PDA

View Full Version : Flipflop homestays.

fred
26th June 2013, 01:29
This really is a great website for backpackers and adventurers that really want to experience the real Philippines staying with Filipino families in their nipa huts,barangay halls,tents,homes.
Seems the cost per night to the family is around 300.00 Pesos and an optional 100.00 PHP if you wish to eat with them,breakfast lunch and dinner!!
The website are building a portfolio of poor families living throughout the R.P that participate and I think this is a GREAT way to help them and provide a way for travelers to experience the Philippines from a genuine Filipino perspective.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://philippineshomestay.com/

fred
26th June 2013, 01:33
Homestay in Doljo,Panglao?

http://philippineshomestay.com/?reservation=idylic-beach&controller=dettails&rooms=22

Steve.r
26th June 2013, 04:53
I guess our new-build is out of the question then : Doh

jake
26th June 2013, 05:14
That's a good idea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hopefully they will include more areas in time as the Philippines is not just about nice beaches.

jake
26th June 2013, 06:27
Not so sure about the company name :cwm25:

Flip was a derogatory term used by the septic tanks during their time hear.

stevewool
26th June 2013, 06:37
the page has been booked marked, never know when you may need that place to stay

fred
26th June 2013, 09:39
Not so sure about the company name :cwm25:

Flip was a derogatory term used by the septic tanks during their time hear.

Yeah but as its a Filipino website then I cant see an issue with it..
A bit like when black rappers refer to each other as "niggers".

grahamw48
26th June 2013, 10:11
Very interesting site...thanks Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nearly within my budget too. :smile:

Interesting that AVG flagged up a warning for the site (Java threat, or something that I don't understand anyway).

Hopefully the families don't experience too many weirdos (or worse) occupying their homes with them. :cwm25:

jake
26th June 2013, 11:11
Yeah but as its a Filipino website then I cant see an issue with it..
A bit like when black rappers refer to each other as "niggers".

That's true.
Was thinking of one time at immigration in the 90's when 3 lashed up yanks kept taking the mickey out of the staff using that word. Immigration got the last laugh as they refused to extend their visa :icon_lol:

fred
26th June 2013, 11:51
Nearly within my budget too. :smile:

:icon_lol:

I aint sayin nothin!!

Hopefully the families don't experience too many weirdos (or worse) occupying their homes with them. :cwm25:

I wouldnt worry too much Graham.. If things ever did get out of hand then the poor Filipino family can always introduce to them an old Filipino Icon..
THE BOLO!!
I could tell you some stories..Some pretty recent!!

That's true.
Was thinking of one time at immigration in the 90's when 3 lashed up yanks kept taking the mickey out of the staff using that word. Immigration got the last laugh as they refused to extend their visa :icon_lol:

Its called,a quick education.. Short and (not) so sweet.
Don't mess with the locals.. Especially when they wear a badge!

Terpe
26th June 2013, 19:11
This really is a great website for backpackers and adventurers that really want to experience the real Philippines staying with Filipino families in their nipa huts,barangay halls,tents,homes.
Seems the cost per night to the family is around 300.00 Pesos and an optional 100.00 PHP if you wish to eat with them,breakfast lunch and dinner!!
The website are building a portfolio of poor families living throughout the R.P that participate and I think this is a GREAT way to help them and provide a way for travelers to experience the Philippines from a genuine Filipino perspective.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://philippineshomestay.com/

Top tip fred :Jump:
Thank you so much. This is a fantastic idea and right up our street :Jump::Jump: