PDA

View Full Version : Totally Free Internet Based TV - Worldwide

Terpe
2nd May 2013, 20:46
I can't remember if I ever posted this before, but anyway here goes.

It's a totally free internet based television provider called FilmON
You can watch and record over 500 LIVE TV Channels for free, anywhere in the world that has an adequate internet connection.
I do have family and friends in the Philippines that are able to watch this. (Including BBC channels)

There's 'local TV' availability and also video on demand channels, which includes programming in multiple languages.
Channel lineup varies in each country where it can be received.

There are apps available for iPhone, iPad & iPod. I've used it on iPad extensively and it's top notch

Just click here (http://www.filmon.com) or if you prefer to learn more beforehand just google FilmON

Click the 'Join for Free' tab to register. No charges at all, no membership fees no billing. Period.

Hope it helps some members

Enjoy.

les_taxi
2nd May 2013, 20:54
Still think my Sky deal Can't be beat,every channel inc all Sky movies and sports in hd for £20 a month:biggrin:

Terpe
2nd May 2013, 21:16
Still think my Sky deal Can't be beat,every channel inc all Sky movies and sports in hd for £20 a month:biggrin:

Les, this is about internet TV
Available worldwide
Free of charge
No Subscription
No minimum contract
Available in HD
Recordable

Can Sky be watched in Philippines?
Is it free?
Without contract?

No, on all counts.

Your deal is beaten.
Sorry.

les_taxi
2nd May 2013, 21:29
Sorry was referring to UK only,My tv is free sat and free view etc but when I got my deal with Sky (had to leave em to get the deal and come back) I had to watch the freesat/freeview channels and they were pretty crap.
But you are talking about a different thing so yes I'm sure your deal is good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
2nd May 2013, 21:31
Useful to know. There's an app for it too. Salamat Peter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
2nd May 2013, 21:35
Thanks for this Terpe! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I just downloaded this in my tablet. :biggrin:

imagine
2nd May 2013, 21:52
nice one peter, now i know i can watch uk tv when i go to phil:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd May 2013, 21:57
Thanks for that ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovejoy
2nd May 2013, 22:30
Thank you! :xxgrinning--00xx3: just download this.. :smile:

keith britten
3rd May 2013, 01:42
Just had a look at the site. Next to the "Join for free"" tab is another tab "Subscriptions". I don't think this is a free site.

Dedworth
3rd May 2013, 09:03
Looks handy many thanks for posting Terpe

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 15:09
Just had a look at the site. Next to the "Join for free"" tab is another tab "Subscriptions". I don't think this is a free site.

Keith, it's free.
I have plenty of friends and family in Philippines watching the UK TV including BBC.

Just register and see if it suits you. Nothing to lose.

Of course you'll need to have a good enough internet connection.

If you don't want to try it that's fine. Your choice.

I'm certainly not trying to sell anything. Just sharing something that could interesting. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
3rd May 2013, 19:15
I think the subscriptions are for other channels such as sport. That was my initial thought too when I saw it.

imagine
3rd May 2013, 19:42
just been doing a search about film on, heres a video on how to bypass being charged,

also i suggest going to the vid on youtube and read the comments under the vid
it might prove interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmJyrTSWTg

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 19:50
Wow, you mean to say that watching TV via FilmON gets charged to the phone bill?

I honestly didn't realise that.
Sorry everyone.

Should I delete this thread??????

But what about when I'm watching FilmON via a BT WiFi Hotspot?

How does it get added on to the phone bill? What's the numbers it's calling?

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 19:57
Stewart can you explain more about what you've discovered please?

I'm not a techie and am a bit lost with some of those comments on YT :Erm:

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 20:11
Or is it additional charges for exceeding any download limits?

I have unlimited download with BT. Will I get charged extra for watching Live BBC news on my iPad via FilmOn ??

imagine
3rd May 2013, 20:16
it appears or would seem that there are charges to your phone, im not sure perhaps the persons whos phone bill increased maybe he was using a mobile app, but why is someone making a video on how to use this site for free if there are not charges of some kind, i would have to investigate more
when iv time,
im just pointing out that something seems amiss ,so please tread carefully

it could be that there are charges for channels that are normaly subscription such as is on sky ect,
and a selection of free to view channels,

imagine
3rd May 2013, 20:18
Or is it additional charges for exceeding any download limits?

