PDA

View Full Version : having a boat over in bohol

stevewool
14th June 2013, 19:48
can anyone explain why you dont see many or any rubber inflatables boat around the islands, and around Bohol there seems no sailboats at all,

Michael Parnham
14th June 2013, 20:25
Yes there are quite a few around Steve!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th June 2013, 20:38
can anyone explain why you dont see many or any rubber inflatables boat around the islands, and around Bohol there seems no sailboats at all,

To be honest there's not as many facilitites as you might imagine, given the number of islands.
Did you get a chance to see the Bohol Yacht Club, Tagbilaran City, Bohol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
14th June 2013, 20:44
I looked at getting a RIB for the dive shop but its always down to availability and local repair knowledge. They know how to make and fix bancas and even though they are a compromised design at least you can get them repaired. There's been a deflated RIB near Bohol Beach Club for about 3 years now :icon_lol:

stevewool
14th June 2013, 20:46
we did not see much of anything really Peter while in Bohol, after the motorbike trip to the chocolate hills with Ems and thats 4 hours on this bike Ems could not walk very far for the rest of the holiday just down to the beach and the restaurants, and i did say the motorbike and not me that did this:do_it:.
But this me all the time to see all of the island and many more places in the future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th June 2013, 20:48
I looked at getting a RIB for the dive shop but its always down to availability and local repair knowledge. They know how to make and fix bancas and even though they are a compromised design at least you can get them repaired. There's been a deflated RIB near Bohol Beach Club for about 3 years now :icon_lol:

i must admit there are some beautiful bancas around too

Terpe
14th June 2013, 20:51
we did not see much of anything really Peter while in Bohol, after the motorbike trip to the chocolate hills with Ems and thats 4 hours on this bike Ems could not walk very far for the rest of the holiday just down to the beach and the restaurants, and i did say the motorbike and not me that did this:do_it:.
But this me all the time to see all of the island and many more places in the future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You always make me smile :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 21:45
I took plans with me to build a hovercraft, back in the early 90s, but then got sidetracked with my rabbit farm. :smile:

Variety is the spice of life. :icon_lol:

Jamesey
14th June 2013, 22:13
A lot of the waters around the Philippines are very shallow, so a boat with a keel is impractical.

jake
15th June 2013, 03:12

Does any type of boat have to be registered in the Philippines? Or is just boats that are used for commercial purposes? Cheers.

Inflatable boat in the Philippines :cwm25:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQSScygUbA

jake
15th June 2013, 03:19
Plenty of inflatable boats for sale Steve.
As Boholox has said you may have problems trying to fix them.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/inflatable+boats

BoholoX
15th June 2013, 07:53
Certainly all commercial boats need to be registered with the government dept MARINA and have a yearly inspection. Getting a cert for a new boat/change of ownership for a secondhand one is one of the RPs typical bureaucractic pleasures.

jake
15th June 2013, 08:28
Certainly all commercial boats need to be registered with the government dept MARINA and have a yearly inspection. Getting a cert for a new boat/change of ownership for a secondhand one is one of the RPs typical bureaucractic pleasures.

Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3: Similar to a vehicle and not that difficult if you have a friend in that department :smile:

BoholoX
15th June 2013, 08:36
Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3: Similar to a vehicle and not that difficult if you have a friend in that department :smile:

Yup, just like LTO! There are certain requirements that haven't been fully enforced but will happen eventually e.g. VHF radios. The main office is in Cebu but you can submit the papers in Tag.

stevewool
15th June 2013, 08:50
what about a kayak a ocean going one do they have to be registered

fred
15th June 2013, 10:16

They can make one like below right on the beach out of marine ply and grey epoxy paint.
If it has an engine I would think it needs registering. If there is a couple of oars in it (and no engine) then probably not.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/LRIC2FPNL.jpg

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 10:54

I'll let you know when I arrive there in mine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
15th June 2013, 14:22
They can make one like below right on the beach out of marine ply and grey epoxy paint.
If it has an engine I would think it needs registering. If there is a couple of oars in it (and no engine) then probably not.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/LRIC2FPNL.jpg

That looks like a very special boat! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 14:49
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/5205/bancabuilding.jpg