PDA

View Full Version : Beep Beep Flash

Admin
7th November 2005, 09:47
How many have been done for speeding? How many times? Or do you know of any poor 90 yo's who got nicked for doing 31mph!!! :angry:

Considering they are only supposed to be in accident blackspots, their is one on the way out of North Wales going to Liverpool hidden round a corner, in the trees!! They are supposed to be visible as a deterrent.

One thing with this particular camera. If you pass it at 90mph on the opposite side it goes off, but it's not set up to get a picture of a car going the wrong way :lol:

I've never been done in 20 years, and never will be :rolleyes:

One thing I hate is driving through an area you don't know and their are no speed signs. You know it's probably 50-70, but to be safe I do 30, this has the bonus of annoying the people behind me :)

deepete
7th November 2005, 11:36
My wife was banned for a week for doing 67mph on the North circular at Pinkham way.
They had been working on that stretch for a year and the cones were left stacked up on the hard shoulder for about 6 months with the speed reduced to 30mph.All 3 lanes were in operation.
We went to court and I told her to stand up and defend herself, she always maintains she never went that fast anyway, but she would`nt say a word. Not that bad a result though, no points added just a weeks ban.

Anyway 5 years on and its still all my fault.