PDA

View Full Version : Nugroovz - British Filipino group in London

ginapeterb
17th November 2005, 20:40
Upcoming Event in London for the British Filipinos, asawa's OCW's Balikbayan's and freinds of above

Just to let everyone know there is a get together of the British-Filipino London group at the Porchester Hall, Bayswater road, West End of London on Saturday 19th November at around 8pm, the event is sponsored by distributors of The Filipino Channel and Quatar Airways, Nugroovs the best band in London (all Filipinos) is on for a gig.

Tickets are free and can be obtained from me, if you want to go, suggest anyone who wants to attend e mail me at petebennett@british-filipino.com and I will send you the details and loop tickets, the organizers just ask that we purchase some food whilst being there, there should be about 150 to 200 people, mainly OCW's some balikbayans and resident spouses of Brits, I will be attending with Gina and some of the London group who is known to us.

I will be taking some photos, if you cant attend, to let everyone see what took place, Nugroovs were featured at the Barrio Fiesta in Hounslow on the 16/17thJuly this year, and are a huge hit in London.

Hope this is of help

Pete

Admin
17th November 2005, 20:44
Typical, not down your end for 3 weeks :(

Pauldo
18th November 2005, 08:58
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 08:44 PM

Quoted post

And I'm out of the country until mid December :(

While we're on the subject, can anyone give me some info on this big Filipino shopping mall in London? I hear there is a huge one, with several other Filipino shops nearby.

I have to go down to 'the smoke' sometime over the xmas period( mid Dec to Mid Jan) to get a US visa, so was thinking of making a day out of it, and dropping the wife and little 'un and maybe a friend at the mall, while I go battle with the paranoid yanks in their armoured enclave. :o :unsure:

May even make an overnighter of it, if we can find a convenient hotel to both places. Any suggestions?

Admin
18th November 2005, 09:22
I was supposed to go to the US in Sept, but with NASA cancelling the shuttle & the visa hassle I put it off. May try again for Jan/Feb if NASA are lighting any expensive fireworks :)

ginapeterb
18th November 2005, 11:26
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 07:44 PM

Quoted post

I think we can assume then that Keith is definately not requiring tickets !!!!

Admin
18th November 2005, 11:45
Until I remember where I left the bloody TARDIS anyway :lol:

ginapeterb
19th November 2005, 12:50
Originally posted by admin@Nov 18 2005, 10:45 AM
Until I remember where I left the bloody TARDIS anyway :lol:

Quoted post

Well I dont know whats wrong with you lot, but Gina and I are bloody well going anyway, !!!! we leave to stay at our freinds the Filipino OCW's later today, we will have a great time at the Gig, and we will let you know how it went ?? have a nice day mga kaibigan !!

Paalam....

Petey and Giney

walesrob
19th November 2005, 14:24
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Nov 19 2005, 12:50 PM
Well I dont know whats wrong with you lot, but Gina and I are bloody well going anyway, !!!! we leave to stay at our freinds the Filipino OCW's later today, we will have a great time at the Gig, and we will let you know how it went ?? have a nice day mga kaibigan !!

Paalam....
Petey and Giney

Quoted post

Pete, Elsa and I would love to go, but London is like another country for us, and Elsa is working - we've gotta get some money from somewhere now that we've got Barclaycard to pay for after our long trip to paradise, but lets us know how it went...

Admin
19th November 2005, 21:26
London is in another country!!!! :unsure:

ginapeterb
21st November 2005, 09:08
Originally posted by walesrob@Nov 19 2005, 01:24 PM
Pete, Elsa and I would love to go, but London is like another country for us, and Elsa is working - we've gotta get some money from somewhere now that we've got Barclaycard to pay for after our long trip to paradise, but lets us know how it went...

Quoted post

Hi everyone, Rob thanks for the support, we would have loved to have you and Elsa down for the Gig, let me tell everyone a little about what happened, the Gig was actually in the evening, the event was the London Filipino UK Group and open to anyone from the UK, actually, people came from Leeds, Manchester, and other cities and their was a great day of general activities starting in the morning, mainly for families and children, we did see some Brits there with their wives, but mainly it was Filipino families, the even was sponsored by the Filiipino Channel, Quatar Airways, Charrito Travel, and other Filipino business in London, I appreciate for some of you, London is too far away, but most of the events tend to be in London, sorry folks, with the Filipino population there, its more central for most people.

We didnt arrive until around 7pm, but during the day there, had been variety things, like quizzes, treasure hunts, and the usual Filipino past times mainly for children, as there were so many there, then there was a general raffle, food, and San Miguels, which of course we availed ourselves off in large quantities.

The Gig started eventually at around 8.30pm, and lasted until around 12.00, Nugroovz the Filipino group came on, and entertained us quite well, our little group, consisted of myself Gina and UK Friends of ours, there girlfriends, and some OCW's, there was about 12 of us at a table, and we left at around 1am, the next morning, we all sat at a freinds house and ate a heart Filipino breakfast, although we demanded that our host run down to the supermarket, and get some good old bacon, eggs, and sausages, and a good time was had by all, in the afternoon, the guys went to see the Erotica 2005 event at Kensington Olympia, for the afternoon, (stop it Keith !!! I know you would have loved this) and then in the evening, we all ended up at Aroma Oriental Buffet in Shepherds Bush, at 10.00 a head, plus drinks, some of our freinds went up and had 9 courses, we all parted company at around 9pm last night, and it was hard to say goodbye, as some of us may not meet up again now until next year, I think there was one or two tears there, but people all live so far apart, the next plan, is to meet at the Barrio Fiesta again next year in 2006, thanks for listening everyone, a great weekend.

ginapeterb
21st November 2005, 09:11
I forgot to add in on the last post, as the guys decided to go to Erotica 2005, all the ladies went to Wimbledon to Center Court Shopping Centre and spent the afternoon shopping, spending their weekly allowances no doubt !, and then they got the tube to Shepherds Bush, and met up with the guys for the Oriental Buffet.

Oh well its Monday Morning off to work, I owe I owe, its off to work i go.....

Admin
21st November 2005, 09:41
stop it Keith !!! I know you would have loved this)
Waht do you think of me? :rolleyes:

Damn, missed the treasure hunt. I would have hid the treasure on the central reservation on the M1, the kids could have had hours of fun trying to get it :lol: