PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget the Bario Fiesta at Ripon tomorrow !

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 10:46
Check the Events forum. :smile:

Weather forecast is good, for those wondering whether to travel or not, and from what I know personally of the venue, there should be loads of easy parking and good facilities.

It's just on the outskirts of what is a very pretty little town (officially a city, because of the Cathedral).

Anyway, this is just a reminder, so I'll leave it at that.

gWaPito
31st May 2013, 12:32
The weather forecast is good Graham. .If it weren't so far away and I wasn't working, I'd be there like a shot.

Have a great you guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
31st May 2013, 12:32
The weather forecast is good Graham. .If it weren't so far away and I wasn't working, I'd be there like a shot.

Have a great you guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 14:31
Cheers mate...sorry you can't go.

If anyone sees a scruffy old bloke hitching, stop please....it means I've missed the Jeepney. :olddude:

Dedworth
31st May 2013, 14:58
Hope all going have a great time and the weather keeps fine. Might do Morden next week Mrs D's duty rota permitting if not will be the main London (now Surrey) one in July

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 15:03
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shame that Dedworth...think of the cracking (moaning) conversation we could have had. :icon_lol:

Terpe
31st May 2013, 20:02
Looks like my wife is working the afternoon shift tomorrow, so that's another planned event we'll miss.

Oddly enough, because she has now been agreed as full time, the future sudden additional relief working will become less.
We're hoping for some free weekends to come this summer. Anyone looking for guests? naturally I'll bring my own beer :biggrin:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 20:11
Hmm....could take some of the junk out of my garage, unless you'd prefer to sleep inside the actual house ? :Erm:

Got a good sleeping bag I can lend you...never been used. :biggrin:

We also have a few tourist attractions in this crumbling old town of ours.

Terpe
31st May 2013, 20:22
Hmm....could take some of the junk out of my garage, unless you'd prefer to sleep inside the actual house ? :Erm:

Got a good sleeping bag I can lend you...never been used. :biggrin:

We also have a few tourist attractions in this crumbling old town of ours.

:laugher::laugher:

Nice offer Graham. Doubt I could afford it :biggrin:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 20:27
You haven't even seen the price list yet ! :ReadIt:

Terpe
31st May 2013, 20:28
You haven't even seen the price list yet ! :ReadIt:

You're a Yorkshire man right :Help1:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 20:42
Anytime you're near York, PM me and I'll give you my phone number Peter, even if you'd just like to pop in for a coffee and leave your car parked safely on my drive. I'm only a 15 minute walk from the centre, or 5 mins on the bus. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
31st May 2013, 21:08
Anytime you're near York, PM me and I'll give you my phone number Peter, even if you'd just like to pop in for a coffee and leave your car parked safely on my drive. I'm only a 15 minute walk from the centre, or 5 mins on the bus. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll take you up on that Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:
York is one of my favourite places.
(well it would be as I'm a Railway Fan and Engineer of 35 years)
There's also a lot of other fantastic places to visit in York.

Hopefully my wife will be getting many more 'work-free' weekends from now on.

Hmmm. Not sure if that's such a good thing :Erm:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 22:04
No probs...look forward to seeing you both sometime. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My son will be home later this summer too. :smile:

Michael Parnham
31st May 2013, 22:22
Looks like my wife is working the afternoon shift tomorrow, so that's another planned event we'll miss.

Oddly enough, because she has now been agreed as full time, the future sudden additional relief working will become less.
We're hoping for some free weekends to come this summer. Anyone looking for guests? naturally I'll bring my own beer :biggrin:

Sorry you won't be at Ripon Peter, would loved to have met you, maybe if you are in striking distance of south Yorkshire sometime soon we may meet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 22:45
I have selected my red baseball cap for tomorrow....for ID purposes...no bumbag. :biggrin:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2605/mewithcap.jpg

Was going to make up a little name badge, but decided I'd look a right :censored: :icon_lol:

Iani
1st June 2013, 07:01
Hrmph I was once at one of those teambuilding events, and we had to make/wear name badges.
Richard Cranium here forgot to take his off in the pub later and all that evening. I looked a right :doh
Mind you, to this day I'm not sure how I made it back to the hostel. Think I was carried part of the way.

