PDA

View Full Version : 'Big Brother' Now Watching Out For Political Correctness

Arthur Little
23rd June 2013, 21:47
:cwm25: ... hundreds of outraged fans of the inane TV series have reacted angrily :furious3: after a housemate was issued with an official warning for [apparently] making "racist comments".

Television watchdog, Ofcom has so far received 270 complaints from viewers claiming contestant, Jemima Slade was "unfairly accused of racism" and the programme's producers unjustified in formally disciplining her for a casual remark she'd made during last Monday's episode of the Channel 5 reality show.

Seems the furore arose when the 41-year-old said:

"I do go for younger guys, generally.
"I prefer darker looking - not black, but darker features - more like Mediterranean".

:anerikke: ... SO what?

Yet, bosses informed Jemima her language was "racially unacceptable and potentially offensive".

:icon_rolleyes: ... WHAT "utter" (pun intended) poppycock! :cwm23:

grahamw48
23rd June 2013, 22:17
We have to pretend that everyone is the same colour now Arthur. :smile:

The world has truly gone mad. :NoNo:

les_taxi
23rd June 2013, 22:24
I would last about 10 secs on the show lol

Terpe
24th June 2013, 12:25
I'd have to agree with you there Arthur, can't see anything remotely racist in that comment.

Maybe somebody can explain :Erm:

Dedworth
24th June 2013, 13:06
Has anyone noticed the political correctness with the camera shots of the studio audience in The Apprentice You're Fired - they make a habit of lingering on a group of 3 or so female muslims with covered heads. I wonder if it's the same 3 attending the recording of each weeks episode ?

grahamw48
24th June 2013, 14:09
It's everywhere now Dedworth.

Adverts, news programmes, audiences, weather reports etc etc.

Everything has to reflect 'diversity' even if Caucasians still make up 80 or 90% of the population.

I mean clearly, with the relationships and family that most of US have, I wouldn't be that bothered. It's just the OBVIOUS manipulation and force-feeding that is annoying. :NoNo:

les_taxi
24th June 2013, 16:46
Sky news/sports i need say no more