PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for love

goldyhorn1
22nd May 2013, 23:17
:Hellooo:I'm 49 single and live in Essex .I'm looking for a Filipino woman.I don't have children ,I don't drive,I don't have pets. One dream I have is to move to the Philipinnes one day.A holiday there would be ok.I have decided not to visit any other country but at the present time I live on my own.As long as I do I will stay on my own I won't change my mind on the holiday destination or the move.I like snorkelling have done this a couple of times but not in Philippines.My parents are both alive at the moment and I feel I have to say this that at least one of them has a bad outlook on the Philippines although I have not.I may not here the last of it until there gone but this does not stop me dating if I meet (Mrs right)

Ako Si Jamie
22nd May 2013, 23:20
Welcome to the forum Goldy and good luck with your quest.

Out of interest why do your parents have a negative outlook towards the Philippines?

Steve.r
23rd May 2013, 01:13
They are probably tarring it with the same brush as many use for Thailand :doh:Brick:

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 07:57
Well when I bought a package in 2008 and told my mum I was going I was told by them that parts of the Philippines were to dangerous to travel to .I think one of them had read the travel advice on the Philippines.I said I was not goint to the dangerous parts mentioned in the travel advice at the time but they would not agree the country was safe to visit and tried to persuade me to cancel the package.After telling them I was not going to the dangerous parts that is at the time the parts that were not safe to travel to going by the travel advice pages.I don't know only that maybe she had heard that some people there are very poor.

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 07:58
I've never visited Thailand

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 08:01
I forgot to say thanks for the good luck.

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 11:24
I've never visited Thailand

I'm 49yrs I will not be retiring age until maybe now 66-67yrs depending on what the new rules are on retirement age in England Uk.I'm on ESA benefit with not much hope of a better income in the future.One hope I've got is to win the national lottery Saturday draw lotto jackpot which is unlikely.I do this once a week.

Dedworth
23rd May 2013, 12:35
.I said I was not goint to the dangerous parts mentioned in the travel advice at the time but they would not agree the country was safe to visit and tried to persuade me to cancel the package..

Did you cancel or visit the Philippines ?

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 16:03
Did you cancel or visit the Philippines ?

I went the flight was good I went with Kuwait airlines.I did not like there smoking room at Kuwait it was awful.

Terpe
23rd May 2013, 16:51
...I'm looking for a Filipino woman...

I suggest you begin planning your weekend trip to the upcoming London Barrio Fiesta (http://www.londonbarriofiesta.com/)
(click on the link)

BTW, why do you feel the need to limit your future partner's ethnicity?

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 20:20
I suggest you begin planning your weekend trip to the upcoming London Barrio Fiesta (http://www.londonbarriofiesta.com/)
(click on the link)

BTW, why do you feel the need to limit your future partner's ethnicity?

Thanks for your suggestion Terpe,I dont know what you mean by ,BTW, why do you feel the need to limit your future partner's ethnicity?I have not seen or met a filipino girl since I was in Makati Manila in 2008.I certainly don't know what BTW is.

SimonH
23rd May 2013, 20:24
BTW=By the way :smile:

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 21:03
thanks i was thinking for the last 15 minutes:doh and thought that might be by the way.I also thought of bank Transfer Wan_ _ _s but thought that cannot be right.Thanks Simonh

Ako Si Jamie
23rd May 2013, 21:08
I went the flight was good I went with Kuwait airlines.I did not like there smoking room at Kuwait it was awful.At least they've got one. Two actually, unlike Heathrow. :wink:

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 21:12
I clicked on the link Terpe what's so good about it what goes on is it like top of the pops or the xfactor or opportunity knocks.what goes on and how much does it cost?I could not find that.Also I probably won't go it's in london and if it's for a weekend where do you stay?

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 21:13
it put me off smoking in one though:yikes:

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 21:17
At the moment i feel there's only two good places worth a visit in london 1.Gatwick airport 2.heathrow airport

Ako Si Jamie
23rd May 2013, 21:28
At the moment i feel there's only two good places worth a visit in london 1.Gatwick airport 2.heathrow airportHaha. Quite agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
23rd May 2013, 21:29
I clicked on the link Terpe what's so good about it what goes on is it like top of the pops or the xfactor or opportunity knocks.what goes on and how much does it cost?I could not find that.Also I probably won't go it's in london and if it's for a weekend where do you stay?

Take a look at this:-
http://www.londonbarriofiesta.com/faq.shtml

You don't have to go for both days, but as you're only in Essex why not go on the Saturday and then come back on the Sunday if you enjoyed it.

Ako Si Jamie
23rd May 2013, 21:32
I clicked on the link Terpe what's so good about it what goes on is it like top of the pops or the xfactor or opportunity knocks.what goes on and how much does it cost?I could not find that.Also I probably won't go it's in london and if it's for a weekend where do you stay?It's free I think. You may have to pay for parking but don't quote me on that.

There's a lot of food stalls, stuff for kids, singers on stage and forlorn looking paramedics in a tent. That's the one in Birmingham anyway.

goldyhorn1
23rd May 2013, 22:07
I hope not I've got nothing to park

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2013, 22:34
BTW=By the way :smile:

Thanks Simon, I've been dying to know that for years, been too embarrassed to ask:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd May 2013, 23:43
:Erm:
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5936/wtflol2.jpg

Terpe
24th May 2013, 08:23

Do a search for Barrio Fiesta.
It's free.
It has a potential interest for you since you mentioned in your first post "I'm looking for a Filipino woman"
Usually at this fiesta will be over 20,000 people. Mostly Pinay.
Get to meet people.

Terpe
24th May 2013, 08:30
Thanks for your suggestion Terpe,I dont know what you mean by ,BTW, why do you feel the need to limit your future partner's ethnicity?I have not seen or met a filipino girl since I was in Makati Manila in 2008.I certainly don't know what BTW is.

I was asking why you only want to meet a filipina ?
Why aren't you open to other nationalities ?

If you're really looking for love, then you've already put up some very challenging restrictions.:icon_rolleyes:

Terpe
24th May 2013, 08:39
:Erm:
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5936/wtflol2.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4733636864/h67AD7952/

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 09:18
Yes I see what you are saying Terpe I will make a change to the previous posting:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th May 2013, 09:25
Yes I see what you are saying Terpe I will make a change to the previous posting:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have you joined any dating sites?
How about local social activities?
Are there any Philippine Communities in your area?
How about Asian Grocery stores? Hospitals?Care Homes? Catholic Churches? (all good places to meet up)

BTW, you don't need to change your posting, sometimes we're just too nosey :biggrin:

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 09:39
I'm 49 single and live in Essex .I'm looking for a woman.I don't have children ,I don't drive,I don't have pets. One thing I would like to do is move to the Philipinnes one day.A holiday there would be ok.I have decided not to visit any other country but at the present time I live on my own.As long as I'm on my own I won't change my mind on the holiday destination or the move.I like snorkelling have done this a couple of times but not in Philippines.I think the Philippines could be a great place to live.
I may not be able to move there until my parents are gone my mum does not like the idea and lives locally and drives a car I see her everyday because she is only a few minutes drive away.My mum is 68yrs in June 2013 and my dad is 77yrs.I don't know how long their going to live for but they're against the idea of me having a holiday out there or moving there.If I won the lotto jackpot it could be a different story.

Terpe
24th May 2013, 10:35
Follow this Forum Thread link from BigMarco for Morden Barrio Fiesta (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/46485-Morden-Barrio-Fiesta-June-8th-and-9th)

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 18:12
I can answer two of the suggestions 1. the nearest asian store is probably Colchester which is 18 miles away or London which is 70 to 80 miles away depending on what part of London not my usual shopping trip. 2. I don't go to church 3. I don't know of any Philippine communities in my area.

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 20:32
these dates are different is it a separate event? this one in june and the other in july

Travellor
24th May 2013, 20:55
I have plenty of good honest and hard working family members.

pm me for more info if interested

Moy
24th May 2013, 21:01
me too :wink:

grahamw48
24th May 2013, 22:14
...and me. :smile:

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 12:17
Do any of them live in Essex England?

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 12:20
Do any of them live in Essex England.Also how far are any of them willing to travel to meet?

grahamw48
25th May 2013, 13:02
I'm afraid all my pretty young relations and friends live in the Philippines and can't afford to travel to the UK.

Steve.r
25th May 2013, 15:22
I am bursting :Help1:

fred
25th May 2013, 15:24
How about Asian Grocery stores? Hospitals?Care Homes? Catholic Churches? (all good places to meet up)

Care homes? Hospitals? :icon_lol:
Do people actually go to these places to find a Filipino woman?
Do they accept grapes on the first visit?:Erm:

Steve.r
25th May 2013, 15:25
Do they accept grapes on the first visit?:Erm:

Haemorrhoids?

fred
25th May 2013, 15:27
Actually Terp, I think you may be on to something.
Look at this cheeky bugger.. There`s nothing wrong with him but I think he may have pulled!!

http://media-social.s-msn.com/images/blogs/00120065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_469b5687-f4ab-4992-a2ac-46c322b7a161_20130524130826_Insurance-Man-Crutches-300-001C3831.jpg

Ako Si Jamie
25th May 2013, 16:52
The last time I was up the hospital visiting a friend I engaged conversation with at least two Pinay nurses who were working in that ward. Was only there ten minutes.

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 17:41
I will ask then nearer the time I'm ready to go out there

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 17:43
With the weather we get in this country would they want to?:anerikke:

bigmac
25th May 2013, 17:47
.My mum is 68yrs in June 2013 and my dad is 77yrs

my old dad is 92 and still going strong. see if this forum is still here in about 25 years time lol

Arthur Little
25th May 2013, 17:57
see if this *forum is still here in about 25 years time lol

Well ... :anerikke: ... *it's been around for about 10 years already - and is growing from strength to strength with every passing day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

NO reason to suppose it WON'T. :NoNo:

bigmac
25th May 2013, 18:09
Well ... :anerikke: ... *it's been around for about 10 years so far - and
is growing from strength to strength with every passing day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

NO reason to suppose it WON'T. :NoNo:

my post was a bit tongue in cheek. meaning--elderly parents have the habit of becoming VERY elderly parents. how long does a son/daughter have to put their life on hold for?

Arthur Little
25th May 2013, 19:10
:Hellooo:I'm 49 single and live in Essex .I'm looking for a Filipino woman.I don't have children ,I don't drive,I don't have pets. One dream I have is to move to the Philipinnes one day.A holiday there would be ok.I have decided not to visit any other country but at the present time I live on my own.As long as I do I will stay on my own I won't change my mind on the holiday destination or the move.I like snorkelling have done this a couple of times but not in Philippines.My parents are both alive at the moment and I feel I have to say this that at least one of them has a bad outlook on the Philippines although I have not.I may not here the last of it until there gone but this does not stop me dating if I meet (Mrs right)

I'm 49 single and live in Essex .I'm looking for a woman.I don't have children ,I don't drive,I don't have pets. One thing I would like to do is move to the Philipinnes one day.A holiday there would be ok.I have decided not to visit any other country but at the present time I live on my own.As long as I'm on my own I won't change my mind on the holiday destination or the move.I like snorkelling have done this a couple of times but not in Philippines.I think the Philippines could be a great place to live.
I may not be able to move there until my parents are gone my mum does not like the idea and lives locally and drives a car I see her everyday because she is only a few minutes drive away.My mum is 68yrs in June 2013 and my dad is 77yrs.I don't know how long their going to live for but they're against the idea of me having a holiday out there or moving there.If I won the lotto jackpot it could be a different story.

Hi, Goldy ... as one of the Moderators, I have taken the liberty of merging the [above] two threads you've posted in this Section of the forum - since BOTH relate to the same context - in order to keep all the responses together. :smile:

bigmac
25th May 2013, 19:49
i have to say this---a british guy trying to live on ESA and dreaming of 1: winning the lottery---and 2: going to the philipines---or any other non--EEA country---to find a future partner---is simply on a hiding to nothing.

better to look a lot closer to home for a future partner--one who fully understands the implications of a life on benefits.

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 21:43
I will if I can :xxgrinning--00xx3:

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 21:44
Thankyou Arthur will they appear differently? :Cuckoo:

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 21:47
if both mine live until 92 I would be retiring age anyway.I hope I'm old enough and sane enough to make my own mind up by then

goldyhorn1
25th May 2013, 21:50
what and marry a blackwoman?

stevewool
25th May 2013, 21:54
whos sane

Michael Parnham
25th May 2013, 22:44
What is ESA?

grahamw48
25th May 2013, 22:48
What's wrong with marrying a Black woman ? :Erm:

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 07:22
Nothing I guess

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 08:04
Hello Michael there is a post about ESA (Employment and Support allowance) on the UK benefits Thread

jake
26th May 2013, 08:19
Hello Michael there is a post about ESA (Employment and Support allowance) on the UK benefits Thread

ESA is also the abbreviation for the European Space Agency.

stevewool
26th May 2013, 08:19
have you tried dating sites on the internet , that may be a good place to start

hawk
26th May 2013, 08:40
i found my wife on a dating site called tagged its all free no money you sign up like facebook then you put in where your looking and ie philippines age easy as 123 as i said its free you talk to them free they talk to you free messaging then you move onto skype good luck

SimonH
26th May 2013, 08:45
ESA is also the abbreviation for the European Space Agency.

Essex Space Agency :Erm:

Steve.r
26th May 2013, 09:04
if both mine live until 92 I would be retiring age anyway.I hope I'm old enough and sane enough to make my own mind up by thenAre you really still their little soldier and at your age still not allowed to make up your own mind about YOUR life???? I think about time you 'grew some' as Jeremy Kyle would say...... otherwise you are just wasting your life and we only get one chance!!!

what and marry a blackwoman?You do realise that you are thinking about dating an Asian woman right? They come in all colours from white to black..... is this another of your parent's influences about race and colour ??

What's wrong with marrying a Black woman ? :Erm:Nothing Graham, in fact I love my wife when she is darker. I know you will agree with me on that.

Nothing I guessI guess?????? Guess what??? :doh

bigmac
26th May 2013, 10:28
ESA will preclude getting a spouse/fiancee visa.

Michael Parnham
26th May 2013, 10:32
Got it Goldyhorn! :wink:

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 11:54
i have to say this---a british guy trying to live on ESA and dreaming of 1: winning the lottery---and 2: going to the philipines---or any other non--EEA country---to find a future partner---is simply on a hiding to nothing.

better to look a lot closer to home for a future partner--one who fully understands the implications of a life on benefits.

Thanks I will look closer to home but is there anything wrong with having a holiday or moving to the Philippines on my own if I don't find a partner?

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 11:55
I have tried a site called Plenty of Fish P.O.F.com

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 11:59
no not really but I think it's possible to date or meet either african or asian women or any other in the uk

goldyhorn1
26th May 2013, 12:03
thanks for that bigmac but I have not met one yet and maybe I never will. Hooray for being single and free:smile:

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 12:34
I have tried a site called Plenty of Fish P.O.F.comTake that site with a pinch of salt. :peepwall:

bigmac
26th May 2013, 12:35
thanks for that bigmac

i'm only trying to point out the harsh reality---just to spare you future heartache that some of us are going through.

plenty of fish is a useful site--i was on it--& thats how i met my girlfriend.

but--if you can find a philipina who is already settled here--you're home and dry.

stevewool
26th May 2013, 12:37
any site is ok just for talking give it a go but dont rush into anything before thinking about it

grahamw48
26th May 2013, 12:39
I think the Filipinas on POF tend to be a bit more 'fussy'.

Well done bigmac. :biggrin:

bigmac
26th May 2013, 12:43
I think the Filipinas on POF tend to be a bit more 'fussy'.

Well done bigmac. :biggrin:

my lady obviously has very good taste :wink:

Arthur Little
26th May 2013, 21:49
Look at this cheeky bugger.. There`s nothing wrong with him but I think he may have pulled!!

http://media-social.s-msn.com/images/blogs/00120065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_469b5687-f4ab-4992-a2ac-46c322b7a161_20130524130826_Insurance-Man-Crutches-300-001C3831.jpg

:icon_lol: ... pulled a muscle, more like! :icon_rolleyes:

Arthur Little
26th May 2013, 22:08
Thankyou Arthur will they appear differently? :Cuckoo:

:NoNo: ... just means that - instead of the replies to each, appearing on two separate separate threads - they'll ALL now be in the ONE place. Makes them more accessible and, easier to follow if they're in order of sequence. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also tidies things up a bit! :smile:

goldyhorn1
27th May 2013, 13:30
I had a look at tagged and joined. Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th May 2013, 18:42
Filipina Nightclub :egyptian: in Shepherds Bush you can always give that a try one night. Get your dancing shoes on and jump on the central line:REDancedancer08: you never know your luck:wiggle:

sars_notd_virus
27th May 2013, 20:44

Filipina women is not for ''everyone'' .. pinays are just like any british women except they are generally more attractive in a very asian way with better figures (unless you prefer the fuller woman) but it has been said before in this forum about meeting women, Why pinay ?... the cost is very prohibitive at the moment... not trying to put you off...just wondering why it defiantly needs to be fillipino ?...Good luck and by the way... we can be bitches also:smile::wink:

goldyhorn1
27th May 2013, 21:39
Filipina women is not for ''everyone'' .. pinays are just like any british women except they are generally more attractive in a very asian way with better figures (unless you prefer the fuller woman) but it has been said before in this forum about meeting women, Why pinay ?... the cost is very prohibitive at the moment... not trying to put you off...just wondering why it defiantly needs to be fillipino ?...Good luck and by the way... we can be bitches also:smile::wink:

Yes this was my original post but also on the same thread there is a post saying I'm looking for a woman and not stating where from.

sars_notd_virus
27th May 2013, 21:52
Yes this was my original post but also on the same thread there is a post saying I'm looking for a woman and not stating where from.

Cool thats correct u can actually live in Ph without marrying a filipina.. goodluck on your endeavours...you made a "fine" choice..
Btw, I rarely known a man who quickly change their mind as you do..you must be lost somewhere??