PDA

View Full Version : editing mp3 tracks

imagine
26th May 2013, 16:00
i have a tape casette to mp3 player convertor, the program that comes with it is supposed to detect the silence between each track , so if there is 10 tracks on one side of the tape it will or should split to 10 seperate mp3 files,

the program is not so good at detecting the silence between tracks , so this means manualy recording 1 track at a time which is a long pain in the butt,

i could record and convert the full 10 tracks into 1 mp3 file and if i had a suitable prorgram , cut the tracks into the 10 seperate files,which i think would be easier and less time consuming, i have a lot of cassettes to do

does anyone know of a good easy to use and free, program that will do this?:Help1:

keith britten
31st May 2013, 05:08
Hi, Not sure if this will help you but I've done a lot of editing with this free programme. WavePad - NCH Software

imagine
31st May 2013, 10:03
Hi, Not sure if this will help you but I've done a lot of editing with this free programme. WavePad - NCH Software

thanks Keith , this looks like what im needing,

im finding now that with a bit of tweeking the software that came with the player, is now detecting but not perfect, i get odd bundles of 3 or 4 tracks , the rest singles, so i still can make use of your suggested wave pad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 10:31
Good morning Stewart. :smile:

The other day I transferred an old tape I have of my son and I talking, when he was 6 years old...the only such record that I now have (the ex having commandeered all our old video tapes), so pretty precious to me.

Anyway, I ended up using Windows Moviemaker, a programme that should already be on your PC...using the 'narration' option, and converted the track into both a WMA file and also an AVI file so I could upload to youtube.

I'm pretty certain on Moviemaker you can split (and certainly edit) the tracks.

Not sure whether that will be of any use to you.

imagine
31st May 2013, 11:12
Good morning Stewart. :smile:

The other day I transferred an old tape I have of my son and I talking, when he was 6 years old...the only such record that I now have (the ex having commandeered all our old video tapes), so pretty precious to me.

Anyway, I ended up using Windows Moviemaker, a programme that should already be on your PC...using the 'narration' option, and converted the track into both a WMA file and also an AVI file so I could upload to youtube.

I'm pretty certain on Moviemaker you can split (and certainly edit) the tracks.

Not sure whether that will be of any use to you.

yes thanks graham,iv used that before and blended 2 tracks together using a second program to end up with it as mp3,

funny you should say about the tape with your son talking, yesterday i transfered a tape to mp3, was voice of my 2 eldest singing xmas songs with the sound of my youngest when just a few months old crying on tape, oh and my mother talking to kids , wont mention my voice lol

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 11:34
I'd put the youtube link on here, because my little boy sounds quite cute, and sings a song too, but I sound like an idiot. lol

imagine
31st May 2013, 11:41
I'd put the youtube link on here, because my little boy sounds quite cute, and sings a song too, but I sound like an idiot. lol

our own voice recorded always sounds strange, i guess its because we are used to hearing it differently when we speak

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 11:53
That's true, plus I like to pretend that I don't have much of a Yorkshire accent...but, I do. :biggrin:

jonnijon
31st May 2013, 12:23
http://www.nch.com.au/splitter/index.htm

Try This one

imagine
31st May 2013, 12:27
That's true, plus I like to pretend that I don't have much of a Yorkshire accent...but, I do. :biggrin:

oh you try to be posh :icon_lol:

imagine
31st May 2013, 12:28
http://www.nch.com.au/splitter/index.htm

Try This one

thanks jonni:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
31st May 2013, 12:32
up untill recently i had a phillips streamium, built in hard drive ,usb connections,cd rec /play,could stream music around the house, it converted to mp3 anything you plugged into it, well it busted just a few weeks ago, i bought it about 5 yrs ago, i should have taken more advantage of it while it worked,
decided not to replace it, but went for this cheaper option instead to convert my tapes