I have unlimited download with BT. Will I get charged extra for watching Live BBC news on my iPad via FilmOn ??

could be , but it still leaves a question, why a video on how to cheat payment:Erm:

download would be the same used even if cheating payment to view

i dont want to try it just incase, plus i have no tv licence lol

imagine
3rd May 2013, 20:24
Wow, you mean to say that watching TV via FilmON gets charged to the phone bill?

I honestly didn't realise that.
Sorry everyone.

Should I delete this thread??????

But what about when I'm watching FilmON via a BT WiFi Hotspot?

How does it get added on to the phone bill? What's the numbers it's calling?

i dont think this thread needs deleting, as long as everyone reads to be careful just incase,
if anyone goes for it and tries it out with no problems, let us all know:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
3rd May 2013, 20:29
reading this it seems to say its free , i wonder if its high def HD thats chargable:Erm:

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/03/05/500-channels-for-filmon/

raynaputi
3rd May 2013, 20:43
This is their subscription site.. https://www.filmon.com/subscriptions (https://www.filmon.com/subscriptions)

Looks like you'd pay for subscriptions if you want to watch in HD and to record the shows.

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 21:19
So Rayna, does that mean it's still a useful site ?
Still good for folks in Philippines ??

I would hate to think I've linked to a problem site.

Nobody from Philippines has ever mentioned any issues at all. They're all very happy

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 21:20

Nobody from Philippines has ever mentioned any issues at all. They're all very happy

Maybe they're all hacked into someone else's WiFi :biggrin:

raynaputi
3rd May 2013, 21:30

Yup..as long as they're not using HD or recording. I tried watching in HD yesterday and after just a couple of minutes, it got cut and asked me to watch in Free SD. It also shows in the screen that you have to pay for HD. See the photo below.

imagine
3rd May 2013, 22:22
sorry peter, i wasn't meaning to cause a stir, the guy on the vid im now assuming he is hacking to see the HD and recording without paying

Ako Si Jamie
3rd May 2013, 22:56
Read more here

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/03/18/filmon-review-for-live-uk-television/

Terpe
3rd May 2013, 23:09
Ah, seems all is ok.
Panic over.
None of the family in Philippines can stream HD anyway :NoNo:
:cwm25:

grahamw48
3rd May 2013, 23:42
I thought that might be a bit ambitious. :biggrin:

fred
4th May 2013, 01:20
Thanks Terpe.. Tried it but can seem to get British channels over here.. Probably need to go through a VPN server to view?..

sars_notd_virus
4th May 2013, 13:11
thanks Terpe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
4th May 2013, 18:20
We have Apple TV, which fits straight in via the HDMI port and gives access to Netflix, Youtube etc (which we pay for), but also we can mirror directly from iPad apps such as BBC iPlayer. I will now try the FilmON app, if its setup properly, when it mirrors it completely streams via the Apple TV in HD.
We use a VPN to bypass the country restrictions.

Terpe
4th May 2013, 18:44
I received an e-mail from my daughter (in Philippines) she said she was unable to connect to either British Eurosport or ITV4.
She wanted to watch the Giro d'Italia
She not a happy bunny as her hero Mark Cavendish won the first stage today.

Looks like I'll need to find yet another way :doh

grahamw48
4th May 2013, 19:57
Not to worry...good effort Peter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th May 2013, 20:07
Not to worry...good effort Peter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't like to let her down
Hope I can organise something stage 2 tomorrow :Cuckoo:

Ako Si Jamie
4th May 2013, 22:19
I received an e-mail from my daughter (in Philippines) she said she was unable to connect to either British Eurosport or ITV4.
She wanted to watch the Giro d'Italia
She not a happy bunny as her hero Mark Cavendish won the first stage today.

Looks like I'll need to find yet another way :dohThis might be worth a try as it shows Eurosport.

http://www.usagoals.me/

Terpe
5th May 2013, 10:16
This might be worth a try as it shows Eurosport.

http://www.usagoals.me/

Thanks Jamie, I've just sent the link to her. I did notice there's a 30 minute slot for Giro d'Italia .
Let's see how it goes. :xxgrinning--00xx3: