PDA

View Full Version : TB certification

Francois
28th June 2013, 17:59
Hi,
My application for proposed civil partner visa was submitted last September 10, 2012. Received an email that it was processed on September 15, 2012. Unfortunately it was refused on October 25, 2012. So we filed for an appeal and was notified that they received the documents together with the appeal form on December 4,2012.

It was a successful appeal and I have submitted my passport and now it is on its way back to my address.

My concern now is about the tuberculosis testing. The UKBA site says, "applicants who complete an online application form and pay the online visa application fee before 28 February 2013 will not need to take a tuberculosis test." just want to clarify.

Does anyone here had their visa applications before Feb. 28 2013 and has flew to the UK after Feb. 28, 2013?

please share your ideas. thanks

Terpe
28th June 2013, 19:43
Hi there Francois, welcome aboard. :welcomex:

As you've seen, the latest UKBA requirement is to have a TB certificate as part of the visa application process.

Since you already have your visa there's no UKBA requirement for you to have one.

However, you may find the immigration officer at UK entry will ask you for an X-ray.
If you don't have you may be invited to have one at the airport. Depends on the airport.

Francois
29th June 2013, 05:18
Hi there Francois, welcome aboard. :welcomex:

As you've seen, the latest UKBA requirement is to have a TB certificate as part of the visa application process.

Since you already have your visa there's no UKBA requirement for you to have one.

However, you may find the immigration officer at UK entry will ask you for an X-ray.
If you don't have you may be invited to have one at the airport. Depends on the airport.

ok. thanks. so, anytime my visa arrives i can fly already without concerning about tb cerfication since if they ask it I can just have the x-ray taken at the airport. thanks again.