PDA

View Full Version : An interesting site for those considering retiring to the Phils

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 17:20
...or building a house there ?

Lots of detail here. :smile:

http://myphilippinelife.com/

Terpe
14th June 2013, 17:43
Yes, it is interesting and some good links :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've had this 'bookmarked' in my favourites for quite some time.

imagine
14th June 2013, 17:53
good one graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
14th June 2013, 19:21
Useful site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

His wife has an unfortunate name.

Carol Hammerslag.

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 19:28
ooops ! :icon_lol:

stevewool
14th June 2013, 19:37
thanks Graham, bookmarked for my leisure

imagine
14th June 2013, 19:41
Useful site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

His wife has an unfortunate name.

Carol Hammerslag.

anyone know her:biggrin::icon_lol:

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 19:48
thanks Graham, bookmarked for my leisure

Actually, I particularly had you in mind Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Sounds like you're the only one of us with money anyway. :icon_lol:).

stevewool
14th June 2013, 19:54
well again thankyou Graham, i try to find everything about our plans for the future in the phils, infact there is not a day goes by without mentioning something, Bohol seems to always come out on top,
Concerning the money part, i have a little but its not enough, but then again whats enough:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
14th June 2013, 20:09
Actually, I particularly had you in mind Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Sounds like you're the only one of us with money anyway. :icon_lol:).

well i might have the money if i can ever sell my house! I would love to retire there by my little step-daughter is becoming so established here she says she doesn't want to go and live back there. Mind you she is aware of the number of hours kids spend in school there compared to here!

stevewool
14th June 2013, 20:18
not going to sell the house here in england, its going to be rented to the family, a fair price that will go towards my pensions and what other saving i have, every little helps they say:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 21:18
well i might have the money if i can ever sell my house! I would love to retire there by my little step-daughter is becoming so established here she says she doesn't want to go and live back there. Mind you she is aware of the number of hours kids spend in school there compared to here!

I do understand your dilemma, having had experience of my kids spending time in both systems.

A very difficult situation that needs a lot of thought, and I'm afraid, maybe some self-sacrifice on your part.

Long holidays in the Phils might be for the best until she has finished her education.

fred
15th June 2013, 02:29
Thanks for the link Graham..
We will soon have a P.I construction thread here (of our own) to help give an idea of construction techniques,costs, practices and tips as the place gets built over the next 12 months..Or so.

fred
15th June 2013, 02:35

My kids were 8 and 10 when we came over to live.. They didn't really want to leave their school or friends either.. They have so many friends here now that I couldn't drag them away if I wanted too!!
Having read some of my daughter and sons old UK friends FB messages and the general language they use,I have had to tell her to remove them from her friends list.:mad:
Sounds like they have been infected with Chav culture.

gWaPito
15th June 2013, 03:05
anyone know her:biggrin::icon_lol:

I may know of a relation who's not a million miles away from my sofa.

gWaPito
15th June 2013, 03:10
not going to sell the house here in england, its going to be rented to the family, a fair price that will go towards my pensions and what other saving i have, every little helps they say:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Too right Steve. .best not to burn your only bridge back to blighty.

SimonH
15th June 2013, 05:32
Excellent find, and interesting reading :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
15th June 2013, 06:49
We will soon have a P.I construction thread here (of our own) to help give an idea of construction techniques,costs, practices and tips as the place gets built over the next 12 months.

Look forward to that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
15th June 2013, 07:43

The original plan was to sell our house downsizing to something we can use now but rent out when/if we go to the Philippines to live. That way we use the renal income to pay for trips to/from the Philippines. The "change" left over from the house sale we will use to get something in the Philippines and hopefully live off my pensions.

stevewool
15th June 2013, 08:54
We will soon have a P.I construction thread here (of our own) to help give an idea of construction techniques,costs, practices and tips as the place gets built over the next 12 months..Or so.

wow cant wait

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 11:18

Oh, looking forward to that Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 11:23
My kids were 8 and 10 when we came over to live.. They didn't really want to leave their school or friends either.. They have so many friends here now that I couldn't drag them away if I wanted too!!
Having read some of my daughter and sons old UK friends FB messages and the general language they use,I have had to tell her to remove them from her friends list.:mad:
Sounds like they have been infected with Chav culture.

I totally understand what you're saying there.

This (culture thing) is a huge consideration when you have responsibility for your kids' surroundings and influences, as well as their education and future prospects. Certainly something that greatly exercised my mind.