PDA

View Full Version : What a disaster!!

fred
10th May 2013, 03:22
The silly law makers here have banned ALL bars from serving alcohol to everyone including foreigners for a WHOLE WEEK!!
Any bar that wishes to serve foreign tourists and non Filipino voters MUST acquire a non compliance certificate from the DTI if they still have time to jump through these new hoops.:cwm25:
Last elections it was simply illegal to serve Filipino`s and we all just sat there sipping our beers looking smug..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Not sure what the new regulations are for a foreigner drinking at home are though?

jake
10th May 2013, 04:06
http://s645.photobucket.com/user/megansco/media/baby-mice-wine1_zpsacf317e3.jpg.htmlThought the same thing yesterday, until i noticed the spirits section in Puregold wasn't cordoned off. On the way home people where drinking on the street as per usual :Erm:

Little search on Google found this

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2013/05/08/liquor-ban-cut-2-days-only-281392

Guess i will have to leave my special baby mice rice wine to ferment a bit longer :yikes:

http://s645.photobucket.com/user/megansco/media/baby-mice-wine1_zpsacf317e3.jpg.html

jake
10th May 2013, 07:43
Not sure what the new regulations are for a foreigner drinking at home are though?

There is no law that says foreigners or filipino's can not drink at home during the ban. Bang goes your chance of being sober for a couple of days!

Can you imagine them trying to enforce a ban in the provinces? :smile:

lordna
10th May 2013, 10:12
Drink Tuba!

melovesengland
10th May 2013, 10:22
That is because of the election. We've been doing that for quite few years now.

Terpe
10th May 2013, 11:30
The silly law makers here have banned ALL bars from serving alcohol to everyone including foreigners for a WHOLE WEEK!!
Any bar that wishes to serve foreign tourists and non Filipino voters MUST acquire a non compliance certificate from the DTI if they still have time to jump through these new hoops.:cwm25:
Last elections it was simply illegal to serve Filipino`s and we all just sat there sipping our beers looking smug..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I feel for you fred. Really.

Time to get that self-brew project up and running

fred
11th May 2013, 06:38
I feel for you fred. Really.

Time to get that self-brew project up and running

I have just started researching how to brew beer from scratch without a beer kit..
Its a bit complicated but might be possible.. I can get the barley here no problem as it is sold as fighting cock feed but it seems I need to malt and roast it first..
The next issue to get around is an alternative to Hops..
The only possible alternative I have found so far may be stewed tea bags.. (for bitterness)
Any advice from beer brewing experts would be much appreciated!(after election day)

Guess i will have to leave my special baby mice rice wine to ferment a bit longer

Jake.. Sounds interesting.. "Mice rice" you say?
Whats the brew like and will it get me as pissed as a rat?

We will have to start a proper home brewing thread..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
11th May 2013, 06:45
Little search on Google found this

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-n...ys-only-281392 (http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2013/05/08/liquor-ban-cut-2-days-only-281392)

I heard about this yesterday so not so bad eh?
Seems that the Supreme court really does have a positive and worth while purpose after all!!
Cheers,
Fred.

hawk
11th May 2013, 07:20
get a burner and a copper container some copper coil get supplys and make some moonshine sell to locals make big profit build nice house to live in:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
11th May 2013, 08:10
Jake.. Sounds interesting.. "Mice rice" you say?
Whats the brew like and will it get me as pissed as a rat?

We will have to start a proper home brewing thread..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I very much doubt baby mice rice wine will be at the top of your home brewing list! You might get as pissed as rat and as sick as a dog!

http://www.uglyfood.com/2008/03/18/baby-mice-wine/

fred
11th May 2013, 10:02
I very much doubt baby mice rice wine will be at the top of your home brewing list! You might get as pissed as rat and as sick as a dog!

http://www.uglyfood.com/2008/03/18/baby-mice-wine/

Thank you for putting me off lunch!!
Disgusting!:icon_lol:

stevewool
11th May 2013, 11:16
get a burner and a copper container some copper coil get supplys and make some moonshine sell to locals make big profit build nice house to live in:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hes got a nice house to live , wish i had one like it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
11th May 2013, 14:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lK3muzQ9e0

Terpe
11th May 2013, 20:25
I have just started researching how to brew beer from scratch without a beer kit..
Its a bit complicated but might be possible.. I can get the barley here no problem as it is sold as fighting cock feed but it seems I need to malt and roast it first..
The next issue to get around is an alternative to Hops..
The only possible alternative I have found so far may be stewed tea bags.. (for bitterness)
Any advice from beer brewing experts would be much appreciated!(after election day)....

I wanted to reply to this earlier.
It's a subject very close to my heart :icon_rolleyes:

I'm most definitely not any kind of beer brewing expert, but I do enjoy different beers. The cheaper and healthier the better :Erm:

Fred, you don't need to get into the complications of malted and roasted barley. (well unless you want to)
You can use barley and then introduce natural enzymes to do all that boring work for you.
Research.
Think about using Calamansi and Milfoil (Achillea millefolium) as a hops substitute.
Chemically it introduces a more Red Bull effect than the 'sleepy' effect of hops. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

From what I think I know about you fred, you'd enjoy working on a project to develop a maltless and hop-less beer using only ingredients indigenous to the Philippines (and cheap too).

I know I'd enjoy drinking it :biggrin:

:Beer:

fred
12th May 2013, 13:43
I wanted to reply to this earlier.
It's a subject very close to my heart :icon_rolleyes:

I'm most definitely not any kind of beer brewing expert, but I do enjoy different beers. The cheaper and healthier the better :Erm:

Fred, you don't need to get into the complications of malted and roasted barley. (well unless you want to)
You can use barley and then introduce natural enzymes to do all that boring work for you.
Research.
Think about using Calamansi and Milfoil (Achillea millefolium) as a hops substitute.
Chemically it introduces a more Red Bull effect than the 'sleepy' effect of hops. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

From what I think I know about you fred, you'd enjoy working on a project to develop a maltless and hop-less beer using only ingredients indigenous to the Philippines (and cheap too).

I know I'd enjoy drinking it :biggrin:

:Beer:

OK..
Not sure what Achillea millefolium is.. Ive looked at Google images and cannot recognise it??

What is the brewing process and what do I add to produce natural enzymes??
I think I need a recipe...And a process!!

Terpe
12th May 2013, 14:24
OK..
Not sure what Achillea millefolium is.. Ive looked at Google images and cannot recognise it??

British = Yarrow
Chinese = Shi Cao
Filipino = Milfoil

Like I said I'm not a beer-brewer and I've never actually used Yarrow instead of Hops.
I would say that Hops has got to be the best ingredient. It's just a suggestion for experimenting
(an excuse to drink lots of experimental beer purely in the interests of research :biggrin:)

What is the brewing process and what do I add to produce natural enzymes??
I think I need a recipe...And a process!!

Sorry Fred, not much time right now. Will get on later.
In principle we just need to find an alternative process to malting (as we know it) to convert the starch to sugar.
This fungus stuff (Rhizopus Oryzae) can do that quite well. So it's a natural and cheap way of 'malting'
the barley.
Can you get hold of 'Rhizopus Oryzae'? It's used quite a lot in Asian food preparation/cooking (especially China)

I've never done this either :icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
12th May 2013, 14:32
Can you get hold of 'Rhizopus Oryzae'? It's used quite a lot in Asian food preparation/cooking (especially China)

No idea what it is?? Just did a Google image search and there are lots of pictures of thing going rotten!!:cwm25:
Are you sure?

jake
12th May 2013, 14:53
Fred, what happened with the Papaya and Rambutan wine?