PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa Questions.

drknot
9th September 2007, 17:23
Hi all, I hoping to bring my fiancee over to the UK from the Philippines and have found this forum to be most informative, but I was wondering if anyone can help with some questions that I haven't seen answered. (but I haven't gone through every thread yet)

I met my fiancee in May 2006, and we proceeded to spend the rest of last year and until Feb this year travelling around asia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, China and of course the Phillippines.

I have since returned to the UK where we have kept in regular touch (twice a day at least) and I have returned to work to start saving up for visa's etc.

The application for the initial 6 month visa, would it help the process if I was there in Manila and is it possible to book an appointment (obviously I'd like to book an appointment as early as possible in my stay.) Is the application made to the British Embassy or to an agency. Lots more things to think of, as I find out more, there is more to find out!

Thanks in advance for help on this.

KeithD
9th September 2007, 20:56
You don't need to be there.....she probaby won't even need an interview if you take note of all the advice on here.......application to the British Embassy Manila.

walesrob
9th September 2007, 23:22
You don't need to be there.....she probaby won't even need an interview if you take note of all the advice on here.......application to the British Embassy Manila.

" From Thursday 31st May 2007, all persons applying for UK visas must lodge applications through the British Embassy's commercial partner, VFS Global Ltd at the new UK Visa Application Centre (UKVAC) Phil. AXA Building 25th Floor,- 1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Cor. Tindalo St. Makati City. All visa applicants, irrespective of nationality, will have to apply in person to the UKVAC and have their fingerscans and digital photograph taken.
Please refer to the Visa Section page"

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1025869670230