But back to the Ripon event, we'll be there

MissAna
1st June 2013, 07:02
i'm working double shift tomorrow and i forgot to request a leave on that day :doh. i think both of my co-workers and other pinay friends in barnstaple will be there :bigcry:

Terpe
1st June 2013, 08:15
Sorry you won't be at Ripon Peter, would loved to have met you, maybe if you are in striking distance of south Yorkshire sometime soon we may meet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I look forward to that Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We are hoping for some weekends together this year.
My wife was meant to be on the afternoon shift today.........she's already been called in as I type this :doh
That's another Saturday on my own :bigcry:

stevewool
1st June 2013, 10:10
I look forward to that Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We are hoping for some weekends together this year.
My wife was meant to be on the afternoon shift today.........she's already been called in as I type this :doh
That's another Saturday on my own :bigcry:

snap:smile:

BoholoX
1st June 2013, 10:29
We hope everybody has a great day, made it to York last year but alas cannot make Ripon.

rusty
1st June 2013, 12:06
were are here now, sunny and very busy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
1st June 2013, 13:40

Have a great time rusty, wish I could have made it too.
The weather forecast says perfect :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Drewturner
1st June 2013, 15:10
Just got home, had a great day and also tried lechon for the first time!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 19:59

Yes, a lovely afternoon with some great food and entertainment.

Nice to meet you Rusty. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 20:01
Just got home, had a great day and also tried lechon for the first time!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Was it this one, before it was reduced to a skeleton ? :icon_lol:

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/3158/riponbariofiesta2013pic.jpg

Terpe
1st June 2013, 20:05
Lechon £5 per plate :yikes:

And squid balls 4 for £2 (didn't know they had any:biggrin: )

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 20:26
It was so refreshing to see so many happy smiling faces. Just wonderful...except I felt a little down, not having MY loved ones with me. :bigcry:

Anyway, I've posted some short videos and a few pictures on a separate thread. :smile:

Fantastic choice of venue, and really well organised, so kudos to those who put in all the hard work. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
1st June 2013, 21:21
Yes, a lovely afternoon with some great food and entertainment.

Nice to meet you Rusty. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nice to meet you also, Graham. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we had a great time meeting friends and eating overpriced filipino food.

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 21:28
Haha. I did buy a couple of things, but of course had my packup with me too. :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
1st June 2013, 22:24
Enjoyed Ripon today, not been to a Barrio Fiesta for over 20years and that was at Romney Marsh, had a shock when I saw how many people where there. Unfortunately didn't see Graham but kept looking, never mind Graham better luck next time! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
1st June 2013, 22:32
Well I hope some of you took pics for us all to see? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Drewturner
1st June 2013, 22:36
Was it this one, before it was reduced to a skeleton ? :icon_lol:

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/3158/riponbariofiesta2013pic.jpg

That's the one Graham! I have a similar picture just a different angle and with more meat on :biggrin:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 22:43
Enjoyed Ripon today, not been to a Barrio Fiesta for over 20years and that was at Romney Marsh, had a shock when I saw how many people where there. Unfortunately didn't see Graham but kept looking, never mind Graham better luck next time!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not to worry mate.....there were thousands of people ! :cwm24:

Glad you enjoyed it Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 22:47
That's the one Graham! I have a similar picture just a different angle and with more meat on :biggrin:

My camera is an hour slow anyway. ONE of these days I'll re-set it. :icon_rolleyes:

Marvellous selection of fresh-cooked food though. :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
2nd June 2013, 00:44
Enjoyed Ripon today, not been to a Barrio Fiesta for over 20years and that was at Romney Marsh, had a shock when I saw how many people where there. Unfortunately didn't see Graham but kept looking, never mind Graham better luck next time! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Only Barrio Fiesta I've been to was held indoors at Glasgow's Kelvin Hall in August 2009.

Glad you enjoyed the one at Ripon today, Michael. Pity you missed Graham, though! :cwm24: ... [I] wasn't he wearing his red baseball cap as planned?

Arthur Little
2nd June 2013, 00:56
Pity you missed Graham, though! :cwm24: ... wasn't he wearing his red baseball cap as planned?

Well, Graham ... WERE you? :Erm: You said you would be ... didn't you? :smile:

Arthur Little
2nd June 2013, 01:12
Marvellous selection of fresh-cooked food though. :hubbahubba:

That's good! Great also, you met Rusty. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So, all in all, 'Ripon' ... rather than a "rip-off", eh? :icon_lol:

grahamw48
2nd June 2013, 10:41
Yes Arthur, I WAS wearing my special red baseball cap. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe it was the hotpants and fishnet tights that confused people. :Erm: