PDA

View Full Version : on a clear day

Mich
6th September 2007, 09:38
Ask any person who exercises on a regular basis, and he or she will tell you that the benefits of a good workout go far beyond the physical. Many people end their workday with a trip to the gym. Doing so helps them to clear their head of the days’ frustrations, gives them more energy to face the evening ahead, calms them down, and improves their mood. It is also a complete departure from sitting at a desk all day.

While any exercise can be helpful, research has shown that where you exercise can make a big difference in the benefits derived from a workout session. A psychologist at an East Coast university tracked hormonal and mood changes in a group of runners who participated in 3 different jogs:

v Outdoors,
v Indoors, on a treadmill, while listening to “sounds of nature”
v Indoors, on a treadmill, while listening to the sound of their own heartbeats.

Can you guess which jog proved to be the most beneficial? The outdoor jog. Levels of the positive mood hormones adrenaline and noradrenalin were up, while the levels of the stress hormone cortisol are down in those who had jogged outside.

It seems environment really matters. Whether you’re exercising or just taking a few moments to relax with a cup of tea, where you do it can be as nearly as important as why and how you do it. Take a delightful, stimulating spot for your getaway, and make the most of your break.

As children, we often asked our neighborhood friends, “Can you come out and play?” it’s still a good question to ask.

Maria_2300
6th September 2007, 10:18
Mich, I do like that in your avatar at the gym. I do some crazy exercises, doing mens thing. I try to do almost everything there except jogging on the treadmill. I do not like it because my ___ hurt hehehe...

baboyako
6th September 2007, 21:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just back from my outdoor jog. For me the best thing is it makes you sleep very soundly, the next morning you are totally refreshed and ready for the office again.

If I just come home and rest, then I'm more tired.. :Erm:

Mich
7th September 2007, 03:21
Mich, I do like that in your avatar at the gym. I do some crazy exercises, doing mens thing. I try to do almost everything there except jogging on the treadmill. I do not like it because my ___ hurt hehehe...

i never liked jogging on a treadmill, rather do it outside, early morning. but when i was enrolled in the gym, i just do brisk walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes (good thing my gym instructor is still alive, could have killed him for that :icon_lol:)

i miss the gym...:bigcry:

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 04:14
Lets go to the gym together. I would love that :)... I will encourage and teach you to lift heavy dumb bells and barbells hehehe.

Mich
7th September 2007, 04:18
LOL

di ko kaya yan! :icon_lol:

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 04:19
Kaya mo yan, look at your avatar hehehe....

Mich
7th September 2007, 04:23
the heart can...but the body wont... :icon_lol:

KeithD
7th September 2007, 09:41
Jogging is fine......when it is someone else doing it :)

Maria_2300
7th September 2007, 10:08
Jogging is fine......when it is someone else doing it :)

You are right Keith :)