PDA

View Full Version : hay fever

stevewool
6th July 2013, 10:36
well i have to ask this question, when we move to the phils is there such a thing like hay fever there too

Iani
6th July 2013, 17:29
Well, hayfever as you know of course is an allergy to pollen. In many if not most people I believe it's certain types of pollen - not all pollen. I know anyway that loads of people can go on holiday to Spain and the hayfever clears up. No lime tree pollen there perhaps.

I'd imagine then that your hayfever is unlikely to happen in Phils, unless you turn out to be allergic to banana or coconut pollen.............if such a thing exists.

Hilariously (not for me though) I turned out to have allergy to something which comes off the rice fields. In Catanduanes, this is pretty much like being allergic to rain in Britain. Never been so itchy in my life :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
7th July 2013, 00:08
Never had hay fever in my life Steve, but now you mention it you have reminded me that whilst living in Dumaguete I suffered with hay fever type symptoms most days for a few hours. When we flew back to England the symptoms disappeared after only a couple of hours flying never to return since, never did know what coursed it, I just assumed it was traffic or aircon pollution when in town or shopping malls because I never used aircon in our apartment because it can course health problems!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
8th July 2013, 00:11
steve I suffer from hay fever and for the last few years in the u.k have been pretty mild ,but here I am in the ph and right now i,m having it so bad ITS DRIVING ME NUTS really bad sneezing day and night .I was reading that its bad in the u.k right now well i,m 8000 miles away so it must be a global thing so yes its here too i,m affraid .

Ako Si Jamie
8th July 2013, 00:19
I had mild hay fever as a kid but not so much now.
These days bouts of sneezing come from different types of deodorant or aftershave.

Doc Alan
8th July 2013, 15:30
Just over a year ago I posted a thread on the topic of asthma and hay fever, which you might find helpful :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36627-Asthma-and-Hay-Fever?highlight=Asthma+and+hay+fever

diesel fella
9th July 2013, 22:38
Have always had hayfever in the UK but not at all when i was in Manila for 2 years, so down to your body's own reaction i'm afraid.