PDA

View Full Version : chance of my appeal to a fiance visa refusal

theresa
7th September 2007, 05:45
i applied for a settlement as a fiance. me and my fiance have been married before but when we applied for a visa hes divorce is on proceeding. the reason they refused my visa application is because i failed to submit his divorce documnets and since i was given the chance to appeal, weve lodged our appeal together with his decre nisi and decree absolute. my question is do i have a chance of winning this appeal now that we provided them the documents why the visa officer refused me from getting a visa.:NEW1:

Shifty-Sidney
7th September 2007, 06:48
Hi,
It is not good that you did not include these documents the first time. but most appeals are ok. make sure you give exactly what is required in a professional and nice way. please do not send any letters saying the visa officer was wrong or complaining about anything. good luck this time.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

theresa
7th September 2007, 13:45
the reason why we were not able to include that document is because the divorce proceeding was on going but we included letters from his solicitor saying when the decree nisi will be given. thanks a lot, im a bit worried before but im confident now. do you know how long an appeal takes

Pepe n Pilar
7th September 2007, 17:01
Hi Theresa.... Were your documents returned to you?

theresa
7th September 2007, 17:10
:Help1:
yes, all original documents were returned. i really want to know how long will it take. its been a a month now.

andypaul
7th September 2007, 23:24
some people have found appeals can take so long a year or so (please don't take my word as gospel as im far from an expert on the field)

I think there are some posts on appeals from pete a poster from the old days of the site.

If i remeber correctly it was debated in a post that it may help to have your husbands local mp involved. A letter from them can sometimes help things move along.

I hope all goes well.

theresa
8th September 2007, 04:15
that is actually one our option. there is actually one MP live in our street, i lodge the appeal here not in England. weve been adviced by the embassy to lodge it here in manila. were a bit confident because we passed the documents they were asking in the refusal. just worried how long will it take. :cwm3:

:Rasp:
does anyone here have had a succesful refusal appeal. I hope u can share what happen.

charlwill
8th September 2007, 10:26
that is actually one our option. there is actually one MP live in our street, i lodge the appeal here not in England. weve been adviced by the embassy to lodge it here in manila. were a bit confident because we passed the documents they were asking in the refusal. just worried how long will it take. :cwm3:

:Rasp:
does anyone here have had a succesful refusal appeal. I hope u can share what happen.

I know a couple that is successful for their appeal. The only difference to ur situation is... they file their appeal here in the UK and not in Manila. They're successful. 3 days after they lodge their appeal British Embassy in Manila rang my friend and told her that she already granted a visa.

theresa
8th September 2007, 12:32
waiting is a killer. we only want to start a life together. weve been thru a lot and we know that things would be easier if we were together. the embassy told us 6 weeks to 2 months. i hope that their reviewing my papers now and 1 day next week they would call me to.
thanks. im glad to be in this forum, its giving me a lot of confidence.

pennybarry
8th September 2007, 14:04
It maybe 2 months, 1 year , or 2 years like mine:Brick: no one knows. The most important is, you have patience to wait. It depends upon the schedule of the hearings, a private solicitor may help you. Goodluck !

theresa
8th September 2007, 14:10
the only reason they denied my visa is because of the divorce papers. we now submitted those papers in original copy. im hoping thats enough proof for them to grant me my visa.:Erm::Erm::Erm:
:ARsurrender:

pennybarry
8th September 2007, 14:13
You'll be given a choice by the embassy of your appeal. APPEAL WITHOUT HEARING AND APPEAL WITH HEARING. If you choose the first one, then they will make a decision thru your docs submitted. Am I right?

theresa
8th September 2007, 14:39
You'll be given a choice by the embassy of your appeal. APPEAL WITHOUT HEARING AND APPEAL WITH HEARING. If you choose the first one, then they will make a decision thru your docs submitted. Am I right?

we chose only in paper no hearing. i think thats what you mean. have you ever call the embassy to asked about your appeal before. Can I call them to ask hows my appeal going?:cwm24: