PDA

View Full Version : my car

hawk
13th May 2013, 18:33
here,s a few pictures of my car for the motorheads on here cost me £255 from ebay bmw e36 318i 1997 8089809080918092

Terpe
13th May 2013, 18:42
Nice one Hawk :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Blimey, that's cheap, I just paid £220 for one new front tyre on mine.:yikes:

Maybe I should think about getting another car instead of any more repairs. :Erm:

Did it come with MOT and service history ?

Looks like you got a great buy there.
Enjoy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th May 2013, 18:48
£255 ?

What can one say ?

Well-bought sir ! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin:

Now you may need the Bimmer forum. :smile:

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/

grahamw48
13th May 2013, 18:52
Nice one Hawk :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Blimey, that's cheap, I just paid £220 for one new front tyre on mine.:yikes:

Maybe I should think about getting another car instead of any more repairs. :Erm:

Did it come with MOT and service history ?

Enjoy.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have just sold my son's Punto because even though I can do the work myself, it was time to move it on rather than spend more money on it, because of the new stricter MOT coming up.

Terpe
13th May 2013, 19:00
I have just sold my son's Punto because even though I can do the work myself, it was time to move it on rather than spend more money on it, because of the new stricter MOT coming up.

In hindsight Graham, I really should have bought another car early this year instead of going through that MOT.
The problem I had with the darn ABS warning light has returned.

Now the air-con has packed up and one of the rear windows doesn't work.

The fridge in back seat has also packed up. Now what am I going to do. Can't manage without that :biggrin:

Seriously though, I'm not going to pay out any more on it.
Loyalty to the old girl is wearing very thin. (and the car :icon_lol::icon_lol:)

Joke!

Arthur Little
13th May 2013, 19:02
here,s a few pictures of my car for the motorheads on here cost me £255 from ebay bmw e36 318i 1997 8089809080918092

Enjoy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: ... WOW! :iagree:

grahamw48
13th May 2013, 19:12
In hindsight Graham, I really should have bought another car early this year instead of going through that MOT.
The problem I had with the darn ABS warning light has returned.

Now the air-con has packed up and one of the rear windows doesn't work.

The fridge in back seat has also packed up. Now what am I going to do. Can't manage without that :biggrin:

Seriously though, I'm not going to pay out any more on it.
Loyalty to the old girl is wearing very thin. (and the car :icon_lol::icon_lol:)

Joke!

Haha...yes I understand totally. :icon_lol:

To be honest also, the Punto was just standing on the drive doing nothing for weeks on end, and I was paying to tax and insure it. The money was better in the bank...and what with my FREE buses and not even needing a back-up car for work. :Jump: :biggrin:

Must tell my boy sometime though. :Erm:

Terpe
13th May 2013, 19:52
Haha...yes I understand totally. :icon_lol:

To be honest also, the Punto was just standing on the drive doing nothing for weeks on end, and I was paying to tax and insure it. The money was better in the bank...and what with my FREE buses and not even needing a back-up car for work. :Jump: :biggrin:

Must tell my boy sometime though. :Erm:

I've been thinking to take your lead and get myself a bus pass too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
13th May 2013, 21:12
Nice one - did you HPI it ? :biggrin:

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1863778.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Sean-James-1863778.jpg

grahamw48
13th May 2013, 21:25
:yikes:

hahaha! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
24th May 2013, 19:25
terpe take out the abs bulb if its not on when moted they cant fail it

cheekee
24th May 2013, 19:30
terpe take out the abs bulb if its not on when moted they cant fail it

I dont know if that would work because the ABS light should come on and then go out when the engine starts up lol.

grahamw48
24th May 2013, 19:39
That's what I was given to understand.

They check which lights come on when the key is turned, without starting the engine. (Position 2).

Apparently, engine warning light is no problem for MOT though. Other things will not be overlooked...like the power steering warning light on cars with electric PAS. Difficult to fiddle things or disconnect spurious warning lights with modern ECUs.

cheekee
24th May 2013, 20:07
I think the new MOT standards are to do with warning lights and new functions like the electronic hand brakes and tyre pressure sensors.

If the engine management light is on and it causes emissions to be high (i.e lambda sensor failure or catalytic converter) then it would be a fail.

grahamw48
24th May 2013, 20:53
True, but of course the engine warning light can be lit for any number of minor faults.

No emissions test as such on diesels incidentally...just a 'smoke' test.

Quick blast up and down the road first to get her cleaned out and thoroughly warmed up. Even the MOT man told me to do that. :biggrin:

Terpe
26th May 2013, 13:30
The ABS circuit is self checking.
My mate own the garage I use for MOT and he informed me on that.
Besides which I have to remove the dash cover :yikes:
Means disconecting everything. My car is totally computer controlled. No way I going to mess with that lot. :NoNo:
hanks for the interest though.

stevewool
26th May 2013, 13:33
just washed the car and cleaned the inside too, and it looks a million dollars well to me it does,

Terpe
26th May 2013, 13:43
.....it looks a million dollars well to me it does,

You mean it's green and crinkly :biggrin:

grahamw48
26th May 2013, 13:54
I've just polished my seat and oiled my bell. :cwm3:

stevewool
26th May 2013, 13:56
oiled your bell:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::doh

grahamw48
26th May 2013, 14:01