PDA

View Full Version : The Voice UK 2013 - Filipino Guy Joseph Apostol

raynaputi
6th May 2013, 20:58
He's good! I hope he at least gets to the finals. I can say that contestants on this show are really amazing singers!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bL3xUvO6EBY

Ako Si Jamie
6th May 2013, 21:51
Very good singer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
7th May 2013, 03:15
We have the American version here in the Philippines and it is much better than the dross American idol produces.

han
7th May 2013, 08:42
:appl: i actually missed this 'coz I was watching the other channel. Hope he will make it through, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
7th May 2013, 09:33
We have the American version here in the Philippines and it is much better than the dross American idol produces.

Yeah so true..:xxgrinning--00xx3: The Voice is way much better because contestants are picked solely on their voice and not their appearance. I think The Voice PH version would be shown there by June this year. I've heard they just finished the blind auditions taping. The Voice PH judges are Lea Salonga, Bamboo, Sarah Geronimo and Allan Pineda Lindo (or Apl.de.ap of Black Eyed Peas).

lovejoy
7th May 2013, 09:41
Watch the last Sunday for a replay. He is good I think he choose the right person to coach him... Will. I. Am mention Chicken Adobo and Pancit wheh he knows that he is a filipino and the word SALAMAT. It's pretty cool. :smile:

sars_notd_virus
7th May 2013, 16:56
Super Mega Dope!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

MissAna
7th May 2013, 22:26
two thumbs up

Dedworth
9th June 2013, 20:56
Just saw a video of him - good singer but he needs to lay off the rice (or pies)

raynaputi
9th June 2013, 21:19
Just saw a video of him - good singer but he needs to lay off the rice (or pies)

Why does it matter whether he's fat or not? :Erm: The contest is about his talent and not about his physical appearance.

tone
9th June 2013, 22:28
Rayna - it is about talent but nowadays how you look as a star is quite important too. I'm sure if you asked him he would say he would like to lose a few KG - we all would.

Being in the public eye has its consequences and being overweight can lead to a bit of abuse.

My sister is working with a top Indian actress and she is like Angelina Jolie in India - mega star, but she was miss world in 2000 and got fat - people in india call her piggy chops now, which I think is totally out of order.

I personally dont care what someone looks like - I dont watch music videos I tend to listen to music on my phone, in car etc.

just my 2p worth.

Tone

raynaputi
9th June 2013, 22:57
I know that Tone. But someone should not always be compelled to change his/her physical appearance just to please others. And someone telling "oh you're a great singer but you are fat and you need to lose weight to be successful" is very insulting. Changing so that no one would tease you or so that others would like you should not be the reasons why you need to change your appearance. This is one reason why I prefer the talent show The Voice over any other shows. They based their judgment purely on the contestant's voice and not on his/her appearance, which is what it should be when you are talking about talent. No wonder there are lots of crap singers and actors today because they mostly based it on the looks and body figures.

Just my 2p too.