PDA

View Full Version : Murray wins a great match

andy222
3rd July 2013, 20:04
Well I thought the Scotsman had blown it when he was 2 sets down. Then the British player came back and won.:laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
7th July 2013, 16:25
2 sets up in the final now. Looking good. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
7th July 2013, 17:31
He's won in 3 sets.

Proud to be an Englishman

:Kilt::icon_lol:

fred
7th July 2013, 17:46
One of the best Tennis matches Ive ever seen..
Not too shabby..For a Jock.

raynaputi
7th July 2013, 18:01
:Jump::Jump::Jump: He deserves it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th July 2013, 18:05
First Brit to win the Wimbledon Finals in 77 years ... and a "Jock" :Kilt: to boot! :Hellooo:

fred
7th July 2013, 18:20
First Brit to win the Wimbledon Finals in 77 years ... and a "Jock" :Kilt: to boot! :Hellooo:

So we have a new William Wallace on our hands then??

Arthur Little
7th July 2013, 19:30

Well ... :anerikke: ... I suppose if you consider the close associations of BOTH men with the Royal Burgh of Stirling as being the "common denominator", then yes :icon_rolleyes: ... in the sense that the Murray family home lies (I believe) within its local authority boundaries whereas, Wallace's connection with the town itself was, of course, primarily an historic one.

marksroomspain
7th July 2013, 22:29
Well done Andy certainly makes me proud to be a Brit also as Scotland is one of my favourite places to visit as my great grandfather was from Paisley a true Scot, I am proud of my links:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
7th July 2013, 22:42
I've got Scottish blood in me too.
My great-grandfather was from Aberdeen.

Never mind eh? Worse things happen at sea. :icon_lol::wink:

KeithD
8th July 2013, 09:52
:Erm: He doesn't look anything like Mel Gibson :cwm25: .... or as Rooney would say, Gibinson :biggrin:

andy222
8th July 2013, 10:21
Yep great match. Well done that man.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
8th July 2013, 11:01
Scumbag Salmond

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/07/article-2357906-1AB47327000005DC-147_634x371.jpg

I'm just supporting Andy, honest! Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond raises giant Saltire behind David Cameron's head in Royal Box on Centre Court

Scottish First Minister smuggled flag into Centre Court in wife's handbag
Accused of photo-bombing David Cameron with political stunt
Mr Salmond insists no-one sticks to rule banning large flags
Asks for leniency after 117 wait for a Scot to win Wimbledon
Hails Murray as the 'King of Scotland' who can have whatever he likes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357906/Scotlands-First-Minister-Alex-Salmond-raises-giant-Saltire-David-Camerons-head-Wimbledon.html#ixzz2YRl6NbXu

Memo to Security - Strip search this pig and his wife when attending future events and functions

Arthur Little
8th July 2013, 12:27
... whereas, Wallace's connection with the town itself was, of course, primarily an historic one ...

... whilst Alex Salmond's *tenuos (*partial pun) connection with the 'future of Scotland' COULD be considered to be more of an hysterical :laughitupsmilie: one!

KeithD
8th July 2013, 13:22
As usual, a leading politician sets a good example that we can all follow :action-smiley-081:

Dedworth
8th July 2013, 14:04
As usual, a leading politician sets a good example that we can all follow :action-smiley-081:

Mr Salmond insists no-one sticks to rule banning large flags

Arthur Little
8th July 2013, 14:20
N.B. Tonight at 9 on BBC1:

'Andy Murray - The Man Behind The Racquet'

Sue Barker presents a profile of the Wimbledon champion ... following the tennis star on and off the court - revealing what it takes to compete at the highest level of the game - in addition
to looking at some of the preparation, rehabilitation, charity and media work entailed.

Contributions to the programme include those from his family, girlfriend, Kim Sears, coach, Ivan Lendl, celebrity fans and his three main rivals on the ATP tour, viz- Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.

:cwm25: ... should be interesting for anyone caring to watch! :grosyeux:

Dedworth
8th July 2013, 15:42
Looks like freeloaders Fat Boy and Coleen have developed an interest in tennis. I wonder if he had his pies delivered to his seat ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/08/article-2358121-1AB6FBF9000005DC-187_964x268.jpg

raynaputi
8th July 2013, 16:15
N.B. Tonight at 9 on BBC1:

'Andy Murray - The Man Behind The Racquet'

Sue Barker presents a profile of the Wimbledon champion ... following the tennis star on and off the court - revealing what it takes to compete at the highest level of the game - in addition
to looking at some of the preparation, rehabilitation, charity and media work entailed.

Contributions to the programme include those from his family, girlfriend, Kim Sears, coach, Ivan Lendl, celebrity fans and his three main rivals on the ATP tour, viz- Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.

:cwm25: ... should be interesting for anyone caring to watch! :grosyeux:

We watched that last week..:xxgrinning--00xx3: The show tonight is just a repeat and a bit of an extra at the end was added after he won the Wimbledon yesterday..:biggrin:

Arthur Little
8th July 2013, 17:07
We watched that last week..:xxgrinning--00xx3: The show tonight is just a repeat and a bit of an extra at the end was added after he won the Wimbledon yesterday..:biggrin:

:doh ... oh dear, I really AM behind the times, sportswise.

bigmarco
9th July 2013, 03:39
Looks like freeloaders Fat Boy and Coleen have developed an interest in tennis. I wonder if he had his pies delivered to his seat ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/08/article-2358121-1AB6FBF9000005DC-187_964x268.jpg

I bet that was a hell of a knowledgeable Tennis conversation between The Rooneys and Victoria Beckham :biggrin: