PDA

View Full Version : David Beckham retires

les_taxi
16th May 2013, 21:48
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22558393

Sad day but great memories,not the most gifted but good all rounder,won everything :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I pick up ex Wimbledon keeper Neil Sullivan and he doesn't like reminding of 'that' goal :biggrin:

Dedworth
16th May 2013, 22:14
Putting his wife and all the Brand Beckham crap aside he's a great player who always gave 100% commitment and effort to his clubs and country

bigmarco
16th May 2013, 22:21
Never forget this one. A great ambassador for this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GESlaVNdE

grahamw48
16th May 2013, 22:56
A fine young man.

I wish him well in the future. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
16th May 2013, 23:01
Most capped outfield England player,runner up to world footballer of the year twice,won every trophy going,Record 4 titles with 4 different clubs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th May 2013, 23:14
...and still manages to avoid being a total pratt. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
16th May 2013, 23:41
No comparison with the self centered, vain numbskull Ferdinand who "retired" from International Football yesterday. Beckham is probably ashamed to have played alongside that fool

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2013, 23:47
One of the nicest footballers of his generation and probably the best crosser of the ball ever. Don't agree with his choice of woman though! :thumbsdown::icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2013, 23:49
No comparison with the self centered, vain numbskull Ferdinand who "retired" from International Football yesterday. Beckham is probably ashamed to have played alongside that foolAgreed. That plum has a right chip on his shoulder.

Terpe
17th May 2013, 11:49
I've got plenty of time for David Beckham. He's not the usual football self-centred loud mouth.

Personally I always felt he was among the best team-players anywhere. Gifted at many things, free-kicks,set-pieces, crosses etc.

Wonder what he's got up his sleeve :Erm:
Only 38 too

gWaPito
17th May 2013, 12:37
No comparison with the self centered, vain numbskull Ferdinand who "retired" from International Football yesterday. Beckham is probably ashamed to have played alongside that fool

I remember when Mr Ferdinand was at Leeds. .hailed as the next Bobby Moore. .no way. ..the man is a disgrace and a drug cheat. ..as for David Beckham, the most likeable guy in football, is likely going to trouser £300 million over the next 20 years. ..that's if the sensationalist papers are to believed today. .and why not. .I'd rather he get it.

les_taxi
17th May 2013, 13:16
He does lots for charity and he helped raise profile to get Olympic games too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
17th May 2013, 14:18
I remember when Mr Ferdinand was at Leeds. .hailed as the next Bobby Moore. .no way. ..the man is a disgrace and a drug cheat. ..as for David Beckham, the most likeable guy in football, is likely going to trouser £300 million over the next 20 years. ..that's if the sensationalist papers are to believed today. .and why not. .I'd rather he get it.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Can't stand Ferdinand.
Not sure I agree with the Papers about £300 million over 20 years as once you stop playing and old father time kicks in I would imagine earnings start to slide. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do though, he's a likable guy.

gWaPito
17th May 2013, 14:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Can't stand Ferdinand.
Not sure I agree with the Papers about £300 million over 20 years as once you stop playing and old father time kicks in I would imagine earnings start to slide. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do though, he's a likable guy.

Hi bigmarco. It's do with his commercial interests..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
17th May 2013, 16:40
Hi bigmarco. It's do with his commercial interests..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know matey I'm just questioning can they continue at this rate. Now he's retired and getting older, somebody else will come along and be more attractive to the sponsors.
However he has had a good run at it although I think he was a touch fortunate as the next big England star after him (Rooney) was so unattractive to sponsors in both a physical and intellectual sense.
I mean if you was Calvin Kline would you be interested in Shrek advertising your clobber. I think not :biggrin:

Dedworth
17th May 2013, 19:20
I think he was a touch fortunate as the next big England star after him (Rooney) was so unattractive to sponsors in both a physical and intellectual sense.
I mean if you was Calvin Kline would you be interested in Shrek advertising your clobber. I think not :biggrin:

Some sponsors are more than happy with Fat Boy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YJ5At1CvB2g/TBzHiU0q5JI/AAAAAAAAAhA/9MbKSXpq4Dw/s1600/Mr+Potato+Head+Rooney.jpg

Ako Si Jamie
17th May 2013, 19:55
Just heard on the radio that Chris Waddle doesn't think Beckham ranks in the top one thousand of best ever footballers. :Erm:

He's not the greatest but definitely in the top thousand.

Dedworth
17th May 2013, 20:31
A lot of Man Utd legends have retired recently; Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Scholes and now David Beckham

My money's on Howard Webb next

bigmarco
17th May 2013, 21:29
A lot of Man Utd legends have retired recently; Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Scholes and now David Beckham

My money's on Howard Webb next

Think you might be wrong on that one Ded

les_taxi
17th May 2013, 22:39
Just heard on the radio that Chris Waddle doesn't think Beckham ranks in the top one thousand of best ever footballers. :Erm:

He's not the greatest but definitely in the top thousand.

Funny coming from a footballer who thought he was a pop star:icon_lol:
62 appearances for England compared to 115 a record for outfiled England player.
Where does Waddle rank then outside the top 5,000:censored:

grahamw48
17th May 2013, 23:20
Waddle is jealous because he's got a daft name. :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
18th May 2013, 00:22
Funny coming from a footballer who thought he was a pop star:icon_lol:
62 appearances for England compared to 115 a record for outfiled England player.
Where does Waddle rank then outside the top 5,000:censored:Waddle wasn't a bad player TBF. Crap haircut though.