PDA

View Full Version : Certified Marriage Contract

rhaichard
16th May 2013, 20:34
Hi ,

Here I am again :Wave:

We are planning to get french schengen visa
But we are both confused about the marriage contract ,
I have original copy of NSO ( National Statistic Office ) marriage contract from the Philippines its in english ..

Do we really need to go to Philippine Embassy to have our marriage contract certified?

Thanks

ann_barnett
16th May 2013, 21:31
Hello..
I applied for schengen visa at TLS contact as a spouse of EU national... I have submitted the marriage contract from NSO only and that is what they need.

Arthur Little
17th May 2013, 00:24
Hi ,

Here I am again :Wave:

We are planning to get french schengen visa
But we are both confused about the marriage contract ,
I have original copy of NSO ( National Statistic Office ) marriage contract from the Philippines its in english ..

... :yeahthat:'s because, otherwise, Entry Clearance staff at the British Embassy would've had difficulty in translating it when you applied for settlement.

Do we really need to go to Philippine Embassy to have our marriage contract certified?

Thanks

:nono-1-1: ... just present it as it IS.

rhaichard
17th May 2013, 07:50
Thanks for the quick response :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Another one ... do we need to book for travel and accomodation before we can apply and do we really need saving just to tour france for only 2-3 days ?

ann_barnett
20th May 2013, 10:29
if you would apply saying that you would be staying in France overnight or more then you have to submit your booking on your accommodation.... but if you would apply for just a day trip, you dont have to submit the booking...

but be ready with your travel insurance just in case.. but mainly the most important is your passport, marriage cert from NSO, 1 photo passport size less than 3 months old and your hubby's orig passport.. don't worry about your hubby's passport as they would just look at it then will be returned to you again after checking... your docs...

Terpe
20th May 2013, 10:47
Thanks for the quick response :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Another one ... do we need to book for travel and accomodation before we can apply and do we really need saving just to tour france for only 2-3 days ?

If you look at the application form you'll see that if you will be travelling with your spouse you don't need to respond to those questions.

The tricky part is when the Embassy would ask for proof that you will actually be travelling together.

ann_barnett
23rd May 2013, 21:17

Hi you have to submit your booking if you will stay more than a day. you will be submitting your docs and biometrics at the collection centre via TLS contact then this centre will be the one to forward your docs to embassy.

Bluebirdjones
24th May 2013, 08:21
Hi you have to submit your booking if you will stay more than a day.

WRONG WRONG WRONG
You do NOT have to submit your booking, nor have travel insurance.