PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeper required

lottiesdad
3rd June 2013, 08:28
Friends of mine,both very busy professional people,are looking for a Filipino housekeeper to help run their home in a small town some 20 miles south of London.
Where is the best place to advertise such a position?

bigmarco
3rd June 2013, 10:21
Gumtree. People don't tend to advertise for a Filipina because there are laws against such advertising, but the way round it seems to be asking for a Tagalog speaking Housekeeper.

Steve.r
3rd June 2013, 11:18
Wow!! they must be busy if a friend has to try to find their home helpers :doh

Terpe
3rd June 2013, 12:24
Why is the job limited only to Filipino ??

Is a Filipino language spoken in the household ??

I have a big doubt about this post.

bigmarco
3rd June 2013, 12:38
Why is the job limited only to Filipino ??

Is a Filipino language spoken in the household ??

I have a big doubt about this post.

Filipina Nannies/ Housekeepers are extremely popular in London because of their work ethic and their honesty.
However I see your point about the post particularly as it's the OP's first post.

Steve.r
3rd June 2013, 12:54
We get these ones now and again, they try it on offering the world, thinking that these 'rich' city folk can get their servant from the Philippines for pennies, thinking that they are gullible...... :cwm23:

bigmarco
3rd June 2013, 13:14
I know what your saying Steve. They come unstuck in London though because the Filipinas are quick to find out their true worth. There's plenty of them and they all talk to each other so they know the going rate. My wife's starting a new job on 1st July for the same money she's on at the moment but 11 hours less per week. She's delighted.
One note of caution is I always take her to interviews just to be on the safe side.

Steve.r
3rd June 2013, 14:20
That's good Marco. Pleased for her.

But i think the problem is that by making posts like the OP did, it looks like they are after cheap labour. Also there are so many scammers out there like we have seen on this forum before that offer jobs to people in the Philippines, who subsequently get conned. This is why we are very wary of posters like this and why we normally remove posts like this.

grahamw48
3rd June 2013, 15:47
I have 2 spare bedrooms :Erm:...just saying. :biggrin:

lottiesdad
4th June 2013, 09:26
What a terrible way to welcome new people to your site.
I am well aware my post might seem to some as odd or suspicious to some people.As I said,my friends are very busy people.I deal with all their property related matters,hence they asked me to help them.
That said this is clearly not the site I was hoping it would be,and I will not come back.

ADMIN Please delete my account.Thank you.

grahamw48
4th June 2013, 09:37
Welcome you ?

You place an 'advert', without even a hello, a please or a thankyou ?

:NoNo:

Terpe
4th June 2013, 09:47
What a terrible way to welcome new people to your site.
I am well aware my post might seem to some as odd or suspicious to some people.As I said,my friends are very busy people.I deal with all their property related matters,hence they asked me to help them.
That said this is clearly not the site I was hoping it would be,and I will not come back.

ADMIN Please delete my account.Thank you.

Well mister, you've got some real thin skin there.
This is cyberspace. Don't let your pride think there was a targeted attack on you.
Take a step back and consider how you approached your introduction and first post.
As you intimated, you're only here to seek potential employees. On that basis this is clearly not a site for you.

Goodbye

bigmarco
4th June 2013, 09:48
I am well aware my post might seem to some as odd or suspicious to some people.

Says it all really :NoNo:
Goodbye.

Steve.r
4th June 2013, 11:26
:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave: so long friend

Iani
4th June 2013, 12:42
Thou protesteth too much

Pete/London
4th June 2013, 15:06
In answer to the question, The Lady magazine is a good place for both employers and employees.

fred
4th June 2013, 16:19
Im not going to come across as being popular for this I know...
But..I think we didn't really give the OP a chance to
answer the queries before we berated them with such rudness..
Im not sure its a good idea to label these kinds of posts as anything but a job opportunity for a Filipino looking for work in the UK.. I'm pretty sure that a comprehensive interview would be required before any job offers were made or accepted..
Sometimes we forget that these types of post are made by people on behalf of others that do not use forums that often or at all...Perhaps the OP was just trying to do someone a favour and didn't look beyond that..
Anyway.. Thats what I think!!

grahamw48
4th June 2013, 16:50
I was polite. :smile:

fred
4th June 2013, 16:56
I was polite. :smile:

Of course... As always!!

bigmarco
20th June 2013, 23:03
Not a good idea to put someones mobile number on a public forum :NoNo:

marksroomspain
20th June 2013, 23:21
The local press obviously.

Ako Si Jamie
20th June 2013, 23:37
We get these ones now and again, they try it on offering the world, thinking that these 'rich' city folk can get their servant from the Philippines for pennies, thinking that they are gullible...... :cwm23:My thoughts exactly Steve.

These kind of posts stick out like a sore thumb.