PDA

View Full Version : Well done British Lions

Dedworth
22nd June 2013, 14:01
I'm not really a Rugby fan but it is always good to see the Australians beaten in any sport. I hope they give them a bigger mauling in the next game.

Australia 21 British and Irish Lions 23: North Star! Lions hang on for brave Brisbane victory in Test opener after wing wizard inspires Gatland's side

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2346363/Australia-21-British-Irish-Lions-23--match-report-George-North-scores-stunning-try.html#ixzz2Wwwo04WU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 14:12
Oh, great news ! :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm a Rugby fan...used to play Union for the school when I were a lad. :smile:

No time for that pansy Soccer game though. :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd June 2013, 16:19
Not a rugby fan but love to see those cocky Aussies lose in any sport. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd June 2013, 17:47
:icon_lol: ...I am neither a rugger NOR :xxsmilie_fussball: fan ... but, being Scottish, rejoice :Hellooo: to see :engflag: getting beaten in ANY sport!

:Bolt:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd June 2013, 17:55
:icon_lol: ... I am neither a rugger NOR :xxsmilie_fussball: fan ... but, being Scottish, rejoice :Hellooo: to see :engflag: getting beaten in ANY sport!

:Bolt:That's a good ole English name you've got there Arthur :biggrin::wink:

bigmarco
22nd June 2013, 18:10
Great start by the Lions just what they needed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd June 2013, 18:13
That's a good ole English name you've got there Arthur :biggrin::wink:

Ah ... :icon_rolleyes: ... you're so RIGHT; :anerikke: ... you've "got" me there, Jamie! :iagree:

les_taxi
22nd June 2013, 18:16
:icon_lol: ... I am neither a rugger NOR :xxsmilie_fussball: fan ... but, being Scottish, rejoice :Hellooo: to see :engflag: getting beaten in ANY sport!

:Bolt:

Well these days as a Scot you must be gutted coz we win at most sports bar football:Jump:

Arthur Little
22nd June 2013, 18:30
Great start by the *Lions just what they needed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat: ... they're NOT the sort of team to take defeat "*lyin' down"! :laugher:

Arthur Little
22nd June 2013, 18:54
Well these days as a Scot you must be gutted coz we win at most sports bar football:Jump:

:nono-1-1: ... on the contrary ... England triumphs :icon_win: at MOST sporting events its "line-ups" tackle - including soccer, Les.

Speaking as a Scot, it's inclined to make us a wee bit jealous. :biggrin:

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 18:58
With 10 times the population of Scotland to draw talent from (and nearly 3 times that of Australia), I would hope we DO sometimes win Arthur. :smile:

joebloggs
22nd June 2013, 19:04
Row over rude rugby advert
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Row_over_rude_rugby_advert

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/rude_ad__youtube.jpg

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 20:15
I'm not surprised. Very tacky. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
23rd June 2013, 20:25
With 10 times the population of Scotland to draw talent from (and nearly 3 times that of Australia), I would hope we DO sometimes win Arthur. :smile:

:gp:, Graham ... but then, how MANY of "our" players are actually British~born, nowadays??

grahamw48
23rd June 2013, 20:51
Difficult one Arthur. :Erm:

I'd have no problem with lots of cute Filipinas being imported to represent us at Gymnastics. :hubbahubba:

Terpe
24th June 2013, 12:01
Belated well done Lions, just the needed result :Jump:

I just happen to be watching TFC the other night and saw a special report on the rigorous training program of the Philippine National Rugby team. They are called Volcanoes.
To be fair, they looked pretty good for team who just started playing a few years ago

I wasn't even aware it's played over there. :Erm:
Live and learn eh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th June 2013, 14:22
There can't be too many lads that BIG in the Phils. :Erm:

Then again, who'd have thought basket ball would have been one of their favourite sports ? :Jump:

joebloggs
24th June 2013, 19:13
watch this video of the game :biggrin:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2013/jun/23/lions-australia-brick-by-brick-video