PDA

View Full Version : Need Solicitor or Not!!!

blessed_ekim0826
4th July 2013, 14:51
Can anyone please advice if we really need to hire a solicitor or not? Do you knew someone who you can trust with the paper works and not too expensive and did a good job during your application. Pls share to me your experience with your solicitor. Thank You :smile::smile:

grahamw48
4th July 2013, 16:50
A solicitor for what purpose ? :Erm:

For visa application I'd say no, unless you've been refused and are putting together an appeal.

Terpe
4th July 2013, 20:55
Can anyone please advice if we really need to hire a solicitor or not? Do you knew someone who you can trust with the paper works and not too expensive and did a good job during your application. Pls share to me your experience with your solicitor. Thank You :smile::smile:

I tend to agree with Graham.

Have you downloaded the visa application form and reviewed the questions ?
Are you able to provide the required documentary evidence demanded ?
A solicitor or immigration advisor will not be able to do anything without those documentations meeting UKBA requirements. They will just ask you to supply.

Please do your research. Check and double check how you will approach the application. Your partner will be the sponsor and will need to provide the biggest part of documentation.

If neither of you have either the time, understanding or motivation to DIY then better to seek professional assitance.
But remember that there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will be able to secure the visa.
If that will be the final decision you'll be well advised to find someone here in UK who understands immigration law and understands your specific circumstances.
It will not be cheap. At the minimum more than the cost of the visa.

I've mentioned this before, but I do think you and your partner need to have a serious discussion.

blessed_ekim0826
6th July 2013, 02:04
A solicitor for what purpose ? :Erm:

For visa application I'd say no, unless you've been refused and are putting together an appeal.

I was refused with my tourist visa. Its my first application for settlement.

blessed_ekim0826
6th July 2013, 02:11
I tend to agree with Graham.

Have you downloaded the visa application form and reviewed the questions ?
Are you able to provide the required documentary evidence demanded ?
A solicitor or immigration advisor will not be able to do anything without those documentations meeting UKBA requirements. They will just ask you to supply.

Please do your research. Check and double check how you will approach the application. Your partner will be the sponsor and will need to provide the biggest part of documentation.

If neither of you have either the time, understanding or motivation to DIY then better to seek professional assitance.
But remember that there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will be able to secure the visa.
If that will be the final decision you'll be well advised to find someone here in UK who understands immigration law and understands your specific circumstances.
It will not be cheap. At the minimum more than the cost of the visa.

I've mentioned this before, but I do think you and your partner need to have a serious discussion.

we always discussed this PCP visa, we agreed that we focus on that category but still he is doubting for the partnership bec of 40 yrs age gap. He said that society will say negative comments to us and never accept it. Society matters to him than his feeling which is no good.:cwm25:

blessed_ekim0826
6th July 2013, 08:38
Is this the recent form? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf4a.pdf