PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the UK for a holiday, when here from Philippines on a tourist visa?

HumanAfterAll
29th May 2013, 16:06
My girlfriend from Philippines is planning on visiting me later this year on a 6 month tourist visa. :smile:

I was wondering if we could take a holiday in that time, either through a tourist agency or independently.
Does the 6 month UK tourist visa allow multiple entries to the UK?

I liked the idea of a cruise, which would be booked through an agency and I travel often to Morocco where I believe a visa isn't required for Filipinos.

I would appreciate any advice from others who have done this, or looked into it.

Thank you. :smile:

Terpe
29th May 2013, 16:45
Normally the visitor visa allows the holder to enter and leave the UK as many times as they'd like during the validity of the visitor visa.
The ECO would need a compelling reason to limit a visit visa to single entry and additionally would need to seek approval for such limitation from the ECM.
If you take a look at the application form you'll see that visit visas can be applied for on the validity basis of, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or 10 years. Regardless of duration of validity though, the holder cannot stay in the UK longer than 6 months per visit.

There are a number of destinations where holders of Philippine passports are not required to hold an entry visa.
Here is a useful resource showing the Visa requirements for Filipino citizens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Filipino_citizens) worldwide on a single page.

Here's another very good resource for visa information. (http://www.visahq.com/visas.php) and it can be used for citizens of all countries.

Just input to the drop-down menu's

Don't forget that if you're planning to visit the EU you'll first need to secure a schenghen visa. This will need to be applied for from within the Philippines as it will not be issued from within UK to anyone with less than a 6 months visa.

Hope that helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:

HumanAfterAll
29th May 2013, 17:04
Excellent, thank you Terpe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'll take a browse through the links.

If I find anything out in regard to the cruises then I'll post back here.
I was planning on an eastern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico, I think as long as travel is in transit, it's fine.