PDA

View Full Version : palawan

bhem_bhem
19th May 2013, 19:12
hello,, me and hubby are thinking of going to palawan, the problem is both of us are not familiar of the place.. do u think getting a tour guide will be good? any tips is highly appreciated.. thank you. :smile:

stevewool
19th May 2013, 19:20
best bet is to read a book of the place before you go then make a list of what you both want and do it all yourself

irishman12
19th May 2013, 19:40
hi ,just check this http://www.ironwulf.net/category/travel/philippines-travel/ lots of pages for Palawan - the 3 airports are peurto princesa ,coron and el nido - el nido is more exp as budget airlines don't fly there ,any info u need just ask -I can give contacts/info for most

irishman12
19th May 2013, 19:43
how long you plan to stay and what do ye like? -coron is good for island hopping ,pp -underground river , el nido -diving , pp to el nido is approx. 6hrs by bus -while el nido to coron is 8hr by boat

Ako Si Jamie
19th May 2013, 20:08
None of the main airlines fly to El Nido. You will need to get a charter flight or a bus from PP.

When I eventually visit Palawan I'll be flying into PP, visit Honda Bay, Underground River, Sabang etc then up to El Nido and maybe Port Barton/San Vicente then back east to Taytay and catch ferry to Coron. Leave via Busuanga.

Jamesey
19th May 2013, 20:37
El Nido is difficult to get to, but it's an amazing place.

Highly recommended! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bhem_bhem
20th May 2013, 00:25
Oh dear, long way and expensive to get to el nido. Looks like we will change our plan. Not much time to plan everything as we are leaving next week. Thanks for all the advice guys.. :smile: