PDA

View Full Version : The Repo Man C4

Dedworth
10th May 2013, 15:57
An action-packed, touching and occasionally funny series following the life and work of no-nonsense repo man Sean James and his team

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-repo-man

bigmarco
10th May 2013, 17:50
Lesson number 1 always get a secondhand car HPI checked

grahamw48
10th May 2013, 18:26
I've been enjoying watching that series. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I also respect a man who has such a great relationship with his kids.

stevewool
10th May 2013, 20:15
i too enjoy the program and he comes across quite well too

RickyR
11th May 2013, 05:25
Wow, yet another documentary making entertainment out of other people's misery. I didn't even realise that logbook loans secured against the car existed in the UK. How awful if you innocently purchased a car and are suddenly having it repossessed.

stevewool
11th May 2013, 07:08
like he says always check what ever you buy first,

hawk
11th May 2013, 07:15
it like this all over the place you dont pay they send it to collection agency i had not pais £20 ebay fee and it said if i didnt pay they would send to agency to collect they sell your debt to agencys rather then collect it themselfs some do not pay deliberate but some just get behind still wrong sending thugs to your door and police stand there and watch

Dedworth
11th May 2013, 10:56
Wow, yet another documentary making entertainment out of other people's misery. I didn't even realise that logbook loans secured against the car existed in the UK. How awful if you innocently purchased a car and are suddenly having it repossessed.

A motor is often the second biggest purchase after a house that people make - you wouldn't buy a house without having first established it is the owners to sell, as Marco says #2 get it HPI checked otherwise you run the risk of meeting Sean and his tow truck

melovesengland
11th May 2013, 11:00
Weve been watching this Repo Man and its quite good. I enjoy it!

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 11:07

I would have said...people's stupidity and in many cases, outright dishonesty. :NoNo:

stevewool
11th May 2013, 11:09
outright dishonesty. :NoNo:[/QUOTE]

100% this i would have said

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 11:12
it like this all over the place you dont pay they send it to collection agency i had not pais £20 ebay fee and it said if i didnt pay they would send to agency to collect they sell your debt to agencys rather then collect it themselfs some do not pay deliberate but some just get behind still wrong sending thugs to your door and police stand there and watch

Ah, but people put in this situation will have had several theatening letters and been given the option to come to some payment arrangement.

Burying your head in the sand simply means that some big bloke with a towtruck will come around and give your backside a kick, and in most cases... deservedly so.

My uncle was a 'repo man' for many years. Always had great stories to tell . :smile:

Dedworth
11th May 2013, 15:25
Ah, but people put in this situation will have had several theatening letters and been given the option to come to some payment arrangement.

Burying your head in the sand simply means that some big bloke with a towtruck will come around and give your backside a kick, and in most cases... deservedly so.

My uncle was a 'repo man' for many years. Always had great stories to tell . :smile:

Spot on Graham....... I've just clicked a star for you

bigmarco
11th May 2013, 15:47
Grahams right Repo man is the last resort. Usually means you've ignored everything else that's happened before.
I bought a car over 10 years ago at an auction and paid the additional fee to have it checked out. Came back as written off in a serious accident. Straight back to the auction house and my money was returned.
There's far to many shysters out there now not to make the check.
As for the woman who had the Birmingham lad over for £800 and offered £20 a month to settle, well I would have made her life a misery. Low life piece of :censored:

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 15:57
Spot on Graham....... I've just clicked a star for you

Haha....thanks mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
11th May 2013, 16:06
http://i47.fastpic.ru/thumb/2013/0510/a5/64c41880c1679aeafdd8ecbeae8663a5.jpeg

I like the ex Marine black fella on the right - one of the reposessee's said of him "that man over there never smiles" :biggrin:

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 16:13
When you see the sort of scummy chav estates they go to though, no good having a team of Morris dancers. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 16:25
I know I shouldn't laugh at this ...but. :icon_lol:

( It was about a parking ticket, but shows it would be no good sending softies round for HIS car).

Warning...RUDE WORDS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5a_RvSqD2A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

stevewool
11th May 2013, 17:09
well well well graham lots to watch there

fred
11th May 2013, 17:32
I know I shouldn't laugh at this ...but. :icon_lol:

( It was about a parking ticket, but shows it would be no good sending softies round for HIS car).

Warning...RUDE WORDS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5a_RvSqD2A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

There you go... :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thats the way to deal with unwelcomed guests until they come back with a new court order and the Police.:doh
Unless you have a private loan from an unreputable company in which case that guy would have been stone cold in his own hallway just about 2 seconds before he opened his mouth!!

IMO..If you cant afford it..Dont buy it..

bigmarco
11th May 2013, 19:52
IMO..If you cant afford it..Dont buy it..

Spot on Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th May 2013, 20:45
Anyone seen 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_WLagNhzqnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBmSpy7AtMc&feature=player_detailpage

Dedworth
11th May 2013, 23:37
I can't stand that Dog bloke he's a cross between Medallion Man and one of those WWF wrestling idiots

grahamw48
12th May 2013, 01:05
They do have the Good Lord (our Saviour) in their lives though. :smile:

mickcant
12th May 2013, 06:06
It at least shows us how important the credit check on used cars are:cwm25:

To buy a car then get saddled with someone else's debt from money owed on it.:cwm23:

I paid cash from a main dealer for my last car but did not think about checking for anything owed on it:Erm:
Mick.