PDA

View Full Version : Has It Been 'Summer', Today?

Arthur Little
9th June 2013, 21:24
Really? :doh ... you could've fooled me!

tone
9th June 2013, 22:41
We got a bit of sun at 1pm and then by 6pm it was cold... such a shame really.

Its been a couple of years since I went anywhere so hopefully I'll be heading off somewhere warm next month!

Jamesey
9th June 2013, 22:49
It's been a lovely day down here in Somerset. In fact, the whole weekend has been glorious!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We've managed to make the most of it too, with a weekend full of fun, friends and getting outside. The only thing I didn't manage to do was mow the lawn! :Erm:

So it's back to work tomorrow for a rest! :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

grahamw48
10th June 2013, 00:51
Been lovely all week in York. :smile:

bigmarco
10th June 2013, 00:54
Got a wee bit burnt on Saturday at the Morden Barrio Fiesta. They were blessed with the weather.

joebloggs
10th June 2013, 05:21
over the last 2wks up norf it has been sunny everyday :sunshine:

Steve.r
10th June 2013, 06:04
Warm here too but a splash of rain cleared the air for a few hours. Warm today too :biggrin:

songz777
10th June 2013, 07:21
We have had 10 days of sunshine and rivers very low now here in South Devon..its the sunniest driest for over 2 years!!

Really a pleasure to walk outside in the evening & smell the scent of new mown grass!

:)

KeithD
10th June 2013, 08:49
Days of sun here in North Wales, and more today ... got loads of the garden done :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... my lad looks like a boiled lobster :icon_lol:

grahamw48
10th June 2013, 11:54
Warm here too but a splash of rain cleared the air for a few hours. Warm today too :biggrin:

Steve, why have you moved to a place with an unpronounceable name ? :ReadIt:

I think the nearest I can get to it is the sound of clearing my throat ? :Erm:

Arthur Little
10th June 2013, 12:28
over the last 2wks up norf it has been sunny everyday :sunshine:

:Kilt: ... NOT this far norf, Joe! :nono-1-1: ... at least it hasn't been over the past couple of days. :NoNo:

joebloggs
10th June 2013, 13:08
:Kilt: ... NOT this far norf, Joe! :nono-1-1: ... at least it hasn't been over the past couple of days. :NoNo:

spoke too soon, the clouds are back :NoNo:

Terpe
10th June 2013, 16:23
We've heard about everyones happy sunny days, but not here :bigcry:
Been a pretty cool weekend with some sunshine around 6pm. Not what we had been expecting.

Summer's still on the horizon though. :cwm24:

grahamw48
10th June 2013, 16:33
Forecast for this coming week is :censored:. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
10th June 2013, 20:01
Forecast for this coming week is :censored:. :cwm3:

:icon_rolleyes: ... so NO surprises there then, Graham.

grahamw48
10th June 2013, 21:19
Well, it was nice and sunny here this evening, so I did some gardening.

Then I had a look at the Scooter that my Filipina friend/relation left in my garage and asked me to sell.

Now I know virtually nothing about Scooters, but after having charged the little battery, the thing still would not start.

So, quick look over the unfamiliar mechanics etc, and I found something that I DO recognise. A little wire that was practically worn through and hanging off. (This is a 2011 model, not an old banger).

That was a quick fix, and soon I had her purring away. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th June 2013, 16:09
Well, it was nice and sunny here this evening, so I did some gardening.

Then I had a look at the Scooter that my Filipina friend/relation left in my garage and asked me to sell.

Now I know virtually nothing about Scooters, but after having charged the little battery, the thing still would not start.

So, quick look over the unfamiliar mechanics etc, and I found something that I DO recognise. A little wire that was practically worn through and hanging off. (This is a 2011 model, not an old banger).

That was a quick fix, and soon I had her purring away. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ooh, what scooter is it Graham ?

sars_notd_virus
11th June 2013, 16:43
Has It Been 'Summer', Today?

Last Weekend has been very nice but not today.... wet ,wind , no sun still warm at 10degrees.

Arthur Little
11th June 2013, 17:42
Ooh, what scooter is it Graham ?

Alas, he hasn't said :nono-1-1: ... but now that that "little wire" - the one he'd mentioned was practically "worn through and hanging off" :cwm24: - has been fixed, I'm sure that, come September, he'll have his very own 'Mercedes' "purring contentedly" too. :wink:

Terpe
11th June 2013, 20:37
Many years ago I went through a period of owning a number a scooters.
Started off with a 125 Vespa. It was green, shiny and beautiful. Well until my accident on a frosty morning.
I had two further wonderful Vespa's and a Lambretta.
Alway preferred the Vespa's despite much ribbing from my mates.

At the same time I was also running some quite big bikes. But had to be careful who knew :cwm24:

I'd like a scooter

Michael Parnham
11th June 2013, 20:53
Been very warm and sunny here for a couple of weeks:sunshine:, dying for some rain now:raining:

KeithD
12th June 2013, 08:05
The weathers been so nice here I've finished all the grass planting ...... that'll be the turf kind... just thought I'd make that clear :biggrin:

Steve.r
12th June 2013, 08:36
Steve, why have you moved to a place with an unpronounceable name ? :ReadIt:

I think the nearest I can get to it is the sound of clearing my throat ? :Erm:

Sorry Graham, I was in fact clearing my throat and mis-typed :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
12th June 2013, 10:54
The weathers been so nice here I've finished all the grass planting ...... that'll be the turf kind ... just thought I'd make that clear :biggrin:

'salright ... there's no need for you to feel you have to justify yourself. :nono-1-1: ... WE already know you're a "Turf Accountant"! :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
12th June 2013, 11:00
Beautiful day again, still no rain yet!:sunshine:

Moy
12th June 2013, 13:01
:bigcry: awful in Southwest today :cwm25: :thumbsdown:

Arthur Little
12th June 2013, 13:24
:bigcry: awful in Southwest today :cwm25: :thumbsdown:

:anerikke: ... conversely ... it's got a bit brighter up here in Scotland
- within the past couple of hours ... some :sunshine: ...

... BUT, I'd prefer not to hold my breath! :action-smiley-082:

Moy
12th June 2013, 13:40

think we're on opposite direction Arthur reverse weather too lols :Cuckoo::Brick::xxaction-smiley-047:biggrin:

jake
12th June 2013, 14:46
'salright ... there's no need for you to feel you have to justify yourself. :nono-1-1: ... WE already know you're a "Turf Accountant"! :icon_lol:

:laugher:

Michael Parnham
12th June 2013, 15:08

Don't hold your breath Arthur, we need you to stay with us a few more years yet!:Kilt:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2013, 12:24
I'm seriously thinking of putting the heating on its that cold. Got a jumper on too. Middle of the day in the middle of June, what a joke. :mad:

Arthur Little
15th June 2013, 20:21
I'm seriously thinking of putting the heating on its that cold. Got a jumper on too. Middle of the day in the middle of June, what a joke. :mad:

Deplorable, Jamie ... :iagree:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2013, 22:05
Deplorable, Jamie ... :iagree:Its 10pm now and its far warmer now then it was at lunchtime. :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2013, 22:07
Just remembered.

I had the cooker on earlier. :icon_lol:

Moy
15th June 2013, 22:07
wearing my thermal shirt today:biggrin::wink::anerikke:

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 22:21
I'm sweating.

Just marched up to Tesco, and back again with some nice heavy bags.

Lots of bargains tonight ! :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2013, 22:25
I'm sweating.

Just marched up to Tesco, and back again with some nice heavy bags.

Lots of bargains tonight ! :biggrin:Tesco's do bargains do they?:Erm: Thought they were far too tight :wink:

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 22:45
I only buy their bargains.

Tray of fruit salad 10p, big mixed salads 15p, 6 brown bread rolls 25p, ready meal 40p, 1lb sausages 30p... 2 kilos of spuds 50p, that sort of thing, on the reduced shelves. :smile:

Michael Parnham
15th June 2013, 22:54
All supermarkets sell lots of stuff off cheap after 8pm, also had two days of heavy rain up until yesterday but today very nice and sunny all day. Glad we had the rain though because the garden vas dying for a drink!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th June 2013, 10:25
Hope summer comes soon.
I need the sun on my face to brighten me up :olddude:

Michael Parnham
16th June 2013, 11:09
Its nice and sunny here today:sunshine:

Terpe
16th June 2013, 11:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXatLOWjr-k&feature=player_detailpage