PDA

View Full Version : Back from a few days break

stevewool
1st July 2013, 21:09
Well what a nice few days break just me and Ems and the sunshine what could be better,
First stop was Fountains Abbey near Ripon, what a very pretty place to lose yourself for a few hours, we did the walking round the Abbey then along the river to the lakes then a welcome cup of tea at the cafe.
A walk back through the deer park and passing St Mary's church, what a beautiful church this is, the settings and the inside to me matched York Minster, the pictures will tell once my laptop is working,
From there we went to Northallerton to our hotel, well my daughters really but just as nice and we had to still pay for our dinner a nice takeaway shared between us all.
Next day we set off to Redcar, just because my grandson wanted I may say, not to my liking but he enjoyed it for a few hours, then onto Whitby, Beautiful place to see, been a few times but still a very pretty place, did the walk up the 199 steps and down again, had the fish and chips and ice cream too then the drive back,
Next day York , York Minster cost £10 each to enter I walked out before paying to get fresh air, I came over faint asking £10 to walk inside a church, so after dinner and a cup of tea we tried again to enter yes £10 still but after telling me we could visit as many times in 1 year it was not as bad as I thought. Anyway, lots of pictures taken inside and out and then it was time to leave.
Well tomorrow we are in derby trying to get the ball rolling for Ems British citizenship and shopping of course

Arthur Little
1st July 2013, 22:47
Well what a nice few days break just me and Ems and the sunshine what could be better,
First stop was Fountains Abbey near Ripon, what a very pretty place to lose yourself for a few hours, we did the walking round the Abbey then along the river to the lakes then a welcome cup of tea at the cafe.
A walk back through the deer park and passing St Mary's church, what a beautiful church this is, the settings and the inside to me matched York Minster, the pictures will tell once my laptop is working,
From there we went to Northallerton to our hotel, well my daughters really but just as nice and we had to still pay for our dinner a nice takeaway shared between us all.
Next day we set off to Redcar, just because my grandson wanted I may say, not to my liking but he enjoyed it for a few hours, then onto Whitby, Beautiful place to see, been a few times but still a very pretty place, did the walk up the 199 steps and down again, had the fish and chips and ice cream too then the drive back,
Next day York, York Minster cost £10 each to enter I walked out before paying to get fresh air, I came over faint asking £10 to walk inside a church, so after dinner and a cup of tea we tried again to enter yes £10 still, but after telling me we could visit as many times in 1 year it was not as bad as I thought. Anyway lots of pictures taken inside and out and then it was time to leave.
Well tomorrow we are in derby trying to get the ball rolling for Ems British citizenship and shopping of course

So, Ripon was nice then, Steve ... but entry to York Minster, a "rip~off", eh?

... :yeahthat:! Course ... :anerikke: ... I'm kuripot too ... when it comes to [unnecessary] admission charges like those.

Anyhow, glad a good time was had by all; thanks for sharing. :biggrin:

tiger31
2nd July 2013, 02:10
whitby is meant to have the best fish n chips in the whole country ,The problem was when I got there during my courier days it was after they were all closed dam I was gutted ah well maybe next time lol .so I just parked up at the harbour and got a few hours kip before I was on my way again :smile: