PDA

View Full Version : Siverstone F1 British Grand Prix

Terpe
30th June 2013, 13:03
Looks a great day at Silverstone, very warm and sunny.

The track is going to be much warmer that the previous couple of days.
As usual it's pretty windy, don't know how that will affect them, it's around 25 kmh

Lewis has chosen to start with the hard tyres..

C'mon Lewis, it's in your hands :Jump:

Silverstone is well known to him, it's a fast track and he has a great opportunity to control the race given a good start

Terpe
30th June 2013, 13:11
Breath of relief...... Lewis got a good start, (apart from the wheel spin).
Nico Rosberg not such a good one and lost out to Sebastian Vettel

Terpe
30th June 2013, 13:17
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze not

TYRE :furious3::furious3:

Terpe
30th June 2013, 13:28
2 further left rear (same as Lewis) tyres gone....................................

Strange, I wonder whats happening, if anything?

Michael Parnham
30th June 2013, 16:33
At least Lewis managed to finish the race in a good Points position, well done Lewis:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th June 2013, 16:51
Not the result we'd hoped for, but what an absolutely brilliant and nail-biting race ! :Jump:

KeithD
30th June 2013, 17:11
I think Pirelli need to start supplying puncture repair kits :cwm25:

grahamw48
30th June 2013, 17:26
True.

It was lucky nobody was killed ...having a blow-out at 190mph. :NoNo:

Somebody also needs to go out with a sanding disc and take the sharp edges off the back of those kerbs. Not exactly rocket science.

Terpe
1st July 2013, 07:06
Fascinating race, I enjoyed that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good day for Mercedes :Jump:

KeithD
1st July 2013, 08:42
Somebody also needs to go out with a sanding disc and take the sharp edges off the back of those kerbs. Not exactly rocket science.

Nothing wrong with the kerbs, the teams have agreed on that, and none of the other races on the track had any problems with them.

grahamw48
1st July 2013, 09:45
It's a bit early to decide on that I think.

One of the commentators, a vastly experienced F1 race engineer went out on track after the race and was able to point out the problem (or potential problem...if you prefer).

A raised (1") straight sharp edge on the back of the kerb is not helpful to safety, and can easily be rectified.

The inside edge of a tyre running along that is likely to get cut....especially if there is a weakness in that part of the sidewall of the tyre, as it appears MAY be possible with the Pirellis currently being used.

Four out of the 22 cars running those tyres and running over that kerb suffered blow-outs...all affecting the left-hand rear tyre wall.

None of the other classes of race cars use those tyres.

KeithD
1st July 2013, 10:00
An emergency meeting is planned with Pirelli for today. No meetings are planned with the track. The drivers have said its a problem with the tyres.

"None of the other classes of race cars use those tyres." - So that points to a problem with the tyres then! :doh :biggrin:

I think this link pretty much shows what the problem was... stupidity :crazy: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10151662/British-Grand-Prix-2013-Pirelli-were-asked-to-produce-low-life-tyres-which-have-become-potential-driver-killers.html

grahamw48
1st July 2013, 10:27
I agree.

It IS a problem with the tyres. They can't can't cope with damage from badly finished concrete kerbs. :biggrin: