PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it!!!!

Gary
10th November 2005, 13:05
I'm near London and in the four large towns nearest to me i can find only one net cafe and the service is terrible... £1 for 20 mins and haven't even got yahoo messenger so i'm talking to Ecxy by email....

oh how i want to shout and scream and rant....

but hey, needs must...

Pauldo
10th November 2005, 13:40
Originally posted by Gary@Nov 10 2005, 01:05 PM
I'm near London and in the four large towns nearest to me i can find only one net cafe and the service is terrible... £1 for 20 mins and haven't even got yahoo messenger so i'm talking to Ecxy by email....

oh how i want to shout and scream and rant....

but hey, needs must...

Quoted post

I've found that myself. Not sure if it is because most people have 'net at home, or because we Brits are a bunch of backwards hillybillies.

In 2000 the wife and I visited the UK, and were looking at buying a house, for investment. We needed to show the banks some proof of income and savings, so I told them we could go online and I'd show them our various bank accounts. Hah!

I couldn't believe the number of banks, and estate agents, who were not 'on-line' and had no access to WWW. Pitiful, I thought.

Admin
10th November 2005, 17:47
The majority closed down due to lack of business (or having the computers nicked).

The people who need it have it at home, or in the office these days, even on PDA's & Laptops (like me :) ). The only place I use someone else's is at Singapore airport.

Gary
15th November 2005, 01:50
well, looks like the next time i need a net cafe in UK, it'll be easier to come to to Davao... ten minute walk from my hotel.

Admin
15th November 2005, 11:41
I just use a Vodafone connect card on the laptop, or my XDAIIs, never with out the WWW, even on the bog........ :huh: ....I really need a life... :lol:

Gary
16th November 2005, 01:51
Either a life or an implant to keep you conected 24/7....

Well, you're one up on me... hehehehe

Admin
16th November 2005, 09:42
:lol:
Well, you're one up on me... hehehehe
OY!!! That sounds dirty!!! :lol:

Gary
17th November 2005, 04:38
not half as dirty as what i've just thought of...

Admin
17th November 2005, 10:45
Remember, if your good at oral......you've got it licked :rolleyes:

walesrob
17th November 2005, 12:52
Originally posted by admin@Nov 17 2005, 10:45 AM
Remember, if your good at oral......you've got it licked :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Wow this is some thread...first we&#39;re talking vodafone and XDA&#39;s then in the next breath its oral. Oo-er <_<

Admin
17th November 2005, 13:08
This type of thing doesn&#39;t happen on my other forums....... :rolleyes:

Gary
18th November 2005, 01:22
I can&#39;t imagine how you could do oral in any forum... I thought I had to type letters to express what I want to say...but i guess you learn something new everyday.

Admin
18th November 2005, 09:26
The only problem with oral is, one slip and your in the s**t :o

Gary
19th November 2005, 04:42
All this talk on oral is making me feel hungry now...

must dash...going to find some street rabbit....

Gary
1st December 2005, 11:08
Whatever you do... do not come to Hong Kong to buy an Xbox or Xbox 360

6300 hk dollars for 360

1300 hk d for standard xbox

the price is almost exactly the same as the UK

600 and 100 quid approx.

unreal......

I couldn&#39;t believe it.....

walesrob
1st December 2005, 11:48
Originally posted by Gary@Dec 1 2005, 10:08 AM
Whatever you do... do not come to Hong Kong to buy an Xbox or Xbox 360

6300 hk dollars for 360

1300 hk d for standard xbox

the price is almost exactly the same as the UK

600 and 100 quid approx.

unreal......

I couldn&#39;t believe it.....

Quoted post

Where are you looking in Hong Kong? Have you tried Sei Yeung Choi Street in Mong Kok?(where most HK&#39;ers go for cheapie electrical stuff) What about TST, especially around Peking Road, Middle Rd and the Ocean Centre, near to Star Ferry. Then theres Causeway Bay, North Point (I dont know these 2 areas very well) I got my Creative Zens/Ipods and mobile phones from either Broadway or Fortress, but never pay ticket price, always ask for a discount and they are happy to help. I bought 2 Zens last time I was there and asked for a discount, they said yeah no problem, plus they gave me free 100 AA batteries, a free hairdryer, a free electric toothbrush, free extras for the Zens. I was hoping for that free LCD TV, but maybe next time :lol:

Word of warning: if a shop is selling electrical goodies with no price tag, AVOID. They will do their best to rip you off, and are very experienced at it.

Admin
1st December 2005, 11:50
You&#39;ll find things like Xbox, Playstation, etc are a FIXED price all over the globe. If they are £300 in the UK, they are in US, HK, even Indonesia & Romania.