PDA

View Full Version : maybe a scam

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 20:28
i bought a pair of boots earlier on line. after an hour or two, i suddenly feel the urge of searching for the reviews on that website and there i found loads of complaints. one of them posted this:

I have spent the past 20 minutes trying to get through to the company via phone. I am now through - a miracle! I wanted to cancel the account in February, but have been unable to get through via phone. The email I sent in March was responded to stating that they could just hold off on taking money from my account for that month and every month following this; I could notify them not to deduct the 35 pounds. Are you serious? So it turns out that even upon my clear instruction to cancel - April has been deducted too!

How this came about - I found the website in December and ordered a pair of boots. I did understand the concept; however, I thought I had chosen the option pointing towards a one-off order. I genuinely feel that the rules of the site are not transparent enough. I ordered to my family's address in the UK; however, I live in Budapest, so the service is not convenient for me (by the way, I'm still on hold).

This is an absolute disgrace of a website. Please don't use them. There are plenty more out there where you pay for what you get and your card details aren't getting swiped on a monthly basis.

to fully understand what i mean, here's the website. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/justfab.html

my question is, can i ask my bank to prevent/stop any transaction from them? thank you.

imagine
27th April 2013, 20:53
yes tell your bank , and stop further transactions , maybe the bank can shed some light on whether this company is acting within the law or not

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 21:04
i want to cancel the purchase but says i can't do it. they might take the money first thing in the morning so i'm thinking of transferring all my money from my current account to my savings but the bank might charge me for a declined/failed transaction. can't believe they save your bank details to get money from you.. :NoNo: defo i'm going to lloyds on monday to sort this out.

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 21:32
just found out that even if i'll cancel the direct debit, they still can reinstate it since they have saved my details. oh deAr, what have i got myself into. :bigcry:

imagine
27th April 2013, 21:36
just found out that even if i'll cancel the direct debit, they still can reinstate it since they have saved my details. oh deAr, what have i got myself into. :bigcry:

your bank can stop any further transactions,

it was a card you used , debit or credit, if you have online banking, you can cancel any further payments yourself, but if you do, still go see your bank,

might be a good idea to print out the complaints from that site and take to bank with you

imagine
27th April 2013, 21:38

dont worry im sure it can be sorted

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 21:43
your bank can stop any further transactions,

it was a card you used , debit or credit, if you have online banking, you can cancel any further payments yourself, but if you do, still go see your bank,

might be a good idea to print out the complaints from that site and take to bank with you

i do on line banking,, i'm searching it now on how to do it.. thnx imagine. :smile:

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 22:26
i know now how to cancel direct debit but the problem is it won't let me, it says i need to ring that company to cancel it which from what i've read is a nightmare. hope it won't resort to changing bank as i really like banking with lloyds. :NoNo:

imagine
27th April 2013, 22:30
i know now how to cancel direct debit but the problem is it won't let me, it says i need to ring that company to cancel it which from what i've read is a nightmare. hope it won't resort to changing bank as i really like banking with lloyds. :NoNo:

its your money
you tell lloyds to stop them, if they say no, tell them you will close your account, they will im sure

bhem_bhem
27th April 2013, 22:39
its your money
you tell lloyds to stop them, if they say no, tell them you will close your account, they will im sure

learnt my lesson,, i got to be very careful next time i shop on line.. :doh

stevewool
28th April 2013, 09:09
you and your shoes, Ems did the same but after a few phone calls she did manage to get her money back and then closed the account too,

Michael Parnham
28th April 2013, 09:37
Bhem bhem, you surely don't shop online, do you?:NoNo:

raynaputi
28th April 2013, 10:05
I've just read the FAQ of that justfab site..tsktsk..Just reading it made me think it would be a problem..it clearly states there that once you order from them, it's a monthly subscription..:NoNo:

WHAT IS JUSTFAB?
JustFab is a personalised shopping experience that gives you access to celebrity stylists and their hottest picks. Every woman deserves to have the season's latest trends and style expert advice regardless of her location, schedule or budget, so we've combined the convenience of online shopping with the luxury of having a personal shopper.

Our team of style experts keep you on trend by handpicking a selection of gorgeous accessories every month based on your personal style. You'll get the season's hottest shoes, bags and more for a fabulous value! It's free to join and there's no obligation to buy. Delivery & returns are always free and exchanges are a breeze.

HOW DOES JUSTFAB WORK?

How to Join:

1. Take a Short Style Quiz:
Create a style profile to help our stylists get to know you better.

2. Get a Personalised Boutique:
New shoes and handbag options are handpicked for you each month.

3. Go Shopping!
Buy what you love - Every JustFab style is only £35 with free delivery & returns!

JustFab VIP Membership Programme
Once you make your first purchase, you're automatically enrolled in our free VIP membership programme.
As a VIP, you'll receive members-only pricing of £35 as well as other private perks.

VIP Member Perks:

Styles starting from just £35
Quality shoes, handbags and more, designed in Los Angeles by industry experts
FREE delivery & returns
Easy exchanges
Customised picks curated by stylists just for you
No obligation to buy. Skip any month and cancel any time
Access to private sales and exclusive promotions
Earn points towards free shoes

How the VIP Programme Works:
1. Get a Personalised Boutique on the 1st of Every Month
Receive new styles handpicked for you by our stylists each month.

2. Visit Your Boutique by the 5th of Each Month
Log in to your Boutique and check out your new selections by the 5th of each month.
Browse and buy your favourites. Each JustFab style is only £35 (save up to 50% as a VIP!).

3. No Obligation to Buy. Just Skip the Month to Avoid a Membership Charge.

Skipping the Month
If you're not ready to make a purchase, simple Skip the Month by the 5th and you will not be charged.
You can skip as many months as you'd like.

Membership Charge
If you don't make a purchase or Skip the Month by the 5th, you will be charged £35 for a member credit on the 6th.
Each member credit can be redeemed for 1 style, so use it to shop later.

Pay As You Go
If you're not ready to commit to a VIP membership, you can choose to be a Pay As You Go member, where you have access to a great selection of the hottest styles at retail prices of £49-89, free delivery & returns and don't have worry about skipping the month.

bhem_bhem
28th April 2013, 11:49
you and your shoes, Ems did the same but after a few phone calls she did manage to get her money back and then clossed the account too,

im so crazy over shoes,, got 30 pairs now,, :biggrin:

i won't let them rip me off even if it means i have to change bank again..

bhem_bhem
28th April 2013, 11:51
Bhem bhem, you surely don't shop online, do you?:NoNo:

i do most of my shoe shopping on line,, :NoNo:

bhem_bhem
28th April 2013, 11:59
I've just read the FAQ of that justfab site..tsktsk..Just reading it made me think it would be a problem..it clearly states there that once you order from them, it's a monthly subscription..:NoNo:

i didn't read the terms and conditions as i won't stick on that site,, when i signed up, they give me 2 options if i want to be vip member or not. i click the one-off option,, crafty buggers they are, they still automatically signed you to vip membership. :cwm23:

grahamw48
28th April 2013, 12:50
This is one of the best consumer forums:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

You can join and ask for advice on there too. :smile:

bhem_bhem
28th April 2013, 13:07
This is one of the best consumer forums:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

You can join and ask for advice on there too. :smile:

done signing up.. still trying to familiarize myself of their site.. :smile:

raynaputi
28th April 2013, 14:04
Next time you want to buy shoes or clothes online, try Boohoo (http://www.boohoo.com). I've used them a lot of times already and their customer service (even post a message in their FB page) has always been so helpful. They always answer right away. One time, I ordered and paid already and then I saw that they have a free delivery code which I failed to notice. I asked them via their Facebook page if I can still use it on my transaction. They said no but they did put that amount on my account so the next time I order something, I'd have credits/money in my account. :xxgrinning--00xx3: The money is still on my account. :biggrin:

bhem_bhem
28th April 2013, 15:45
Next time you want to buy shoes or clothes online, try Boohoo (http://www.boohoo.com). I've used them a lot of times already and their customer service (even post a message in their FB page) has always been so helpful. They always answer right away. One time, I ordered and paid already and then I saw that they have a free delivery code which I failed to notice. I asked them via their Facebook page if I can still use it on my transaction. They said no but they did put that amount on my account so the next time I order something, I'd have credits/money in my account. :xxgrinning--00xx3: The money is still on my account. :biggrin:

i'm already member of boohoo,:smile: i do like their dresses but i'm not so keen with their shoes. only this justfab that i failed to check before purchasing. i'll stick now with modatoi for my shoes. :smile: