PDA

View Full Version : pimples

Moy
22nd May 2013, 20:24
Living here in the UK seems changes my physical attribute:wink::Erm::action-smiley-081: from hair probs to skin..to my back:cwm25::cwm3: when i was in the Philippines i got no problem specially now my back has pimples:xxaction-smiley-047:Brick: it should not be there i used to be really clear spotless pimples free on my back..:biggrin: but now its awful..not mooning just complaining..:olddude::omg: so ladies how many of you here has the same probs:wink: as now i cant be proud now of my used to be spotless flawless skin on my back...instead fall of awful pimples..and wondering what it cause this..is water?? weather etc.:yawn::Cuckoo:

any inputs:wink:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd May 2013, 20:30
See your doctor Moy. You may have an allergy or it could be something else.

Moy
22nd May 2013, 20:49
See your doctor Moy. You may have an allergy or it could be something else.
thanks for reply..erm doctor? nah Gp at times dont really understand you..:cwm3:

raynaputi
22nd May 2013, 21:02
Try changing your soap or body wash Moy. Try using a hypoallergenic one. I too have a small number of pimples at the back now (which never happened when in the Philippines). I bought Cetaphil body wash and it kinda stopped getting bad (but pimple scars are just annoying! :cwm23: ). Johnsons body wash is good too. That's what I used in the Philippines and I had no pimples on my back. I have to buy that again in the pound shop when my Cetaphil goes empty coz it's a bit expensive. :doh

Moy
22nd May 2013, 21:16
Try changing your soap or body wash Moy. Try using a hypoallergenic one. I too have a small number of pimples at the back now (which never happened when in the Philippines). I bought Cetaphil body wash and it kinda stopped getting bad (but pimple scars are just annoying! :cwm23: ). Johnsons body wash is good too. That's what I used in the Philippines and I had no pimples on my back. I have to buy that again in the pound shop when my Cetaphil goes empty coz it's a bit expensive. :doh
thanks for reple Rayna:wink: its only one brand i used to use when it comes to my skin and lotion since..and its Dove...

cetaphil?? whats that ? where can we buy those..it might help me lols

han
22nd May 2013, 21:46
What I've noticed on my face now and again I get pimples, while in the Philippines never had it. All I can remember, it started since I use the liquid foundation that I bought from boots... :doh :doh
Now I stop using it completely.. chuck it :bigcry:

raynaputi
22nd May 2013, 22:22
thanks for reple Rayna:wink: its only one brand i used to use when it comes to my skin and lotion since..and its Dove...

cetaphil?? whats that ? where can we buy those..it might help me lols

http://www.cetaphil.com/ (http://www.cetaphil.com/)

The facial cleanser and the body wash are the products I use. Usually recommended by dermatologists (well in the Philippines) since it hypoallergenic and non comedogenic. I usually buy online from ebay because I can't find it in stores here.

You can also try looking at Google Shopping..https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cetaphil&tbm=shop&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=QjadUb-XKKmO0AWFkoDYDg&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=653 (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cetaphil&tbm=shop&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=QjadUb-XKKmO0AWFkoDYDg&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=653)

Moy
22nd May 2013, 22:26
ah ok thanks rayna..:wink:

malditako
22nd May 2013, 23:01
your propably just inlove these days moy hahahah

MissAna
23rd May 2013, 18:40
i rarely have any acne ever since on my teen years nothing has changed even if i'm here in the UK now in fact my skin is way better than before. i am NOT saying i have perfect skin though: nono-1-1: I have a uneven skintone and oily T-zone :bigcry:

Maybe the reason why you got acne at the back is due to stress :Erm: i'm no expert but you might be interested to read this http://acne.about.com/od/acnebasics/a/bodyacnebasics.htm

Mystica
18th October 2013, 06:24
Living here in the UK seems changes my physical attribute:wink::Erm::action-smiley-081: from hair probs to skin..to my back:cwm25::cwm3: when i was in the Philippines i got no problem specially now my back has pimples:xxaction-smiley-047:Brick: it should not be there i used to be really clear spotless pimples free on my back..:biggrin: but now its awful..not mooning just complaining..:olddude::omg: so ladies how many of you here has the same probs:wink: as now i cant be proud now of my used to be spotless flawless skin on my back...instead fall of awful pimples..and wondering what it cause this..is water?? weather etc.:yawn::Cuckoo:

any inputs:wink:

I know what you mean. I use RDL astringent (Baby face) and it does get rid of all my pimples! They banned importing astringent in the UK though, so most Filipino stores don't have it anymore. I always ask my hubby to bring me some from Saudi and most of my friends use it too! After application, leave it for a couple of hours then put moisturiser. Beware not to over do it though!

Terpe
18th October 2013, 07:19
I know what you mean. I use RDL astringent (Baby face) and it does get rid of all my pimples! They banned importing astringent in the UK though, so most Filipino stores don't have it anymore. I always ask my hubby to bring me some from Saudi and most of my friends use it too! After application, leave it for a couple of hours then put moisturiser. Beware not to over do it though!

If it's banned it should not be used and especially not smuggled into the country. Period ? :doh

KeithD
18th October 2013, 08:59
Try washing more often, and waxing your back :Erm:

Mystica
18th October 2013, 09:07
If it's banned it should not be used and especially not smuggled into the country. Period ? :doh

Smuggling if you bring tons and try to resell it and make profits out of it and not for personal use! Lots of people bring their own product/stuff from their country if they can't find it in the UK!
Do you call them all smugglers? :doh There's no such sign from the Customs that it's not allowed to bring it in the country! :NoNo:

Coming from Middle East they check if my hubby has any cigarettes and found those RDL in his luggage but didn't say anything! :wiggle:

KeithD
18th October 2013, 09:14
If it is banned, yes. :doh

Banned is BANNED .... whether it is a soap, food, weapon or drug.

Mystica
18th October 2013, 09:23
A moderator and an administrator :admin: that are as harsh as Aromulus! :NoNo: I think I am out of here! :23_111_9[1]:
BYE!!!!!

SimonH
18th October 2013, 09:45
A moderator and an administrator :admin: that are as harsh as Aromulus! :NoNo: I think I am out of here! :23_111_9[1]:
BYE!!!!!

Good morning :Wave: Nice to meet you, although the greeting maybe too late now :cwm25:

Who or what Aromulus is or was I don't know :Erm:

I think the point trying to be made is that the product you're talking about is banned in this country, and there's obviously a good reason for it. There are countries in the world where automatic machine guns are legal, but not here. You wouldn't try and smuggle one of those in would you :Erm:
As you know it's illegal, then ignorance if stopped is not an excuse. Nothing harsh about what was said, and to be honest I'd have said the same if I'd have been on earlier.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the banter and also contribute to those who can benefit from your experiences :biggrin:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 10:03
Sounds like you're experiencing puberty Moy. :Erm:

KeithD
18th October 2013, 10:10

Maybe you should take a closer look? :omg:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 10:14
Noooo ! http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6311/2ug.gif

Moy
18th October 2013, 10:15

:xxaction-smiley-047 well at least am not as vulnerable like you graham :icon_lol::laugher::olddude::biggrin:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 10:18
True. I now have extra pimple space on top of my head. :cwm25:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 13:44
It's what you eat!!..........your body is reacting to the food you choose to eat here.....it's that simply.

If you've gone from a relatively clean diet in The Philippines to a ''normal'' British diet consisting of ''foods'' high in saturated fats and E numbers etc etc...no wonder your body is complaining :NoNo:

This dreadful diet is not compulsory.........The only way to clear your bad skin is to change your eating habits

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 13:48
I use no cosmetics whatsoever, and practically no shampoo. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2144/09m3.jpg

:biggrin:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 14:04

Nice one Graham :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
18th October 2013, 14:18
I posted an update on this topic, accurate to the best of my knowledge, 5 months ago ( http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/46328-Pimples-what-s-new ).

If you haven’t already done so, may I suggest you have a look there :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Moy
18th October 2013, 18:54
It's what you eat!!..........your body is reacting to the food you choose to eat here.....it's that simply.

If you've gone from a relatively clean diet in The Philippines to a ''normal'' British diet consisting of ''foods'' high in saturated fats and E numbers etc etc...no wonder your body is complaining :NoNo:

This dreadful diet is not compulsory.........The only way to clear your bad skin is to change your eating habits

excuse me :cwm24::biggrin:...my diet is very good...:wink: in fact british food for me is only eaten on friday night :xxaction-smiley-047:yikes::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081: other than i stick to my own normal asian cuisine :Rasp::wink:
think the water arent too good maybe am wrong am just guessing :Help1::biggrin:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 18:58
Good morning :Wave: Nice to meet you, although the greeting maybe too late now :cwm25:
:laugher::laugher:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 19:04
excuse me:cwm24::biggrin:...my diet is very good...:wink: in fact british food for me is only eaten on friday night:xxaction-smiley-047:yikes::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081: other than i stick to my own normal asian cuisine:Rasp::wink:
think the water arent too good maybe am wrong am just guessing:Help1::biggrin:

Try showering more than once a month...that may help :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I don't know Moy :NoNo:...could be the change of life but, I suspect you are far too young for that..I'll ponder more for you :biggrin::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:omg::Cuckoo::cwm3::Rasp:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 19:12
BYE!!!!!

Mystica...you shouldn't take too much to heart especially stuff said on here :biggrin:.....I would of thought you being married to a British for 18 yrs would of put you well ahead of your sisters on here on understanding our humour :biggrin:

Regards
Gwapito :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
18th October 2013, 19:17
Try showering more than once a month...that may help :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I don't know Moy :NoNo:...could be the change of life but, I suspect you are far too young for that..I'll ponder more for you :biggrin::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:omg::Cuckoo::cwm3::Rasp:

i more on creamy bubble bath everyday my friend :censored::action-smiley-081::biggrin: before goin slept...:grosyeux::Cuckoo:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 19:30
excuse me :cwm24::biggrin:...my diet is very good...:wink: in fact british food for me is only eaten on friday night :xxaction-smiley-047:yikes::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081: other than i stick to my own normal asian cuisine :Rasp::wink:
think the water arent too good maybe am wrong am just guessing :Help1::biggrin:

Actually, that was something I'd thought of mentioning Moy. :smile:

Being a keen aquarist, local water quality and chemistry has always been very important to me.

Your water supply MAY be quite hard or quite soft, acid, or alkaline.

This could possibly have an effect on your skin.

You can find out exactly what type of water chemistry yours has simply by phoning your local water company. Then with the accurate figures to hand, perhaps do a bit of (scientific) research on the internet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mystica
18th October 2013, 19:40
Mystica...you shouldn't take too much to heart especially stuff said on here :biggrin:.....I would of thought you being married to a British for 18 yrs would of put you well ahead of your sisters on here on understanding our humour :biggrin:

Regards
Gwapito :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gwapito! :cwm3: I am out of this thread not this forum! :anerikke:

gWaPito
18th October 2013, 19:44
Gwapito! :cwm3: I am out of this thread not this forum! :anerikke:

We are greatly relieved to hear that Mystica :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
18th October 2013, 21:32
Actually, that was something I'd thought of mentioning Moy. :smile:

Being a keen aquarist, local water quality and chemistry has always been very important to me.

Your water supply MAY be quite hard or quite soft, acid, or alkaline.

This could possibly have an effect on your skin.

You can find out exactly what type of water chemistry yours has simply by phoning your local water company. Then with the accurate figures to hand, perhaps do a bit of (scientific) research on the internet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

On the aquarist theme, I'd imagine the water to be be quite soft up in Yorkshire, maybe PH 7 or lower, perfect for central or south American cichlids or perhaps discus :Erm: whereas down here that water is more alkaline, maybe a PH of 8 which is more suited to african or rift valley cichlids :smile:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 22:32
Not in York Simon (drawn from the river Ouse here). It is more or less dead on 7 normally (neutral PH), slightly hard. I don't have the exact figures to hand.

Although a lot of the water comes down from the moors and dales (acidic), it also flows over and through Limestone.

Fine for livebearers and African Cichlids, plus most 'tolerant' species.

Discus you'd need to take it down to about 6-6.5 softness, and slightly acid (plus of course, the frequent water changes). This would go for many of the South American 'Amazon' species if you wanted breeding success.

Arthur Little
19th October 2013, 00:05
:cwm24: ... "plooks" ... the Scottish derivation of pimples.

Moy
19th October 2013, 13:11
:cwm24: ... "plooks" ... the Scottish derivation of pimples.
:xxgrinning--00xx3::laugher::icon_lol:

SimonH
19th October 2013, 13:27
Not in York Simon (drawn from the river Ouse here). It is more or less dead on 7 normally (neutral PH), slightly hard. I don't have the exact figures to hand.

Although a lot of the water comes down from the moors and dales (acidic), it also flows over and through Limestone.

Fine for livebearers and African Cichlids, plus most 'tolerant' species.

Discus you'd need to take it down to about 6-6.5 softness, and slightly acid (plus of course, the frequent water changes). This would go for many of the South American 'Amazon' species if you wanted breeding success.

Used to keep and breed Discus a few years ago, used to have a RO unit and then filter through peat to get the ph down.

grahamw48
19th October 2013, 13:56
Aah right. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I had them in my shop, but could never give the time or space to breed from them...plus they were usually snapped up pretty quickly by customers.

There is still a silver cup in my name (awarded for 'best home aquarium') circulating around the North Yorkshire aquatic club scene. I used to be a show judge at one time, before my globe-trotting started. :smile:

Of course the Phils rivers are a source of fascination to me, and endless 'net-dipping'. :biggrin:

In this picture I'm actually netting wild 'blue' /'3-spot' (just to keep on topic :icon_lol:) Gouramis, in Bicol.
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/2518/grafishinginphils.jpg

malditako
19th October 2013, 20:16

Its about time you start using them now hahaahaha lol joke!

Arthur Little
19th October 2013, 21:05
Grace ... congratulations on attaining your first bronze star! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
19th October 2013, 21:43
Grace ... congratulations on attaining your first bronze star! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thank you sir arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Notavirusalso
19th October 2013, 23:56
now I would never disagree with Doc Alan and bow to his superior knowledge, but i believe that diet is very relevant to avoid spots I have to avoid mars bars ( the occasional twix is ok ) Asda pre-made curries, kp salted nuts and most processed food where nuts seemed to be involved, I'm sure it's not a nut allergy as they don't make me ill.. just spotty but im ok with chestnuts wallnuts and of course chinuts

Doc Alan
20th October 2013, 08:52
Thanks for reading my thread on this topic, Notavirusalso :smile:

This is what I said :-

• The link between chocolate ( or other foods, especially dairy products ) is not strong, but for individuals it’s worth trying change of diet if certain items seem to make pimples worse.

I appreciate your compliment ... and we don't actually disagree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/46328-Pimples-what-s-new

stevewool
20th October 2013, 09:47
Try washing more often, and waxing your back :Erm:

brill just brill :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Notavirusalso
20th October 2013, 17:48
Thanks for reading my thread on this topic, Notavirusalso :smile:

This is what I said :-

• The link between chocolate ( or other foods, especially dairy products ) is not strong, but for individuals it’s worth trying change of diet if certain items seem to make pimples worse.

I appreciate your compliment ... and we don't actually disagree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/46328-Pimples-what-s-new

Thanks Doc Alan, Obviously my statement isn't a scientific review but if people find they are having isolated incidents of pimples, spots or boils it might be worth them making a food diary

Lilacyyy
22nd December 2013, 11:51
I use Tokyo Love Soap products (I am currently using Pure Girls)..my pimples were lessened and with FAST removal of scars too! *based on my experience* :smile:.thus, well-known in Japan as "The Celebrity Soap" because it is widely used by their Japanese Actresses.
Just beware of fake ones :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

grahamw48
22nd December 2013, 13:09
Thankyou . Can men use this ? :Erm:

Lilacyyy
22nd December 2013, 14:29
Thankyou . Can men use this ? :Erm:

Ermmm.. :Erm: I'm not really sure about that sir graham but im sure its very mild to the skin since its made from herbal stuffs and could even be used for the *down there* part of the females :biggrin: :Rasp:

grahamw48
22nd December 2013, 16:27
:yikes:

I was thinking more of the 'up there' part of the top of my head. :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
22nd December 2013, 16:49
:yikes:

I was thinking more of the 'up there' part of the top of my head. :icon_lol:
:yikes::laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
22nd December 2013, 17:43
I know people get dandruff in funny places though. :cwm25: