PDA

View Full Version : What currency

jake
27th April 2013, 14:26
When you think about money matters what currency do you think in?

Having lived abroad for most of my adult life i used to automatically calculate things in dollars rather than pounds. Now that we have lived here in the Philippines for so long i think in pesos and convert to dollars.

RickyR
27th April 2013, 14:47
I'm constantly thinking in multi currencies; Omani Rials, UAE Dirhams, US Dollars, Pound Sterling and Philippine Peso. I make transactions in all of these currencies during the course of a month. I have bank accounts in three countries and four currencies. I get driven mad some months by the currency fluctuations.

jake
28th April 2013, 03:52
I have a few million Zimbabwean dollars and Vietnamese Dong stashed away for a rainy day :Cuckoo: If the price doesn't improve i may one day buy a grain of rice with them.

stevewool
28th April 2013, 09:02
just the pound to peso rate for me,

Terpe
29th April 2013, 09:01
Unfortunately I have to have transactions in US $, Japanese Yen and British pounds. All for pensions.
Gets to be real headache and I often get my timing wrong.
During 2012/2013 though I managed to make a profit of $108 on good timing and RoE though :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Not much I know, but worth the effort.

Arthur Little
29th April 2013, 11:13
When you think about money matters what currency do you think in?

There aren't many of us left now, I suspect :bigcry: ... but - believe it or not - MY mind still occasionally harks back to the currency I was brought up with ... namely, "good" old £. s. d. Okay, far more complex to calculate in comparison to the present system, I have to admit ... but seems clear to me the transition to decimalisation in February 1971 marked the beginning of spiralling inflation in this country.

stevewool
29th April 2013, 19:44
12 pennies in your pocket when you was a young un, that was some weight then and how many holes in them pockets was caused by all that loose change you carried around, or was that caused by feeling something else:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
30th April 2013, 11:35
12 pennies in your pocket when you was a young un, that was some weight then and how many holes in them pockets was caused by all that loose change you carried around

:olddude: ... 12 old pennies was still a lorra cash in the 1960s, :iagree:

Arthur Little
30th April 2013, 11:51
... or was that caused by feeling something else :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You boasting about your wealth :cwm24: ... or your other "assets", Steve? :icon_rolleyes: You could've offloaded the excess weight - and ALSO eased the pressure on your pocket lining - by exchanging those coppers for one old shilling! :biggrin: