such weak ideas.

Still well worth watching though, especially the way that Louisa 'evolved' over the last few weeks.

Will be glued to the final series of Dexter now.

grahamw48
18th July 2013, 18:06
I missed the final, after having watched the rest of the series. :Brick:

The standard of candidates in this series does seem to have taken a nosedive.

Yes, Leah was probably the best bet, but out of a pretty disappointing bunch.

Presumably Lord Sugar's remuneration will exceed his investment, but I still reckon he'll be a bit sick this time.

Ako Si Jamie
18th July 2013, 19:06
I missed the final too but I've watched every episode this series and I do agree with Graham about the standard being poor.

And I'm surprised Leah won it. For me she's been too much of a back seat driver and hasn't really shown enough to warrant the win although Neil shot himself in the foot with his business plan paving the way open for others.

As for Sugar, he baffles me with some of his decisions. For instance he's forever saying stuff like 'Go with what you know' yet he chose Leah's botox business plan which he admitted is an area he knows nothing about. :Erm: The other girl Luisa's business plan was right up his street too.

Terpe
18th July 2013, 20:01
It's a TV programme so I guess the candidates and personalities are chosen primarily for the entertainment and audience pulling power rather than business acumen.

I really believe he shyed away from Luisa as she's likely to be too much of a handful. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
18th July 2013, 20:25
Yes of course Peter, they have to include some colourful characters, otherwise it would be a very dry experience for the average viewer. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Such a shame they got rid of Sophie so early on. :cwm3:

Terpe
18th July 2013, 20:30
...Such a shame they got rid of Sophie so early on. :cwm3:

Oh yes, what a business talent :icon_lol::icon_lol:

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

I always look for her at the opening clip :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
18th July 2013, 20:35
Such a shame they got rid of Sophie so early on. :cwm3:

I agree Graham :biggrin:

les_taxi
18th July 2013, 23:32
I thought Sophie was hard faced and clueless if I'm being honest, i liked both finalists and either could have won for me in the end :smile:
Leah had the most stunning eyes :-)

joebloggs
20th July 2013, 00:09
Plastic surgeons ask: is The Apprentice's Dr Leah able to treat patients?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/plastic-surgeons-ask-is-the-apprentices-dr-leah-able-to-treat-patients.1374254355