PDA

View Full Version : A snippet of Info

Gary
17th November 2005, 03:27
According to a site i was viewing You can sponsor your wife for work permit in Hong Kong and other similar regions....

Anyone from Phils can get work visa in HK if sponsored by an employer.

Visas are ussually granted.

Why there are differences world wide I can only wonder, but at least this bit adds to any info anyone needs.

Admin
17th November 2005, 10:46
We have a friend who has been in HK working for 3 years, and hates it compared to Singapore, but the money is much better.

walesrob
17th November 2005, 12:51
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 10:46 AM
We have a friend who has been in HK working for 3 years, and hates it compared to Singapore, but the money is much better.

Quoted post

Elsa was telling me about this...what is there to hate about HK? You&#39;ve got a modern efficent transport system thats cheap and reliable, you&#39;ve got plenty of shopping, places to eat, places to stay and you&#39;ve got beautiful countryside in New Territories and Lantau, plus some gorgeous sandy beaches all over the place. And everyone is friendly and speaka da English. Does Singapore have all that? <_<

Admin
17th November 2005, 13:09
Does Singapore have all that?
Yep and more, it&#39;s cleaner, you don&#39;t get hung for having a political view, and there airport isn&#39;t sinking :lol:

walesrob
17th November 2005, 13:24
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 01:09 PM
Yep and more, it&#39;s cleaner, you don&#39;t get hung for having a political view, and there airport isn&#39;t sinking :lol:

Quoted post

Ah your referring to the airport in Toyko where they built the airport in the middle of the bay. You&#39;ll find that Chep Lap Kok is built partly on reclaimed land and an existing island, like most of Hong Kong, and isn&#39;t sinking, and as for political views, democracy is alive and well. While we were over there, Chris Patten, the last Governer, was speaking at the local university and was quite openly having a go at China on HK TV. He stated quite confidentlay that he expects HK will be fully democratic from China in the next 20-30 years. The Chinese dare not mess with HK now as they know it works, and if it aint broke, dont fix it.

So come on Keith tell me more about glorious Singapore, I wanna go there one day... :lol:

Admin
17th November 2005, 15:47
Chep Lap Kok is sinking, but not as fast at the Japapnese one. You can find the engineer reports on Google. I&#39;ve always said it&#39;s best to demolish Manchester for a few extra runways :lol: :lol:

Pauldo
17th November 2005, 19:06
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 01:09 PM

Quoted post

I lived in Singers in the early nineties for a couple of years. grew to hate it eventually. Too many rules, and the people are so very &#39;asian&#39;. Most all of them have some overinflated idea of their self importance, drummed into them by the governments idea of a &#39;A Tropical City of Excellence in Asia&#39;, or whatever the catchy little ditty was back then.

After I left my job and started working offshore I returned a few times a year, and started liking itn again, but only in small doses.

It&#39;s too squeeky clean and souless, totally dedicated to making money, for me to develop any great love for the place. If I were well and truly rich, like REAL big bikkies, I could maybe see me having a house there, for visits, but not to live permanently.

As for having political views? No problem, as long as they are just the same as the governments. Unlimited arrest, without trial, for anybody thought to be plotting or preaching against the government. :huh: :unsure:

Admin
17th November 2005, 20:44
Maybe they should adopt our justice policies......close the prisons, and put them &#39;back in the community&#39;. You know, kiddie beasts to work in nurseries, racists to work in Bradford...........it&#39;d be just like home :lol:

Gary
18th November 2005, 01:32
Justice????...

What&#39;s that?

Pauldo
18th November 2005, 08:47
Originally posted by Gary@Nov 18 2005, 01:32 AM
Justice????...

What&#39;s that?

Quoted post

Justice in the UK nowadays means a good telling off and the threat: "if you do it again, well, you&#39;ll really be in trouble then sonny"

Or that&#39;s what it appears to be, if you read the papers occasionally. :( :o

Admin
18th November 2005, 09:25
Youth, pist & on drugs killed two old ladies in a hit & run accident. Banned from driving fro 18 months............another guy I know got caught fiddling his tax for a few grand a year and got 18 months in jail (done 4 on appeal)&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

So a few grand tax is worth more than two old ladies lives with a devasted family&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Good init?

Gary
19th November 2005, 04:46
it&#39;s things like this, or being a ten year old and having a copper for a father who allows you to steer the car home at night after he&#39;s had a few too many to drink, that really makes you wonder about life in UK...

At least in some Asian countries they have the death penalty for a few things...
Which makes me ask why they need to have armed guards in almost every department store/hotel/bank/street corner.....

Admin
19th November 2005, 10:12
.....they need to have armed guards in almost every department store/hotel/bank/street corner.....
We have them in our cities......just that it&#39;s not the police that are armed, it&#39;s the thugs.... :mellow:

Gary
20th November 2005, 04:46
and the funny thing is that most of these thugs are the police...