PDA

View Full Version : Independence for Scotland / London

johncar54
19th May 2013, 12:02
I was just listening to a political debate on TV. They mentioned Scottish independence and possibility of London regulating it's own tax system, for the benefit of London.

Out of curiosity, I checked and found the population of Scotland is 5.2 million , whilst London has 8.1 million. (incidentally Wales has 4 million)

If Scotland get independence, London might have a better argument to do the same !

grahamw48
19th May 2013, 21:41
Ayup...population of Yorkshire is 5.3 million ! :ReadIt:

imagine
19th May 2013, 21:50
I was just listening to a political debate on TV. They mentioned Scottish independence and possibility of London regulating it's own tax system, for the benefit of London.

Out of curiosity, I checked and found the population of Scotland is 5.2 million , whilst London has 8.1 million. (incidentally Wales has 4 million)

If Scotland get impendence, London might have a better argument to do the same !

yeah but london isn't a country , scotland is

grahamw48
19th May 2013, 22:49
It may as well be a foreign one. :Erm:

'London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001'.

Source: The Office for National Statistics. Census 2011.

Dedworth
20th May 2013, 00:01
It may as well be a foreign one. :Erm:

'London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001'.

Source: The Office for National Statistics. Census 2011.

More claimants plus general Comecon and "asylum seeking" detritus

Gie
8th September 2013, 12:14
Just been to Scotland and it's a lovely place. If they gain their independence, they deserve to be. Its a country in itself whilst London is part of England. Would it still be called United Kingdom if Scotland gain their independence? :cwm25:

johncar54
8th September 2013, 12:53
. Would it still be called United Kingdom if Scotland gain their independence?:cwm25:

Gie: The clue is in the name 'UNITED KINGDOM'

(UNITE: to join, combine, or incorporate so as to form a single whole or unit.)

bigmarco
8th September 2013, 13:02
Gie: The clue is in the name 'UNITED KINGDOM'

(UNITE: to join, combine, or incorporate so as to form a single whole or unit.)

And now for your homework tonight children :NoNo::NoNo:

Gie
8th September 2013, 13:50
And now for your homework tonight children :NoNo::NoNo:

LMAO! bigmarco :biggrin: What I am trying to say is, will it still be United if Scotland becomes independent. The only kingdom left would be Wales and England, I suppose it will still be called United Kingdom even if lolz :icon_lol:

SimonH
8th September 2013, 13:56
LMAO! bigmarco:biggrin: What I am trying to say is, will it still be United if Scotland becomes independent. The only kingdom left would be Wales and England, I suppose it will still be called United Kingdom even if lolz:icon_lol:

Have we lost Northern Ireland already :Erm:

United Kingdom comprises of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland whereas Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland.

Gie
8th September 2013, 14:00
Have we lost Northern Ireland already :Erm:

United Kingdom comprises of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland whereas Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland.

Opsss :doh sorry forgot NI as well, deym! these teachers here are so strict lolz! :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
8th September 2013, 14:10
Maybe they should copy some of the regions in the Phils and make England, Wales and Northern Ireland into an acronym.

ENNOWA for instance. :biggrin:

Gie
8th September 2013, 14:15
Maybe they should copy some of the regions in the Phils and make England, Wales and Northern Ireland into an acronym.

ENNOWA for instance. :biggrin:

hahahaha! :biggrin: that would be great!!!! :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
8th September 2013, 15:36
Just been to Scotland and it's a lovely place.

Gie, you're absolutely right, Scotland IS, indeed, a lovely place ... :iagree:!

Well ... :anerikke: ... the part where I am fortunate enough to reside certainly rivals ANYWHERE else on the planet for beautiful scenery ... its only drawback being the unpredictable weather there. Yes ... it IS a *country. But, even as *such, it's one of four nations constituting the United Kingdom :Britain: which - as Simon has already explained - comprises England, Wales, Scotland and also Northern Ireland. :smile:

tiger31
8th September 2013, 15:46

If Scotland get independence, London might have a better argument to do the same !

scottish independence will never happen trust me

lordna
8th September 2013, 18:02
yeah but london isn't a country , scotland is

Anybody remember that film "Passport to Pimlico"....great old British comedy.