PDA

View Full Version : José puts 'em through their paces

Dedworth
8th July 2013, 21:37
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/08/article-2358175-1AB834DD000005DC-947_634x404.jpg

Jose Mourinho has revealed he is ready to shake off the criticisms of his playing style and play the attacking football that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants.

The Portuguese manager, who is starting pre-season in his second spell at Chelsea this week, took charge of his first session back armed with an iPad.

Mourinho shared a joke with Frank Lampard and Gary Cahill as he put his new squad through their paces on a boiling hot afternoon in Cobham.

The former Real Madrid and Inter Milan manager's ruthless brand of football has been called into question in the past, but now he wants to shape the team's mentality and excite the fans through free-flowing football.

'I want to make the Chelsea fans happy – by results, by our playing style, by the mentality and the personality of the team,' he said.

'They have to know that there are three options in the match – where we can win, draw or lose – but we always give everything.'

Speaking of his impeccable record at his clubs' home grounds, Mourinho said he is willing to chance his arm when it comes to switching tactics.

'I know in my record at Chelsea – also at Inter and Madrid – that I made many decisions that helped my teams.

'If I gamble, as you sometimes call it in England, with a very risky decision, it can go the wrong way.

'How many times did I play here with three defenders? I remember against West Ham [in April 2006], we were losing 1-0 and we were playing with 10 men after Maniche got a red card early in the game.

'I still gambled because I wanted to win with 10 men – and we did win, 4-1.'

But, as he embarks on his first pre-season after returning to the club, he has a host of new faces to manage - including his first two summer signings Andre Schurrle and Marco van Ginkel.

The duo played a game of pool at the club's Cobham training centre as they linked up with their new team-mates.

And Mourinho wants stalwarts from his previous success - like John Terry, Frank Lampard and Petr Cech - to embed his famous winning mentality in the younger members of the squad.

'Of course, there are senior players still at the club who can do the same and this is the legacy of the club culture – as some guys are arriving, they have others who can transmit to them immediately what this club means.

'One day, these older players will finish and the younger guys now will be the older ones in the future, so the Chelsea culture is continuously passed on from one generation to the next.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2358175/Jose-Mourinho-says-play-football-Roman-Abramovich-Chelsea-fans-want-see.html#ixzz2YULSWaKw

Not long till the Premier League domination begins again :biggrin:

les_taxi
8th July 2013, 21:55
Not long till the Premier League domination begins again
:icon_lol: Think you will find only one team has dominated the premier league :xxgrinning--00xx3: