PDA

View Full Version : 'A nation of lazy porkers'

gWaPito
18th May 2013, 16:54
So says the Daily Mirror...it goes on to say ..about 2.9 million Brits have diabetes. .about 90% of those have type 2, linked to unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyles and being fat. .well there's a surprise :icon_rolleyes:

It is feared another 850,000 may not have been diagnosed.

Since 1991 diabetes in Brits under 40yo has risen 820%.

We all know the answers but are unwilling to do anything about it.

I was looking at my school pictures yesterday a kind soul posted on fb. .what was noticed was that we were all skinny. ..skinny in the eyes of my nieces and nephews. ..how times have changed.

Arthur Little
18th May 2013, 17:21
So says the Daily Mirror...it goes on to say ..about 2.9 million Brits have diabetes. .about 90% of those have type 2, linked to unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyles and being fat. .well there's a surprise :icon_rolleyes:

Here's ANOTHER surprise: :cwm24: ... I'm diabetic (Type 2) but I am NOT fat :nono-1-1: ... yet!

grahamw48
18th May 2013, 18:57
Yes nowadays unfortunately, too many (probably overweight) people confuse normal 'skinny' with fit healthy. :icon_rolleyes:

I'll be WALKING my skinny self up to Tesco shortly.

gWaPito
18th May 2013, 19:21
Yes nowadays unfortunately, too many (probably overweight) people confuse normal 'skinny' with fit healthy. :icon_rolleyes:

I'll be WALKING my skinny self up to Tesco shortly.
Thanks Graham. .you'll be keeping me in employment.
Who's actually the blame for this epidemic. .an epidemic putting millions more people at higher risk of debilitating conditions from heart disease and stroke to amputations.
We were lucky. .we never had the money waste on fast food etc. ..Our food came from family allotments. No computer for amusement either. ..we were outside be it climbing trees,conker fighting, playing football and helping out the local farmers. :smile: