PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Paella

Mich
7th September 2007, 04:42
Hey guys,

i need help with Paella... does anyone here tell me how to cook paella but without the seafood on it. i am allergic to seafood. eating it would be my death sentence. :NoNo:

i would love to include paella to my birthday menu. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks!

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 07:28
You include Carbonara Michay, its yummy also ( my fave )...:)

Mich
7th September 2007, 07:35
waaaa i dont know how to cook that too... :NoNo:

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 08:10
waaaa i dont know how to cook that too... :NoNo:

Hmmmm, I know someone who knows how to cook it :)

Are you still up for the cooking lesson? :)

KeithD
7th September 2007, 09:35
My diet consists of chicken, chicken, chicken, chicken.........

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 10:10
I hope its skinless and not fried Keith :)

KeithD
7th September 2007, 12:22
I hope its skinless.....:)

I hope you're talking about chicken! :cwm24:

mommyhere
7th September 2007, 17:37
Mitch, I know how to cook paella and carbonara...I could help you....I could even cook it for you...just not include seafoods..just chorizo, chicken, pork, and add lots of saffron...that's the miracle thread of paella. Are u also allergic with scallops? That's also good substitute..but I'm not sure if ur also allergic with that..I hope not...coz' it's really yummy....
But still can't imagine paella without a single seafood.. the more we should meet here in manila so I could teach you how.

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 17:54
I am thinking of having a midnight snack of egg pie now :) carbonara and paella made me hungry mommyhere :)

mommyhere
7th September 2007, 17:59
Don't dare eat those for the meantime, Maria....don't forget the wedding bells...control Girl!!! you need to fit the gown first....ooopppsssssss sorry, mommy lang po!!

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 18:01
Hahaha...What are you talking about????::omg::omg::omg:

mommyhere
7th September 2007, 18:09
Secret!!!!!!!!!! eto kasi si Mitch eh!

pennybarry
7th September 2007, 18:10
Hi Mitch,
Try this but delete all seafood you can read LOLS di masarap pag walang seafood.
Traditional Spanish paella recipe.

4 chicken thighs, skin off, each cut into 4 pieces

1 tablespoon oil

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 onion, thinly sliced

1+1/2 cups arborio rice

1 teaspoon tumeric (or saffron for a more authentic flavour)

1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika

5 cups chicken stock

400g green prawns, shelled

1 medium-sized green capsicum, diced

1 medium-sized red capsicum, diced

2 tablespoons parsley leaves, finely chopped

1 lemon rind, finely grated

Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.

Add chicken and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until browned.

Remove from pan.

Add garlic, onion, rice and spices and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.

Pour stock onto rice and return chicken.

Simmer (covered) for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in prawns, capsicums, parsley and lemon rind. Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring frequently until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.

Di ko alam magiging lasa pag walang seafood:action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
7th September 2007, 18:14
Here's Paelya without seafood but with Rabbit ahahahaha masarap daw ang rabbit:yikes:

Ingredients for 4 persons

1 medium chicken
1 medium rabbit
2 medium ripe chopped tomatoes
165 grs. wide green bean ( spanish-bachoqueta)
130 grs. large white lima beans ( spanish-garrafon)
1 level teaspoon of saffron
3 cups of spanish rice
8 cups of hot water or ( even better chicken broth)
olive oil ( enough to cover the bottom of the paella pan)
salt ( to taste)
1 level teaspoon of sweet red paprika
First, heat the oil and when it is hot enough, add the rabbit and chicken (lightly salted ) and fry unitl lightly browned. Then add the white and green beans and cook them together with the meat. While they are cooking, make a clearance in the middle of the paella pans and fry the chopped tomatoes until they look a little pasty, quickly adding the paprika, stirring quickly and immediately adding the hot water or broth until it is almost to the top of the paella pans edge.

Cook all the ingredients for about 20 minutes over a high fire and tasting for salt. After 20 minutes we add the rice, distributing it evenly, making sure the rice is covered with liquid. The fire should be fairly high, not interrupting the boil. It takes about 20 minutes for the paella rice to cook. Do not stir the rice once you have added it to the paella pans, just change its position so that the fire gets to all patrs equally. All the broth should be absorbed when finished. Take the paella off the fire and let stand for about 10 minutes covering the top with newspaper. If the rice has been cooked correctly, the rice grains should be loose, not clumped together or having a mushy texture.

For a fantastic table presentation, small wedges of lemon can decorate the border and branches of romero (aromatic herbs) in the middle. Now you are ready to dig into your paella with wooden spoons and eat directly from the paela pans!

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 18:17
Secret!!!!!!!!!! eto kasi si Mitch eh!

Yeah, si Michay. Yong babaeng yon talaga!:doh

mommyhere
7th September 2007, 18:21
:D:D:D OO nga Sister Maria...slightly naubos nga load ko, eh middle of the night na..wala na load station..kaya "stop na the topic" ang mommy. :):)

KeithD
7th September 2007, 18:35
English Paella;
Open tin of Paella
Pour into bowl
Eat.....(no need to heat up, too much effort......)

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 23:46
:D:D:D OO nga Sister Maria...slightly naubos nga load ko, eh middle of the night na..wala na load station..kaya "stop na the topic" ang mommy. :):)

Yes, she teased me a lot while she was in Manila. Maybe its because she knows something that most of my friends dont but she promised me that she will not mention it 0n here. :)

Mich
8th September 2007, 06:26
Thanks for the recipes. Im gonna try cook it before my birthday see if tastes right.

im really really allergic to seafoods... i tried rabbit before, it was delicious. i dont know if there is rabbit meat here in Bicol. maybe i can just steal my niece's pet wabbit :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Maria_2300
8th September 2007, 11:03
...maybe i can just steal my niece's pet wabbit :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hey, don't do that! Poor thing :( I will just send you something for your paella...:) My birthday present Michay :)

Mich
8th September 2007, 14:01
Hey, don't do that! Poor thing :( I will just send you something for your paella...:) My birthday present Michay :)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: not gonna do it dear! the wabbit is too cute... i dont eat PETS.