PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Best burgers

Terpe
14th June 2013, 19:12
It may not be a barbecue summer as yet - but who needs an excuse to tuck into a juicy patty? Try one of these for size.....

1. Ultimate Steak Burgers

To describe your burgers as the "ultimate" is pretty bold. Of course, these won't compare to the triple-bun bacon cheese destroyer you guzzled in New York, but for a supermarket, these 95 per cent beef patties, simply seasoned with sea salt, are darn good.

£18 for eight, marksandspencer.com

2. Taste the Difference Lamb Burgers with Mint

Some minty lamb burgers can be a little too sharp, with the mint overpowering the meaty taste, but these chunky ones get the mixture just right. Be warned; they don't need as long as you think on a hot barbecue.

£3.29 for two, sainsburys.co.uk

3. Taste the Difference Beef Burgers with West Country Cheddar

Save yourself cutting a slice of cheese to put in your bap, with these delicious, if rather salty, burgers that are pre-mixed with West Country cheddar.

£3.29 for two, sainsburys.co.uk

4. Heston Lamb and Cucumber Burgers

From the man best known for culinary experiments, Heston Blumenthal has created a distinctly simple burger for his Waitrose range. Still, the combination is delicious, the cucumber adding a refreshing twist. And at least it's not stuffed with popping candy.

£3.49 for two, waitrose.com

5. Good Life Spicy Bean Quarter Pounder

Free of meat, dairy and egg and less than half the price of its meaty equivalents, this is one of the best veggieburgers around. Full of beans, literally, with tongue-tingling chilli seasoning, it is a healthy and delicious way to get your protein fix.

£1.99 for 4, ocado.com

6 . Scotch Steak Burgers

From the butcher that provides meat for the likes of Marco Pierre White and Nigella Lawson — who has been a customer for the past decade — these Scotch steak burgers really are a treat; 100 per cent beef, made from top of the rump and striploin, they truly are steak through and through.

£3.80 for two, allensofmayfair.co.uk

7. Luxury Beef Burgers

Forman & Field brings the finest products from small, independent producers around Britain. The price really does say luxury, but you won't be disappointed. They are freshly made with the highest quality Welsh beef, white onion and parsley.

£9.95 for two, formanandfield.com

8. Linda McCartney Mozzarella Quarter Pounders

If you want a vegetarian alternative that still has that dense, meaty texture, these quarter pounders should keep you chomping. The succulent soya-based patties are filled with rich mozzarella cheese and are just as good as the "real" thing.

£1.50 for two, tesco.com

9. Wilsons Texan Burger

If anyone's going to make you up a good burger, it's England's best independent butcher. These Texan-style 6oz patties are made with the finest cuts of lean chuck, mixed with a touch of chilli oil and freshly chopped green chillies.

£6 for four, wilsonsbutchers.co.uk

10. Purebred English Wagyu Burgers

Hailing from the UK's only supplier of purebred Wagyu beef, the cows that go into these meaty, amply-marbled patties rest on straw and are fed on maize to give a meaty, rich flavour.

£3.40 each, lidgates.com

Source:-
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-10-best-burgers-8658253.html

Terpe
14th June 2013, 19:13
My wife makes the most wonderful homemade beefburgers ever. IMO
Always a big wow at BBQ's

Still, there's some interesting stuff I might try there.

We always used to treat ourselves to Wagyu beef during our time in Japan. If you like beef, most definitely would recommend a taste of Wagyu steak.
Beware the price though.

Never had Wagyu burger. Just might push the boat out and try a few.

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 19:32
I like to make my own....especially since Tesco suddenly discontinued my favourite cheap beef quarterpounders, which were really nice and lean. :cwm3:

Dedworth
15th June 2013, 10:25
8 British Quarterpounders - reduced to £1.99 in our local CoOp yesterday, 6 went straight on the BBQ

les_taxi
15th June 2013, 10:28
If you want a vegetarian alternative that still has that dense, meaty texture, these quarter pounders should keep you chomping. The succulent soya-based patties are filled with rich mozzarella cheese and are just as good as the "real" thing.
Yea of course they are:icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2013, 22:28
8 British Quarterpounders - reduced to £1.99 in our local CoOp yesterday, 6 went straight on the BBQKnowing the CoOp they must have been out of date at that price.

gWaPito
16th June 2013, 01:54
I like to make my own....especially since Tesco suddenly discontinued my favourite cheap beef quarterpounders, which were really nice and lean. :cwm3:
And quick off the mark :biggrin:

Dedworth
16th June 2013, 16:12
Knowing the CoOp they must have been out of date at that price.

Bought 14th Use by 15th - the remaining two are smokin away now

grahamw48
16th June 2013, 20:30
And quick off the mark :biggrin:

Aye...galloped off the shelves. :xxgrinning--00xx3: