PDA

View Full Version : 'SKINT' - Channel 4

grahamw48
3rd June 2013, 21:54
What a wonderful TV programme....about our 'less fortunate' citizens, struggling to survive on their meagre benefits. :cwm25:

Dedworth
3rd June 2013, 22:01
I read a write up over the weekend but realised I didn't have enough sick bags to be able to watch it

grahamw48
3rd June 2013, 22:13
It's funny Dedworth. Put +1 on. :biggrin:

Jamesey
3rd June 2013, 22:26
I started watching it by accident and ended up watching the whole thing.

In my opinion, it was extremely thought provoking and I felt myself going through all sorts of emotions, from pity to disgust and anger.

I felt most sorry for the young children who are being brought with no positive role models. Somehow the cycle needs to be broken, but doing that is easier said than done! Education is a good place to start, but the kids won't be taught the value of it.

Also, the programme highlighted how many problems have drugs as the root cause. Surely there needs to be a fundamental change in how this issue is dealt with.

The thing that made me most angry was the guy trying to justify his new 46in 3D TV, saying that he "couldn't afford" a cheaper one and that he was the one who was paying for it. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

grahamw48
3rd June 2013, 22:42
I think sterilisation might be a good start...or at the very least minimum standards of behaviour expected from prospective parents.

What on earth can we expect from kids who are permitted to grow up in such an environment 'cared' for by such inadequates ? :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
4th June 2013, 20:20
Just checking to see if its on CatchUp TV on VM. Something to watch tonight.

Ako Si Jamie
4th June 2013, 20:22
Pah. Need a pin number and it's on for 2 hours.

stevewool
4th June 2013, 20:23
i wont bother watching it, i think it shall make me angry

grahamw48
4th June 2013, 20:32
Basically, real-life 'Shameless' . :smile:

I normally get mad at such programmes, but I was laughing at this one a lot of the time, in a sort of incredulous way. :Erm:

Oh, and it's based in Scumthorpe...a town I know very well.

fred
5th June 2013, 03:52
I`ll say this..There was certainly some characters on the first "skint".:biggrin:
One of them (Vernon Burgess)...what a story he had to tell.
Mistakenly arrested for murder and slung in a mental hospital for 3 months!!
After release he was really only fit to sell The big issue.

grahamw48
5th June 2013, 09:46
Was that the window cleaner Heroin-addict bloke ? :Erm:

andy222
5th June 2013, 10:59
A great advertisement for this country.:doh

fred
5th June 2013, 11:29
Was that the window cleaner Heroin-addict bloke ? :Erm:

No..I think you are thinking of the new Chn4 series,, The original was BBC.

melovesengland
5th June 2013, 12:16
They dont know what SKINT really means. I have been watching the series for couple of weeks now and it just disgust me. SKINT they said but they can afford to buy DRUGS for £90 a day, smart phones and laptops, and a 3D smart telly. Unbelievable! They said there are no jobs at all but who would ever go looking for a job if they can get money without doing anything. Jobs are always there its just people dont want the job and are not motivated to do the job. It didnt took me long to find one anyway.

Its just they are very fortunate that the govt showers them with money from the tax payers that works all ay and night to pay for their duties. If they can only experience what SKINT really means by moving to the third world countries then that might open their eyes to real world.

melovesengland
5th June 2013, 12:18
I think hes on tablets they call and drinking as well. He came home so drunk didnt know where he left their son. :NoNo:

grahamw48
5th June 2013, 15:18
They dont know what SKINT really means. I have been watching the series for couple of weeks now and it just disgust me. SKINT they said but they can afford to buy DRUGS for £90 a day, smart phones and laptops, and a 3D smart telly. Unbelievable! They said there are no jobs at all but who would ever go looking for a job if they can get money without doing anything. Jobs are always there its just people dont want the job and are not motivated to do the job. It didnt took me long to find one anyway.

Its just they are very fortunate that the govt showers them with money from the tax payers that works all ay and night to pay for their duties. If they can only experience what SKINT really means by moving to the third world countries then that might open their eyes to real world.

Absolutely right !

They're mostly idle wasters who need a damned good kick up the backside and MADE to work, as well as keeping their FREE accommodation (paid for by you and I) in a decent state.

Any physically fit person in this country has NO excuse not to be working !

I have enormous admiration and sympathy for so many of those living in poverty in the Phils, purely by accident of birth.

grahamw48
5th June 2013, 15:21
I think hes on tablets they call and drinking as well. He came home so drunk didnt know where he left their son. :NoNo:

That man should not be allowed anywhere near young children...and certainly not allowed to make any more. :NoNo:

Terpe
6th June 2013, 10:09
I watched it on catch-up and it really wound me up :censored: