PDA

View Full Version : British Aiirways

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 15:00
I have never flown with British Airways and there's a good chance I never will.What are they like are they as good as other Airlines?I think they also own half of concorde but I'm not sure if they're flying.

SimonH
24th May 2013, 16:01
As with all airlines, it depends where you're flying from and to. They don't fly to the Philippines if that's where you want to go. As far as Concorde is concerned unless you've been hibernating for the last decade you'd know it doesn't fly any more.

sars_notd_virus
24th May 2013, 16:15
I have never flown with British Airways and there's a good chance I never will.What are they like are they as good as other Airlines?I think they also own half of concorde but I'm not sure if they're flying.

I did way back 2010 (British Airways), the plane is ok, the flight is ok but not very happy with the service and the looks of the air hostess are very drab :NoNo: :thumbsdown:

grahamw48
24th May 2013, 16:21
May I recommend.... :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjJFv1NDBg

RickyR
24th May 2013, 16:24
In the last 10 years, I've flown about 20 times with BA and tend to fly them far less then most airlines. The aircraft are all looking tired, as they have been primarily focusing on the fleet improvement with the A380 joining them this year and the 787 was also due to be incorporated into their fleet.
They tend to have very little interest in the regions, and focus heavily on longhaul. The aircraft have quite old Inflight Entertainment systems. BA makes it fairly clear that they are only interested in those sitting in Club World or First. Terminal 5 if your in economy is an absolute pain, they only announce the gate very late, hence keeping everyone huddled in the shopping area.

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 16:25
well if my next trip is to the philippines I won't go with British Airways or Concorde

RickyR
24th May 2013, 16:25
Graham that Yorkshire Airlines is absolutely Jet2 in a nutshell!

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 16:31
I never been to yorkshire and I don't think I will bother to visit it ever thankyou.

RickyR
24th May 2013, 16:34
Ah, another southerner afraid of the big scary northerners!

SimonH
24th May 2013, 20:06
If you have the money to even think about Concorde (not that it is an option anymore), then can I suggest Emirates first class. I even had a shower on the way back :smile:

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 21:51
i've no desire to travel to the north

jake
25th May 2013, 04:04
May I recommend.... :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjJFv1NDBg

:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th May 2013, 13:18
i've no desire to travel to the north

North of where?

stevewool
26th May 2013, 13:31
tup north upto northampton me thinks

Terpe
27th May 2013, 16:17
tup north upto northampton me thinks

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Don't go there. The gate to hell.:icon_rolleyes:

Dedworth
27th May 2013, 16:31
well if my next trip is to the philippines I won't go with British Airways or Concorde

You won't ..............The last BA Concorde flight was 2003 and BA stopped flights to the Philippines years before that

grahamw48
27th May 2013, 18:17
PAL used to be quite good too. :smile:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5047/thankyouforflyingphilip.jpg

HumanAfterAll
29th May 2013, 16:35
British Airways is fine, I've travelled several times with them, although I always take the cheapest option.
In terms of 'what they are like' it depends what you look for in a carrier.

I understand that some people are unable to maintain comfort in a small seat for several hours, but I've flown over 200 times and apart from a few trips, never been able to justify the price increase for a bigger, softer seat, regardless of being able to afford it.
I eat what they give me and take my own movies, books and music along.

I guess I'm easy to please. :smile: