PDA

View Full Version : Alton Towers with Filipina's From The Forum

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 13:10
We have had a nice weekend full of laughs, screaming and giggles at ALTON TOWERS with Jona (jlags90), Yang (yanghwa) my husband Paul which was our chauffeur, tour guide and guardian in ONE and Me of course. We also had a Filipino Lunch at Jona's place in Halifax and had a chance to meet Ian (Iani) and his wife Krisha, Rhose and her husband Mike and Jona's husband David. Here are some photos we took.

LR: Krisha, Ian, Yanghwa, Novie, Paul, Rhose and Mike. Photo taken by Jay.

LR: Novie, Yang, Rhose, Krisha and Jay

Yang, Novie and Jay at Alton Tower's Blade

Back Row LR: Jay, Novie and Yang at RIPSAW

LR: Yang, Novie and Jay at Alton Tower's Hotel

LR: My husband Paul, Me in Blue, Jay and Yanghwa

Me and Jay at the Flume where in 1990 Lady Diana Spencer and her boys took a wet ride same as US! :)

Yang, Jay and Paul was having hotdog and chips for lunch near the ride RITA.

Jumpshot of my two good friends. Yang and Jay.

joebloggs
18th June 2013, 13:12
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
did you have to queue for long ?

grahamw48
18th June 2013, 13:46
Lovely pics. Sounds like you had a great time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My kids went there with the school. You're all braver than me. :icon_lol:

tiger31
18th June 2013, 15:12
been once and found it quite expensive

Dedworth
18th June 2013, 15:15
Good job you didn't go to Chessington & get stuck on their ride

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10123908/Forty-people-trapped-on-Chessington-rollercoaster-ride.html

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 16:42
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
did you have to queue for long ?

Paul, Yang and Jay queued for 2 hours in Smiler. I didnt go as I am very scared of heights but they manage to convinced me to go with them on Air. Nearly puked though! hahahahaha

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 16:43
Lovely pics. Sounds like you had a great time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My kids went there with the school. You're all braver than me. :icon_lol:

We had a great time. Tiring but worth doing. They are only the brave ones not me! hahahaha.

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 16:44
been once and found it quite expensive

Its around £46 per head on a Sunday but since we have a 2 for 1 voucher for yang and jay and free tickets for me and my husband from the Sun Newspaper, we manage to pay for one person only. :)

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 16:46
We just finished our day at the theme park and we just reached Alton Towers Hotel when we heard about the ride that got stucked in Chessington World. I heard they have got to call the fire brigade to help the people out of the ride. Very unfortunate. :NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
18th June 2013, 17:10
Beautiful pictures :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Husband and I tried one of those ''vertigo'' amusement ride, not in Alton but in London....I swear i am not doing it again after 10years :icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevewool
18th June 2013, 17:28
sounds like it went well, we live about 30 minutes from alton towers

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 18:41
Beautiful pictures :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Husband and I tried one of those ''vertigo'' amusement ride, not in Alton but in London....I swear i am not doing it again after 10years :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks Sars! I bet u swear ur life not to try it again. I nearly puke me self on Nemesis and Air. It feels like my intestines went to my head and down straight to me toes when they take you upside down. hahahahaha

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 18:42
sounds like it went well, we live about 30 minutes from alton towers

It did went well thanks Steve! Ive been to Westfield in Derby. I like the chinese food there in their food court. Were planning to see eachother again but for now we will save up first for the next trip! Yeeha! :Wave:

Terpe
18th June 2013, 18:45
Thanks for sharing the pics Novie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, seems a great time was had by all and plenty of foods too :hubbahubba:

Well done !!

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 19:06
Thanks for sharing the pics Novie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, seems a great time was had by all and plenty of foods too :hubbahubba:

Well done !!

Thanks Sir Peter! We had such a nice time. Hoping to meet up again soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2013, 19:12
Some good pics Novie. Thanks for sharing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 19:22
Some good pics Novie. Thanks for sharing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Jamie! My pleasure. Atleast now we have got ideas on what some of the members, their husbands and their wives look like. :icon_lol: xxx

han
18th June 2013, 20:03
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Nice pictures melovesengland! Bet you all had fun, isn't it nice to see Pinays hehe.
:cwm25: :cwm25: Been living here in Scottish Borders and seems that Pinays are nowt in here :icon_lol:

andy222
18th June 2013, 22:35
Looks like you had a great time there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 22:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Nice pictures melovesengland! Bet you all had fun, isn't it nice to see Pinays hehe.
:cwm25: :cwm25: Been living here in Scottish Borders and seems that Pinays are nowt in here :icon_lol:

thanks han! it is lovely to meet pinays indeed, you can speak your own language or dialect ang you can share thoughts, ideas and experiences as well as sharing stories.

its a break on english language and english larks. hehehe

melovesengland
18th June 2013, 22:53
Looks like you had a great time there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

we undeed had a great time andy thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

Iani
19th June 2013, 00:06
Memorable moment.......when the women disappeared to the other room, leaving the guys in the kitchen.....AND TOOK THE ALCOHOL WITH THEM.

We were all like.....cup of tea then is it? I'll stick the kettle on

Seriously it was brill too see u

melovesengland
19th June 2013, 09:51
Memorable moment.......when the women disappeared to the other room, leaving the guys in the kitchen.....AND TOOK THE ALCOHOL WITH THEM.

Seriously it was brill too see u

hahahahaha. it was then all gone by the time you came up and see us again. it was good meeting you. we had a nice time as well. forty thousand feathers on a thrush's throat. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

hi to krish from me! xxx

jlags90
20th June 2013, 15:01

Seriously it was brill too see u Thanks for making the tea Iani.:icon_lol:

melovesengland
21st June 2013, 12:23
Thanks for making the tea Iani.:icon_lol:

hahahahahaha. ohh yeah, cheers for that Iani. xx :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

tiger31
21st June 2013, 14:25
Its around £46 per head on a Sunday but since we have a 2 for 1 voucher for yang and jay and free tickets for me and my husband from the Sun Newspaper, we manage to pay for one person only. :)thats the only way I would go again if promo ,these parks need to lower their prices to bring in the people because its getting crazy .people with kids just don,t have the spare cash no more due to the cost of living.

melovesengland
21st June 2013, 15:27
thats the only way I would go again if promo ,these parks need to lower their prices to bring in the people because its getting crazy .people with kids just don,t have the spare cash no more due to the cost of living.

There were loads of people when we were there, loads of coaches and cars in the car park. They even queued for 2 hours in their new ride Smiler because it was packed with people. There are many coupons and vouchers around as well from Merlin Entertainments and sometimes they give free tickets through the newspapers.

But I must agree that the price per head is way up high but I think its worth it after a nice, fun, enjoyable day. :biggrin::biggrin:

Iani
21st June 2013, 15:45
Hrmph, I know my place...........teaboy