PDA

View Full Version : I suppose I`d better bore you all with election news!!

fred
13th May 2013, 13:58
Cause Im like that!!

In Manila.. Erap is ahead of Lim by about 10k votes for city Mayor..

Talk about the Devil and the deep blue sea!!

jake
13th May 2013, 14:02
What a surprise!! He is going to clean up Manila!!!

fred
13th May 2013, 14:06
Guess who`s winning in Illocos Norte??
Only one runner of course!
Who would dare stand against him anyway?

fred
13th May 2013, 14:09
What a surprise!! He is going to clean up Manila!!!

Perhaps you will all get the ERAP JEEP back!!
Mabey Ermita can make a comeback too!!

Terpe
13th May 2013, 14:13
Cause Im like that!!

Talk about the Devil and the deep blue sea!!

Well at least Erap is good for a laugh :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Lim is right miserable

fred
13th May 2013, 14:14
Well at least Erap is good for a laugh :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Lim is right miserable

I know!!
The miserable twit closed all my favourite bars!

jake
13th May 2013, 14:18
Mr moderator i didn't say anything about the Erap jeep :icon_lol:

Looks like the victorious return of the plumber (dyslexic me) in Manila. Lim is toast!

According to the wife and other filipino's i have talked to maybe a dictator isn't that bad.

fred
13th May 2013, 14:19
Fernando Poe`s son is just about in the lead for Senator..
Perhaps he can be Eraps right hand man.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th May 2013, 14:20

... so :icon_rolleyes: ... a second political comeback for Erap, eh? That'll fairly "set the cat among the pigeons"!! :biggrin:

raynaputi
13th May 2013, 14:22
I have always voted for Lim..he has always done a lot to get rid of the crime and prostitution in Manila. Those bars in Ermita and the ones that used to be in Roxas Blvd., most of them didn't have licenses to run such establishments. They were there because the former mayor before Lim was receiving under the table money. I don't like Erap running our city. :doh:NoNo:

jake
13th May 2013, 14:22
Fernando Poe`s son is just about in the lead for Senator..
Perhaps he can be Eraps right hand man.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its a daughter. Are you getting your he and she's muddled up :biggrin:

fred
13th May 2013, 14:24

Well it looked like a bloke in the picture.. Sorry!!

jake
13th May 2013, 14:27
Well it looked like a bloke in the picture.. Sorry!!

He, she does a bit :biggrin:

fred
13th May 2013, 14:29
I have always voted for Lim..he has always done a lot to get rid of the crime and prostitution in Manila. Those bars in Ermita and the ones that used to be in Roxas Blvd., most of them didn't have licenses to run such establishments. They were there because the former mayor before Lim was receiving under the table money. I don't like Erap running our city. :doh:NoNo:

Excuse me!!The bars I frequented were of the highest repute!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Ever since then that whole street has remained a slum area..Dangerous people roam and no street lights.
I thought he was going to regenerate it?
What about all the hookers plying their trade in Malate?
Why did he never close those down I wonder??
The way his Police force handled the Bus stand off was the shame of the Philippines IMO..
Key stone cops? They were like the British SAS in comparison!!:icon_lol:

raynaputi
13th May 2013, 14:41
Police has always been a shame in the whole country not just the Manila area!!! When Atienza was still the mayor, I've seen more foreigners in girly bars compared when Lim was elected. In the place where we live, Lim has always extended his help, even when a family member of residents died. There are things that Lim aren't good in dealing with but compared to the ones who run it before, he's done things better. Erap, I'm sure he'll win just because he was an actor. I won't be surprise if he'll turn Manila into a gambling den.

jake
13th May 2013, 14:41
What about all the hookers plying their trade in Malate?

Malate was full of gays even when you were a lad and still is to this day. Stayed there in the mid to late 80's and had an apartment there from 97 onwards. Not that i am ...

fred
13th May 2013, 14:48
Erap, I'm sure he'll win just because he was an actor. I won't be surprise if he'll turn Manila into a gambling den.

:icon_lol:

Manila has been a Gambling den for as long as I can remember!!
I agree though..Erap should have stayed an actor and protected his reputation as best he could.. As a Politician he has always come across as an imbecile to me..
Still..He just increased his lead by 3K.

Arthur Little
13th May 2013, 14:54
Lim is right miserable

:Erm: ... was he the bloke who tried to ban :Smokin: in Manila?

:anerikke: ... that's probably WHY he's back in political "limbo"!

fred
13th May 2013, 14:55
Malate was full of gays even when you were a lad and still is to this day. Stayed there in the mid to late 80's and had an apartment there from 97 onwards. Not that i am ...

Me too... Not that I am either. (85/1986)
I still pop into the Cowboy grill with the Mrs though when Im there.. Good night in there!

jake
13th May 2013, 15:12
Me too... Not that I am either. (85/1986)
I still pop into the Cowboy grill with the Mrs though when Im there.. Good night in there!

Being much younger than you i was 87 onwards. Am going there early the morn and the wife has just informed me i should be in bed!

filbrit
13th May 2013, 15:36
Police has always been a shame in the whole country not just the Manila area!!! When Atienza was still the mayor, I've seen more foreigners in girly bars compared when Lim was elected. In the place where we live, Lim has always extended his help, even when a family member of residents died. There are things that Lim aren't good in dealing with but compared to the ones who run it before, he's done things better. Erap, I'm sure he'll win just because he was an actor. I won't be surprise if he'll turn Manila into a gambling den.

given a chance, i'd rather vote for Lim! He's way better than Atienza and Erap.

raynaputi
13th May 2013, 15:38
given a chance, i'd rather vote for Lim! He's way better than Atienza and Erap.

Looks like Erap is winning (more than 22,000 lead)...Oh my..my poor Manila.. :cwm3:

fred
13th May 2013, 15:53
Being much younger than you i was 87 onwards. Am going there early the morn and the wife has just informed me i should be in bed!

Go to bed young man!! Do as you are told.

fred
13th May 2013, 17:43
Looks like Erap is winning (more than 22,000 lead)...Oh my..my poor Manila.. :cwm3:

Well sorry Rayna but he did win.. Good news though, they just interviewed him on TV and he says he will be a good boy this time!
Says he`s gonna up salaries dow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I wonder what will become of poor ole Lim now?

grahamw48
13th May 2013, 18:28

I agree.

That Ermita place was just awful...den of iniquity. :NoNo:

I always hurried quickly down that street, cos I was so embarrassed. :cwm24:

Usually I'd dive into a nice little bar called 'The Firehouse', to recover my composure. :cwm3:

A couple of pics of those places then....

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/2571/australianclub.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/4606/sdiner.jpg

I do have some more detailed photos, but I can't post them here...sorry.

There was a good medical clinic on MH Del Pilar though. I never had need of any of their services, but nice to see that it was swept out regularly. :smile:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4188/ermita1041.jpg

Terpe
13th May 2013, 19:15

Bless ya!

Terpe
13th May 2013, 21:06

Senate victory for dad, Grace Poe says

Team PNoy senatorial candidate Grace Poe on Monday night said she is dedicating her impending victory to the memory of her father, the late actor and presidential candidate Fernando Poe Jr.

Poe told ABS-CBN News that the results of the midterm elections surprised her.

As of 1:20 a.m. Tuesday, the former Movie and Television Review and Classification Board chief was leading in the senatorial race, ahead of second-placed Loren Legarda by more than a million votes.

"Masaya ako at nagpapasalamat pero pigil pa ang aking pagsasaya dahil masyado pang maaga. Ito ay partial, unofficial pa lang," Poe said.

She said, however, that she is confident of making it to the top 12 when the smoke clears. "Pero may konting kumpiyansa na makakapasok naman siguro tayo sa top 12 kaya masaya po."

Poe added that she never expected to rank number 1 in the Senate race.

Source:-
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/05/13/13/senate-victory-dad-grace-poe-says

filbrit
14th May 2013, 08:12
How about this one?

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines has been named as Time’s “Most STUPID Country to Elect a 20-Year OJT as a Senator”.

“The overwhelming victory of a self-professed on-the-job trainee-cum-Senator in the recently held election in the Philippines cemented the country’s fate,” wrote Time’s news director Marilou C. Martin.

She added, “Falling for the diversionary tactics of an inexperienced candidate that saw her steer the issue away from her credibility to her skin complexion to make herself look like the underdog; gave us no choice but to bestow such title to a country, who was destined for greatness before the elections.”

“And yes, we intentionally all-capped the word stupid for added emphasis,” according to Martin.

Time gave special attention to the country’s 11,789,643 registered voters (as of press time) who voted for Nancy Binay, as contributing to the country’s “overall stupidity rating index”.

“These are probably the same 11,289,648 people who had no access to the internet to witness the criticism their bet received for her lack political background or experience.”

The magazine didn’t wait for Comelec’s final and official number of votes Binay received before coming out with the latest issue saying that, “The amount of gullibility and the unprecedented level of idiocy forced us to go to press immediately.”

The article also noted that the country’s saving grace, namely its recent credit rating upgrade, Manny Pacquiao, Jessica Sanchez or Jada Pinkett-Smith asking for a copy of Jericho Rosales’ film did not help one bit.

“Those are only minor achievements as compared to the repercussions the sheer amount of stupidity the recent actions of the Filipino people entails.”

“It’s these kind of situations that not even Lou Diamond Philips winning the Oscars or the Philippines winning the next Miss Universe can help with your country’s image,” said Martin.

All is not lost however, according to political analyst Mak Jendoza.

Ladies and gentlemen, your future Mayor, Vice Mayor, President, First Lady, Pope and Vice President.

“Andyan na yan eh, ano pa magagawa natin (She’s already there, what else can we do)?” said Jendoza. “Siguraduhin nalang natin na hindi na mauulit ito pagdating ng 2016 (We just have to make sure that we shall not repeat this same mistake come 2016).”

“Abe eh kung maging presidente ang tatay nyan at madagdagan pa ng isang kapatid sa Senado sa 2016, baka pati ang United Nations hirangin na din tayong mga inutil (If ever her dad became president and another one of her sibling became a senator in 2016, even the United Nations shall name us stupid),” warned Jendoza.

“I can’t say that I’m proud of this recent ‘achievement’ of our country,” said Johnny Manuel Ebola after learning about the magazine cover. “But at least I’m proud to say that I’m not one of those 11,789,643 nincompoops!”

Source: http://sowhatsnews.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/philippines-named-most-stupid-country-to-elect-a-20-year-ojt-as-a-senator-by-time-magazine/

It's from - So, What’s News?, a SATIRICAL & FICTIONAL news website. Our aim is to inject humor into everyday news to provide respite to readers who have grown weary with mainstream news organization’s partisan, biased and depressing way of presenting the news.

han
14th May 2013, 09:48
oh so she really made it to the senate... :grosyeux:
Made me laugh when I was reading the other article about vice ganda's comment to her "Senador Agad"!? :icon_lol: :biggrin:

fred
14th May 2013, 10:12
Just got back from Tag B..
Every mall and store was jammed packed with one day millionaire shoppers..The queues went right down the isles!! It looked like Christmas eve in L.A or London!!
If they dont spend at least 50/75 million of their voting income in Pesos today alone I would be very surprised.
Why cant Filipino`s save for a rainy day?
Anyone know?

Arthur Little
14th May 2013, 14:15
Why cant Filipino`s save for a rainy day?
Anyone know?

Because ... :anerikke: ... in MY experience, anyway - they don't seem to HAVE many :raining: days.