PDA

View Full Version : Teachers 'denied schoolboy, 10, water to avoid upsetting Muslim pupils during Ramadan

Dedworth
12th July 2013, 20:50
Teachers 'denied schoolboy, 10, water on the hottest day of the year to avoid upsetting Muslim pupils during Ramadan'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2361932/Teachers-denied-schoolboy-10-water-hottest-day-year-avoid-upsetting-Muslim-pupils-Ramadan.html#ixzz2YrXU6RkM

The so called "teacher" responsible should be sacked and banned from teaching for life

imagine
12th July 2013, 20:56
what utter nonsense :NoNo:

in anyway, surely muslims drink water at least while fasting

joebloggs
12th July 2013, 21:11
kids go to school to learn, not to have other peoples religious beliefs forced on them :mad:

raynaputi
12th July 2013, 21:32
This is crazy! How can you based one child's basic need on the others' religious practices??? :NoNo::cwm23:

DaveyWallis
12th July 2013, 22:12
Typical sensationalist journalism. Dig a little deeper, local papers are more accurate as they don't have 'agendas'.

Kids weren't banned from drinking water at all, just told to be discreet. Water was available but was kept in bottles on a tray rather than on desks.

Dedworth
12th July 2013, 22:35
Typical sensationalist journalism. Dig a little deeper, local papers are more accurate as they don't have 'agendas'.

Kids weren't banned from drinking water at all, just told to be discreet. Water was available but was kept in bottles on a tray rather than on desks.

Have you got a local rag link to the article saying kids weren't banned from drinking water ? - the Mirror are quoting the same as the Mail

DaveyWallis
12th July 2013, 22:39
My pleasure.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/national/news/10546226.Mother_s_anger_over__water_refusal_/

Mrs Blagden said that the teacher had told Luke that if he was to drink in front of them, it would be tantamount to "teasing".

She added that the water bottles were not kept on the table as usual but were being stored in a tray to keep them out of the sight of the fasting children.

DaveyWallis
12th July 2013, 22:50
About a year or so ago a young lady in Beeston, not far from me, took her own life.

At the inquest the local paper reported that she was having a hard time with her next door neighbour who was dealing drugs from his house.

She had also recently broken up from her fiancée of several years and it also transpired that her granddad repeatedly molested her as a child.

The story hit the nationals who did not report the latter two items but 'bigged up' the drug dealer story.

The reporters from the nationals camped up in the street to try to get stories from the locals, one of whom was one of my employees. They hounded the neighbours for several days. My employee was offered £2,500 for copies of communication between him and the local council regarding this drug dealer.

It was so bad that he couldn't leave his house during the day.

These national journalists are low-life scum and I wouldn't trust a word that they print.

grahamw48
12th July 2013, 22:54
So when are the NSPCC going to get involved in this ?

Children of ANY religion DEPRIVED OF FOOD AND WATER. ?

What a bunch of hypocritical fools we have allowing such nonsense in this country. :cwm23:

Same thing with the RSPCA and Halal slaughter. :NoNo:

Let them run their own damned schools if they want to pretend they're still living in the 14th century, then the rest of us civilised folk can go about educating our kids in the REAL world. :mad:

Arthur Little
12th July 2013, 23:02
So when are the NSPCC going to get involved in this ?

Children of ANY religion DEPRIVED OF FOOD AND WATER. ?

................ :gp:s

What a bunch of hypocritical fools we have allowing such nonsense in this country. :cwm23:

................. :iagree: ... it beggars belief! :crazy:

grahamw48
12th July 2013, 23:05
Furthermore, if I'd discovered any of this rubbish going on at a school my children were attending, I'd withdraw them and put in an official complaint.

This bowing and scraping to lunatic religious minorities is just getting too much ! :cwm23:

RELIGION HAS NO PLACE IN SCHOOLS ...especially religions that actively discriminate against all other belief systems and against WOMEN !

Dedworth
12th July 2013, 23:35
My pleasure.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/national/news/10546226.Mother_s_anger_over__water_refusal_/

The Mails write up has less detail than the Echo but it is a fair report and they are broadly similar - nowhere does the Mail say banned from drinking water. An exception to the normal routine was obviously made to pander to the Muslims

"She added that the water bottles were not kept on the table as usual but were being stored in a tray to keep them out of the sight of the fasting children."

"In this case, water was available and pupils were just reminded to be respectful to their classmates who were unable to drink in this hot weather."

Iani
13th July 2013, 08:39
Muslims are not required to fast until they reach puberty, and these were aged 10? Many children do, they do a half fast so they can get into the habit, and it makes them feel like they're taking part in the "grown ups family activity"

So in other words, if any were fasting, it was their choice.

The fast by the way, nothing is allowed to pass the lips - they don't drink or eat anything. We have a Ramadan calendar pinned up at work, and at the moment that means from about half 2 in the morning until about half 9 at night. That must be hard in this weather, but apparently that's the idea - to suffer and know what the poor feel like.

grahamw48
13th July 2013, 10:30
The NSPCC covers MINORS until they are adults at 18 years of age.

It seems that they are not interested in the dubious practices of certain 'protected' religious groups though.

I would also class circumcision as child abuse. The child has no choice in the matter of their physical mutilation by others...for purely religious purposes.

Funny how certain things get overlooked, while other stuff receives an inordinate amount of attention from the politically-correct/inclusive/diversity/equality brigade. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
13th July 2013, 11:14
kids go to school to learn, not to have other peoples religious beliefs forced on them :mad:

I agree 100% Joe! :xxgrinning--00xx3: