PDA

View Full Version : civil ceremony

Simon Ayers
3rd July 2013, 09:18
Hi I am new here. I an english and live and work in austria. My fiance is from Santa Rose Manila. We want to have a civil ceremony at the British Consul in Manila in september. We then want to apply for a UK passport so we can live together i Austria. Does anyone have any advice. I am aware that the civil ceremony is not difficult to arrange but what is the passport process and how long does this usually take??

Terpe
3rd July 2013, 13:57
Hello Simon welcome here to Filipino UK

Are you referring to a same sex Civil Partnership ?
If so please review this - Civil partnership registration Philippines (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-partnership-registration-philippines)

For opposite-sex civil wedding this can be quite easily done locally upon application for Marriage Licence.

In connection with your questions about British Passport, I'm not sure I understand what your asking.
Only British Citizens can apply for British Passport.
If your partner is not a British Citizen then they will not be eligible to apply for British Citizenship until meeting a 5 year qualifying period living in UK

If you both plan to live in Austria there'll be no opportunity to be able to qualify for British Citizenship.

sweetsamantha
3rd July 2013, 14:32
Hello Mr. Terpe I wanted to know if possible we can apply for a spouse visa this coming first week of Oct. however my husband company were closed on 31 of Oct...need some advice

Thank you,
sam

Terpe
3rd July 2013, 14:39
Hello Mr. Terpe I wanted to know if possible we can apply for a spouse visa this coming first week of Oct. however my husband company were closed on 31 of Oct...need some advice

Thank you,
sam

If your husband is in employment with income at the required level at the date of application and is able to provide all needed documentary evidence for all UKBA mandatory requirements then you can apply.

sweetsamantha
3rd July 2013, 15:43
Thanks for the help and advice much apprecited Mr. Terpe and yes he can provide all the documents....were getting married on sept. 1st and hopefully everything will be ok. I want to ask also about the requirements were going to submit to the embassy because I have a problem to my passport but I have other valid ID like my SSS that I can provide it so it is ok?

Her N.S.O. birth certificate (This should be fresh from NSO on latest type of security paper. Check)
Her Passport (or other appropriate ID)
Her Barangay clearance (if needed, please check well beforehand)
Her community tax certificate (often called Cedula)
Her postal I.D. Address
Her cenomar

Thank you again,
Sam

Terpe
3rd July 2013, 16:17
.....I want to ask also about the requirements were going to submit to the embassy because I have a problem to my passport but I have other valid ID like my SSS that I can provide it so it is ok?

Sam, if you mean visa application to the Embassy, then you MUST have a current valid passport.

You don't need a passport just for marriage.

sweetsamantha
7th July 2013, 15:37
Thank you again Sir Terpe and I have one thing to ask, if he can get a new job on october when we need to apply visa? we do need to wait 6 months? God Bless

Sam

sweetsamantha
9th July 2013, 04:20
Hi Sir Terpe if my husband get a new job do we need to wait 6 months before we apply our visa?

Thank you,
Sam